Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Flatbush Flyer

O extends "no sail" through October

Recommended Posts

TAs just received this:

 

Dear Valued Travel Advisor,
 
As we – and the world – continue to navigate the global impacts of COVID-19, we are extending our pause in operations to include all embarkation dates from October 1 through October 31, 2020. As Insignia’s October voyages through the month of October were cancelled last month, this extension impacts the remainder of our October departures aboard Regatta, Nautica, Marina, Riviera, and Sirena.
 
 October Voyage Cancellations
 Regatta – October 26
 Nautica – October 8, 18, 30
 Marina – October 6, 16, 25
 Riviera – October 4, 16, 28
 Sirena – October 4, 14, 21, 28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just got the notice this morning from our TA that our 10/28/2020 cruise on Sirena was cancelled.  We were planning to reschedule anyway and have selected a cruise in October 2021 on Nautica to replace.    This booking was originally supposed to take us to Cuba....  Haven't had good luck on this booking!   LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This includes our cruise,  Riviera October 16th.   We canceled several months ago but there were a number of people who are still on the roll call with crossed fingers,  until now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone paid for their canceled October cruises with Future Cruise Credits that are valid till the end of this year?  I assume Oceania will roll it over, but how far into the future will these new FCC be valid?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, deadzone1003 said:

Did anyone paid for their canceled October cruises with Future Cruise Credits that are valid till the end of this year?  I assume Oceania will roll it over, but how far into the future will these new FCC be valid?

Probably a question for your TA or Oceania

 

They will have to start extending the expiry date for those early FCC's 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, deadzone1003 said:

Did anyone paid for their canceled October cruises with Future Cruise Credits that are valid till the end of this year?  I assume Oceania will roll it over, but how far into the future will these new FCC be valid?

I've used two FCCs (one with a 12/31/20 book/cruise by deadline) for a November cruise that I expect will be cancelled. Via my TA and per my own multiple calls to Oceania, it is my understanding that (as currently posted on the O website) the FCC(s) will be re-issued. 

I have been told the new deadlines will be book by 1 year of re-issue date for cruises through at least same date the following year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

I've used two FCCs (one with a 12/31/20 book/cruise by deadline) for a November cruise that I expect will be cancelled. Via my TA and per my own multiple calls to Oceania, it is my understanding that (as currently posted on the O website) the FCC(s) will be re-issued. 

I have been told the new deadlines will be book by 1 year of re-issue date for cruises through at least same date the following year.

Thanks, my cruise is not until 12/3 and the way things are going, I expect it to be canceled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, deadzone1003 said:

Did anyone paid for their canceled October cruises with Future Cruise Credits that are valid till the end of this year?  I assume Oceania will roll it over, but how far into the future will these new FCC be valid?

Actually,  I had a similar situation    I had a Future cruise from 2019 credit applied for a Sept 2020 cruise that was cancelled ,      I booked another cruise for  Sept 2021 and lost the 2019 credit from the  Sept  2020 cruise.....  So  in my case  NO ,  they will would extend beyond about 24 months....         

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

Actually,  I had a similar situation    I had a Future cruise from 2019 credit applied for a Sept 2020 cruise that was cancelled ,      I booked another cruise for  Sept 2021 and lost the 2019 credit from the  Sept  2020 cruise.....  So  in my case  NO ,  they will would extend beyond about 24 months....         

That sounds odd.  Did you cancelled the Sept. 2020 cruise before Oceania cancelled that cruise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

More news sent today by O to TAs:

 

Extension of our Travelers Assurance Program (TAP)
 

You’ve told us that you and your clients greatly appreciate the peace of mind and flexibility that our Travelers Assurance Program (TAP) provides and that it helps you close business. Therefore, we are extending TAP for bookings made through August 31, 2020 on voyages departing through October 31, 2021.

 

Refund Enhancements
I am pleased to inform you that all refund requests will now be processed within 60 days, down from the 90-day window we had previously advised. We greatly appreciate the patience you and your clients have shown as we processed refunds over the past few months. We recognize your frustration and we have added additional resources and streamlined our internal processes to get refunds back to your clients as quickly as possible.

 

Final Payment for 2020 Voyages 
Lastly, to afford your clients greater flexibility in planning and finalizing their Oceania Cruises vacation, we are moving final payment due dates to 60 days prior to departure for all 2020 sailings.

 

Of course, many final payments for longer cruises (through, at least, November) have already been due and paid (including ours). But, the new 60 day FPs will definitely help some folks.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, deadzone1003 said:

That sounds odd.  Did you cancelled the Sept. 2020 cruise before Oceania cancelled that cruise?

yes.....  I had to because of deadlines of cancel the air fare and get a 2 year cert.  Which would have been a $8k hit just for that and got my deposit  credited forward... but no   prior cruise credit attached.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

yes.....  I had to because of deadlines of cancel the air fare and get a 2 year cert.  Which would have been a $8k hit just for that and got my deposit  credited forward... but no   prior cruise credit attached.

I understand that predicament. 

United's current "best refund/rebook" deals end tomorrow 7/31. But, we will hang in there since the "best deal" has been extended each month-at-a-time for the past several months and, with EU flights for US citizens still a "no go," I'm betting United will extend once again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

yes.....  I had to because of deadlines of cancel the air fare and get a 2 year cert.  Which would have been a $8k hit just for that and got my deposit  credited forward... but no   prior cruise credit attached.

Thanks, just what I suspected.  I haven't book my flights, just my room so far.  Waiting for Oceania to cancel my cruise so I won't lose my cruise credit.  Technically, if that canceled cruise was the 1st time you use the FCC that expires at the end of the year,  you can book another cruise in 2020 with those FCC and those FCC can roll over when Oceania cancels that cruise.  That's somewhat of a gamble.   What are the chances Oceania will sail this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2020 at 11:15 AM, deadzone1003 said:

Thanks, just what I suspected.  I haven't book my flights, just my room so far.  Waiting for Oceania to cancel my cruise so I won't lose my cruise credit.  Technically, if that canceled cruise was the 1st time you use the FCC that expires at the end of the year,  you can book another cruise in 2020 with those FCC and those FCC can roll over when Oceania cancels that cruise.  That's somewhat of a gamble.   What are the chances Oceania will sail this year?

About the same as hitting the lottery.  My opinion looking at the big picture is this year is a no go....  gut feeling.

I am booking after August 2021 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...