7-28-20 - WTTC/Carnival COVID-19 Summit

1 hour ago, fizzy said:

Perhaps you might find it more personally palatable if you mentally blurred out the word "Carnival" and inserted Seabourn in it's place because, after all, Seabourn is luxury and part of your Big Four.

While you are 100% correct fizzy, I'll add another comment regarding the word "Carnival" and how it is being misinterpreted by some posters.

In the case of this thread and webinar "Carnival" refers to the corporate Carnival Corporation, the largest cruise line company in the world and owner of close to 10 cruise lines including Carnival Cruise Lines.   "Carnival" is much like NCLH which owns 3 cruise lines one of which is Regent.

At least "Carnival" Corporation is trying to educate the public about Covid 19 with non cruise line experts in the field rather than a sales pitch webinar put on by Regent that ignored protocols according to reports and was simply trying to sell cruises.

And to answer those asking about how to get cruising again, first CDC needs to release it's requirements document that is the subject of the public commenting for 60 days per Federal Law.  In conjunction with this a team from RCG and NCLH are working on what they believe the requirements from CDC will be and have a first draft end of August.  Once the CDC releases its' Requirements document, the RCG/NCLH document will need to be tweaked to be in compliance and then submitted to CDC for review, negotiation and finally approval which may allow some ships to again sail.  Not a short or easy process and why people and some cruise lines are looking toward 2021 for first sailing..   

• Like 3

11 hours ago, diebroke said:

What an insulting & demeaning comment - maybe even ignorant.

I hope it & my response will be deleted.

If you want to have a positive influence on this forum, you go first in posting respectful comments.

This thread is not about Regent or how much you know about Regent. It is informed by the intelligence & interest of the posters & readers in trying to understand what is happening with the COVID crisis. If that doesn't fit you, don't read it.

I hope all you well informed people keep posting. I, for one, am an interested reader even though I am a newbie.

Thanks to all for your constructive comments.

Be careful, you will be put on the “do not read list” like me, although I look at that as an honor and an accomplishment. I prefer the “newbie” perspective. They seem more grounded and more open minded. Since the main topic seems to revolve around COVID-19 and how and when the cruise industry will start up and recover, everyone has the same amount of experience and no one knows where this is all going. For those who think they know what Regent will do, how they will do it, and how much better they will do it, don’t understand because there are too many unknowns at this a time. Regent really hasn’t been forthcoming with their plans, so how does anyone know how they will change things. Those same people can’t stand any non glowing opinions or comments about Regent so they make things up to justify in their minds that Regent will be the best at responding to this challenge. So, the newbies are more believable and they have opinions worth considering vs. the so called Regent expert who is desperate to cruise again at any cost.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, diebroke said:

If you want to have a positive influence on this forum, you go first in posting respectful comments.

This thread is not about Regent or how much you know about Regent. It is informed by the intelligence & interest of the posters & readers in trying to understand what is happening with the COVID crisis. If that doesn't fit you, don't read it.

I hope all you well informed people keep posting. I, for one, am an interested reader even though I am a newbie.

First sentence. All three. Consider the source. With all due respect.🙄

12 hours ago, diebroke said:

First sentence. All three. Consider the source. With all due respect.🙄