Please stop the Suite/Tier Negativity

32 minutes ago, sjudis said:

IMG_0100.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This thread is great because it consolidates all of the random observations/complaints into one bundle that can be deleted when the time is right. Neat and tidy!

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Apparently, those that cruise too much.

Kind of like Pez telling me the story about how he was a jewel thief with inside information from someone at Scotland Yard who would let them know when the people were away so he could steal their jewels for his uncle.

I think when you have an active imagination and you are retired... you tell dumb people like me preposterous stories and some people believe them... I am dumb just not that dumb.

jc😈😆

I admire your honesty.😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

While I subscribe to @Ashland's idea that people need consequences for their bad behavior else it continues unabated, it's not going to be me that executes judgment while on vacation. People do annoying things all the time. If I am on vacation, whether on cruise ships or any location, I have one simple rule I get up and go somewhere else.  I'm not going to get dropped into some kind of drama and let some thudpucker ruin my vacation over a keychain.

I always play "80's Name that tune", I never win... Maybe the winners cheated, I have no way of knowing for sure but really don't care.  The best score I've had was 18/20, the winner got 20/20.  I considered that a win for me and bought a bottle of Champer's for myself and a couple of new friends I had just met that I was sitting with.  We had a great time disparaging Madonna songs and arguing about which Journey song was better.

Vacation isn't real life.  In real life I must deal with and see people suffering the consequences of bad decisions constantly. There I must be ruthless in my judgments because there is an awesome consequence to themselves and to the innocents around them. 

When I'm in the Schooner bar, with a drink in my hand, arguing about whether it was Cindi Lauper or Joan Jett, it really doesn't matter.

Well said.

Graham

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

I don't think I'd like the stairs 

Same here.  Our last house with stairs was 15 years ago.  Really don’t want to Wake up in the middle of the night (probably been drinking) looking for the bathroom In unfamiliar cabin in the dark and going down the stairs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aquahound said:

I've heard stories of CD staff getting removed from a ship for calling out cheaters.....cheaters who turned around and filed complaints to management because they felt embarrassed for getting called out.  Sad.  

Winning by cheating is a shallow win.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Same here.  Our last house with stairs was 15 years ago.  Really don’t want to Wake up in the middle of the night (probably been drinking) looking for the bathroom In unfamiliar cabin in the dark and going down the stairs.

We gave up stairs 9 years ago.

I was thinking of having to go up them after a bender, but you have a good point.

Edited by John&LaLa

6 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

There is a bathroom on both levels but if you are referring to falling down the stairs in the middle of the night, that is my concern too.  I have read there are lights on the stairs that some cover at night because they are too bright, but I think I am going to be glad those are there.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

There are bathrooms on both levels. And there are small lights on each step when the cabin is dark. It's probably not best for folks with mobility constraints but it's worth it for the two bathrooms and tall windows. Trade offs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

There is a bathroom on both levels but if you are referring to falling down the stairs in the middle of the night, that is my concern too.  I have read there are lights on the stairs that some cover at night because they are too bright, but I think I am going to be glad those are there.  

It would be hard to fall down unless you are trying. There's a landing at the top step and you need to make a 90 degree turn from there to head down. I'm more likely to trip over the threshold of the bathroom door.

17 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Yes there are lights on the stairs. They are not super bright. The stairs are a bit steep and can be a problem if you have bad knees like my husband. 

7B8DCDE3-EF70-4E49-9B3E-AAB39C54F63E.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Yes there are lights on the stairs. They are not super bright. The stairs are a bit steep and can be a problem if you have bad knees like my husband. 

I'm always forgetting thing's as we leave the cabin. I'd die

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Looks like a pain to me.  I am sure the 2 story windows are fantastic, but don’t need the second bathroom (just me and wife).  No mobility problems, but the wife will not walk down one flight of stairs  between decks when she has heels on (formal nights)  

Off original topic, but since the subject of cabins / suites came up, I have a questions.  Looking at pricing on upcoming cruises, I see that a GS is about $6K pp.  A 2 BR GS is $11k per person.  Why would anyone do this.  Half the price to get 2 GS.

7 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

We will be on Quantum and it looks like the configuration of the stairs are a little different on our sky loft.  Thanks for the picture though.

6 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We will be on Quantum and it looks like the configuration of the stairs are a little different on our sky loft.  Thanks for the picture though.

Yes you are correct, first picture was from a Crown Loft on Allure. This is a picture going up the stairs from our Sky Loft on Anthem.

B7692677-9666-4226-94E3-8FCF0DA375B4.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

While I subscribe to @Ashland's idea that people need consequences for their bad behavior else it continues unabated, it's not going to be me that executes judgment while on vacation. People do annoying things all the time. If I am on vacation, whether on cruise ships or any location, I have one simple rule I get up and go somewhere else.  I'm not going to get dropped into some kind of drama and let some thudpucker ruin my vacation over a keychain.

I always play "80's Name that tune", I never win... Maybe the winners cheated, I have no way of knowing for sure but really don't care.  The best score I've had was 18/20, the winner got 20/20.  I considered that a win for me and bought a bottle of Champer's for myself and a couple of new friends I had just met that I was sitting with.  We had a great time disparaging Madonna songs and arguing about which Journey song was better.

Vacation isn't real life.  In real life I must deal with and see people suffering the consequences of bad decisions constantly. There I must be ruthless in my judgments because there is an awesome consequence to themselves and to the innocents around them. 

When I'm in the Schooner bar, with a drink in my hand, arguing about whether it was Cindi Lauper or Joan Jett, it really doesn't matter.

I agree completely with you...While I'm certainly not the one "executing judgement" I can appreciate those that do in certain circumstances.

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We never go to the trivia games.

We went to a Harry Potter trivia on our first cruise on Carnival.  My 20's kids were Harry Potter enthusiasts and thought it would be fun.

The group next to us had 4 people.  3 on their phones, 1 writing.  They would each take a question and then give the answer to the writer. So, someone took 1, another took 2, another took 3, then the first person was done and took 4 and so on.  Nobody stopped them.  A ton of people were on their phones.

Then you scored your own cards.  People were writing in the answers as they announced the correct answers.

Amazingly, half the room got all 17 questions correct and some of the questions were super, super obscure.

We have never been to another trivia game. It was not trivia, it was how fast you could google.

• Like 1