Please stop the Suite/Tier Negativity

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

At one point there were more Greeks living in Astoria than in Athens.  That has changed to a degree.  Our two neighbors are from Croatia and Hungary.  Gotta love it!

Maybe Athens, GA😂😂

Athens, Greece population is over 600K

Astoria total population is under 100K

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Maybe Athens, GA😂😂

Athens, Greece population is over 600K

Astoria total population is under 100K

You are correct in one respect.  I should have said the following... "At that time, Astoria saw a huge influx of Greek immigrants. By the end of the 1960s, the Queens neighborhood had the world’s largest population of Greeks outside of Greece itself."  As for the total population of Astoria, it depends on the reference you use since NYC neighborhoods can overlap.  Here's a recent survey...

Total Population 120,791
Male Population 60,406
Female Population 60,385

Thank you for your concern for the folks of Queens, who took the first hit of Coronavirus and was the epicenter of the epicenter.

2 minutes ago, yogimax said:

You are correct in one respect.  I should have said the following... "At that time, Astoria saw a huge influx of Greek immigrants. By the end of the 1960s, the Queens neighborhood had the world’s largest population of Greeks outside of Greece itself."  As for the total population of Astoria, it depends on the reference you use since NYC neighborhoods can overlap.  Here's a recent survey...

Total Population 120,791
Male Population 60,406
Female Population 60,385

Thank you for your concern for the folks of Queens, who took the first hit of Coronavirus and was the epicenter of the epicenter.

According to Wikipedia, Melbourne has the largest Greek population outside of Greece

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, yogimax said:

Total Population 120,791
Male Population 60,406
Female Population 60,385

O good lord you made a natural exageration and you turned it into a virtue shaming moment, congratulations.  

Sigh.... freaking ... sigh.

jc

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, yogimax said:

Not much point in the Windjammer.

Next time you're in the WJ ...ask for something...You might be surprised at the lengths they'll go to to fill a request.

A personal example...On one of the Med cruises I was on I couldn't find any regular yellow mustard in the WJ. Well, the next night a small box of packets was delivered to my cabin so I could take some to the WJ with me. When some of the servers saw I had them with me they smiled and said you're the "Mustard Lady" :classic_biggrin:

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Next time you're in the WJ ...ask for something...You might be surprised at the lengths they'll go to to fill a request.

A personal example...On one of the Med cruises I was on I couldn't find any regular yellow mustard in the WJ. Well, the next night a small box of packets was delivered to my cabin so I could take some to the WJ with me. When some of the servers saw I had them with me they smiled and said you're the "Mustard Lady" :classic_biggrin:

We've asked for so many things over the years

Hot fries

Lamb chops

Stir fry

Ginger

Horseradish 

Honey

They seem eager to help

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I miss that as much as anything. 

However, I'm done with progressive.  Way to much commitment 

Agree about progressive, but they used to have the best prizes.

BTW how many key chains, pens and highlighters do you have?

Yeah, never a big fan of trivia, and I really lost interest when a lady (maybe no longer cruising or with us who used to be in this forum) showed me her list of trivia answers while we were waiting to join Captain Rick Sullivan for dinner at the Captain’s table.  She was a Pin and  she was a complete PITA and this was way back in 2007 (did Pins exist then?). All I remember was she had been on a bazillion cruises and her poor brow beaten husband.... sigh.  

The only trivia I ever played on a ship was sometime in the last decade we did a disco trivia contest in the schooner bar on some ship.  We were not very good.  My wife was the only one who had a clue.  I hate disco.  Yet every cruise on disco night there we are....  I might actually be a good husband.😅😈😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, yogimax said:

Agree about progressive, but they used to have the best prizes.

BTW how many key chains, pens and highlighters do you have?

You forgot zipper pulls 😉

Seriously though, I have three small boxes of swag that I can't seem to give away 

3 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Yeah, never a big fan of trivia, and I really lost interest when a lady (maybe no longer cruising or with us who used to be in this forum) showed me her list of trivia answers while we were waiting to join Captain Rick Sullivan for dinner at the Captain’s table.  She was a Pin and  she was a complete PITA and this was way back in 2007 (did Pins exist then?). All I remember was she had been on a bazillion cruises and her poor brow beaten husband.... sigh.  

The only trivia I ever played on a ship was sometime in the last decade we did a disco trivia contest in the schooner bar on some ship.  We were not very good.  My wife was the only one who had a clue.  I hate disco.  Yet every cruise on disco night there we are....  I might actually be a good husband.😅😈😂

We really enjoyed music trivia on the Empress.

No pins in 2007

Edited by John&LaLa

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You forgot zipper pulls 😉

Seriously though, I have three small boxes of swag that I can't seem to give away 

Mrs. Yogimax likes the zipper pulls.

We discovered the key chains can be repurposed into luggage tags, but who knows when we will be able to use then again.

Some of our favorites from ages ago... hats and umbrellas (of course,they only lasted for only one or two storms).

6 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Mrs. Yogimax likes the zipper pulls.

We discovered the key chains can be repurposed into luggage tags, but who knows when we will be able to use then again.

Some of our favorites from ages ago... hats and umbrellas (of course,they only lasted for only one or two storms).

My favorite was the lunch cooler bag

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I recall he was chatting here prior to his departure

Without a dedicated Tui section, it's a toss up on where to put a Tui ship review - he could have also put it in the Marella section as they are under the Tui umbrella. I sent the admins another message requesting they create a Tui section.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I miss that as much as anything. 

However, I'm done with progressive.  Way to much commitment 

We actually like the progressive when we sail with extended family...There's always one of us who isn't interested in going off ship into one of the ports....usually it's our youngest adult DS and he's a trivia whiz. Thanks to him we've come in first many times. And yes...those prizes are usually the best.

I also have a box of useless prizes and some I have absolutely used...like those old bi-fold blue document holder's...I still use them every time I cruise.