Deck 3 ocean view cabins on R ships

Dr65

2 hours ago, GeorgesGal said:

Sorry, LHT, I THOUGHT we were speaking about overview cabins generically.  I don't recall reading about any specific ov category.   I was just pointing out that there were better OV's which are quite comfortable.

Hi, GeorgesGal!  

As Lyn explained, I was quoting and responding to Redtravel’s post #14 regarding Deck 6 Obstructed View (Category E) located mid-ships, not the Decks 6 and 7 Category C cabins way up front which indeed are bigger due to the lack of verandas.  Oceania’s deck plans use the marking OV for these obstructed view E cabins. So my comments on these very small cabins added to confusion.

We ended up in Nautica 6033 on our very first cruise ever in 2008 because we only booked just over two months in advance of sailing and got a “guarantee” cabin.  Being a cruising novice then, I had no idea how far in advance people booked their cruises.  Fortuitously when we arrived at the dock to board it was the least obstructed E cabin. I now prefer a veranda but highly prefer to stay between the two elevator banks for fear of “seasickness” issues.

Edited by CintiPam