Please stop the Suite/Tier Negativity

I guess if we are identifying with new C & A Classification rankings. (Only in ones imagination), than I would be P -2. (Diamond). Soon to be. P -1    ( diamond +) if the plaque ever resolves. 

Diamond triple plus new one. 

Just having fun

Just a new twist on tiers. 

Stay healthy. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, shofer said:

I'm coming late to this thread.  We have been cruising for 27 years and like many who started in the 90's remember when the primary lure of cruises was the class-less system.  It didn't matter what category of room you were in, everyone had the run of the ship.  

It is understandable for people to resent the creating of a suite "class" when it results in poorer quality of food in the MDR and less space for everyone to enjoy the ship.  I'm thinking of how the Edge class ships now restrict the front view of the ship for suite passengers only.

I remember when the specialty restaurants first started for $25/pp.  Our first cruise was on Zenith which was 40K ton ship and we couldn't believe the luxury of being onboard!   Our last was on Silhouette for a 15 day TA which we enjoyed immensely.  

We would love to book another cruise but obviously the current world pandemic trumps that idea.   Looking forward to a disease free future and open cruising. 

Pay for first class on a flight...they get front view as well.  😉  Pay extra, get extra, expect more.  

Edited by island lady
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I've been on a few cruises where they made a special lounge for the pins, and they didn't restrict them from the SL.  If they do restricr, they have always bent over backwards to provide the pins with awesome alternatives. 

Long story short, it won't bother me in the least whatever changes.

From your review of last year's President's cruise...I thought RCI did a nice job of accommodating the many Pinnies.  Too bad I will miss it this year...sigh...  😞 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

Sorry.  This makes no sense.  Adding a new dining venue should not cause an existing dining venue to decline.  No cause and effect here.

Unless there is one budget for both.

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Suite guests can most definitely be on their first cruise.

However there are suite guests that do sail frequently.  We always sail in full suites, most often in Star Class, unless a suite isn’t available.  That has been one time in the last three years, and only because we booked 3 days before we had to fly to port.  We are past the half way to Pinnacle mark, but that really doesn’t matter to me. 

Is this normal for suite guests, who know?  We do exist though. 

My last cruise was STAR. 🧞‍♂️

Maybe that's what caused all this 😱

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Unless there is one budget for both.

Then how would you explain the decline in MDR food quality on ships that have no Suites Dining Room ?  IMO, the decline in MDR quality (which I totally believe to be true) had nothing to do with Suites in any way.  It is just corporate-wide cost-cutting decision.  I hear they’re putting together new menus. Maybe it will “come back” to previous standards.

• Thanks 1

Just now, RFerrington said:

Then how would you explain the decline in MDR food quality on ships that have no Suites Dining Room ?  IMO, the decline in MDR quality (which I totally believe to be true) had nothing to do with Suites in any way.  It is just corporate-wide cost-cutting decision.  I hear they’re putting together new menus. Maybe it will “come back” to previous standards.

I also think it was a move to get people to book more specialty dining.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/26/2020 at 3:19 PM, peanut head said:

I am relatively new to CC and have only been cruising for a couple of years.  What I find disturbing on this site is that many times when someone asks a question or posts a comment regarding their higher level loyalty status or stateroom/suite others feel it necessary to post disparaging remarks.  If a cruiser has spent, or is spending, their hard earned money to enjoy their time at sea in whatever capacity they choose, and are not hurting anyone else, then why be snarky to that person?  It seems to me that many times the biggest "snobs and elitists" are not those in D/D+/Pinnacle categories and/or Star Class Suites, but those who are not.  As we have learned from an early age, if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all.

Guess some people never learned when you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.  Hope I didn't just violate that lesson.

14 minutes ago, island lady said:

From your review of last year's President's cruise...I thought RCI did a nice job of accommodating the many Pinnies.  Too bad I will miss it this year...sigh...  😞 

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

And the reason we decided to try Royal again. 

I should get a commission 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Then how would you explain the decline in MDR food quality on ships that have no Suites Dining Room ?

It's to drive people to the specialty dining.  Either way (specialty dining or suites), the cruise line makes more money.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, time4u2go said:

It's to drive people to the specialty dining.  Either way (specialty dining or suites), the cruise line makes more money.

I think the quality of the food went down when they went to MTD, improved the evening Jammer, and traditional dinner changed its importance

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

My last cruise was STAR. 🧞‍♂️

Maybe that's what caused all this 😱

Its all budget dependent. I mean we also always choose to cruise in a suite cause a regular cabin is too small for us (even though its cozy in a way). As far as STAR goes, never really heard about any problems connected with it in regard of the regular cabins and suite cabins. I think someone was just very unlucky  

• Thanks 1

Just now, Roger88 said:

Its all budget dependent. I mean we also always choose to cruise in a suite cause a regular cabin is too small for us (even though its cozy in a way). As far as STAR goes, never really heard about any problems connected with it in regard of the regular cabins and suite cabins. I think someone was just very unlucky  

I got snubbed by a fellow pinnacle because I was in Star.😉

10 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Perception. The MDR is just not our thing. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I don't see  any difference in dining room food on a ship like Mariner, that has NO suite dining, and a ship like Harmony that does.   Regardless of accommodations or C&A level and even if we have suite dining available, we generally  eat in the Main  dining room  two or three evenings  during the cruise,  generally two breakfasts and one lunch. 

M  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Or just to ease the load on the MDR. We had an MDR maitre 'd "recommend" that we eat in CK instead because the MDR was slammed. But we ate in the MDR anyway and it was fantastic (really).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Suite guests can most definitely be on their first cruise.

However there are suite guests that do sail frequently.  We always sail in full suites, most often in Star Class, unless a suite isn’t available.  That has been one time in the last three years, and only because we booked 3 days before we had to fly to port.  We are past the half way to Pinnacle mark, but that really doesn’t matter to me. 

Is this normal for suite guests, who know?  We do exist though. 

All but one of our cruises have been in suites, including the first one. And I have met others who do the same. I only have so much vacation time each year so we make the most of it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2