Just cancelled

janecambridge

We are booked on Discovery on that short Amsterdam cruise.   We won't go on it.  Our government is suggesting "oldies", that's us, cannot cruise.  This would mean we would not be insured for travel.  I sincerely believe that the cruise will be cancelled, but we are prepared to lose out deposit.  This would have been our first Saga cruise.  Very disappointed about it all.  I doubt we will ever cruise again.

Discovery has been in Tilbury for 144 days apparently.   Not the Philippines.  

From reading another thread on this board, I understand that Saga have cancelled the 4 night cruise to Amsterdam on Spirit of Adventure (not Discovery), which was due to depart on 16th December.  If this is the cruise you were booked on, Saga will contact you to discuss your options.

On 8/8/2020 at 1:38 PM, LandC said:

From reading another thread on this board, I understand that Saga have cancelled the 4 night cruise to Amsterdam on Spirit of Adventure (not Discovery), which was due to depart on 16th December.  If this is the cruise you were booked on, Saga will contact you to discuss your options.

Discovery and Adventure were due to sail on the same day, 16th December, with slightly different itineraries.   Adventure is cancelled but Discovery is not!   We think SoD will be cancelled but why don't they get on with it???????    

On 8/16/2020 at 9:50 AM, Jay23 said:

Discovery and Adventure were due to sail on the same day, 16th December, with slightly different itineraries.   Adventure is cancelled but Discovery is not!   We think SoD will be cancelled but why don't they get on with it???????    

Saga has rescheduled the cruises on Spirit of Adventure. That ship is due to be in the Canaries on 16th December. Details are on Saga's website.

On 8/18/2020 at 5:34 PM, wowzz said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but according to another SM site, Saga have reduced the time you need to pay the final balance to 60 days. 

I didn't know that. Thanks    J