CCL to remove two more ships from fleet beyond previous disclosure

KirkNC

9 hours ago, iancal said:

HAL is currently accepting bookings and deposits/payments for sailings that they know will not sail.

HAL seems to be pretty specific in its comms to the TA community about GWV contingencies?    Scott. 

source: https://gohal.com/app/uploads/2020/07/Trade-FAQ__7_21_20-Final.docx

image.thumb.png.ba0981a1d580e767c21d7edb05f89cf8.png

• Like 1

In connection with Carnival Corporation & plc’s (the “Company,” “we,” and “our”) actions to maximize liquidity, we previously announced, on July 10, 2020, plans to remove nine ships from our fleet in the next 90 days. The plans for the disposal of these ships are in addition to the sale of four ships, which were announced prior to fiscal 2020. We have made a decision to remove a further two ships from our fleet. These decisions are intended to align the fleet with the expected phased restart of guest cruise operations while also generating cost savings.

The four reported prior to fiscal 2020:
Costa Atlantica - sold to Carnival-China JV
Costa Mediterranea - sold to Carnival-China JV
P&O Aus Pacific Aria - sold to CMV - CMV/TransOcean into administration 20 Jul 2020/ceased trading
P&O Aus Pacific Dawn - sold to CMV - CMV/TransOcean into administration 20 Jul 2020/ceased trading

The nine confirmed as sold:
Costa Victoria - sold for scrap
P&O Oceana sold to Greek buyer for Chinese interests
HAL Maasdam sold to Blue Seas Cruises but actual buyer unconfirmed as of yet
HAL Veendam sold to Blue Seas Cruises but actual buyer unconfirmed as of yet
HAL Rotterdam sold to Fred Olsen
HAL Amsterdam sold to Fred Olsen
Costa neoRomantica - sold to Celestyal Cruises
Carnival Fantasy - sold for scrap, already at the Aliaga, Turkey shipyard
Carnival Inspiration - sold for scrap ETA Izmir, Turkey 03 Aug 

Internal transfers within Carnival Group plc:

Golden Princess - internal transfer to P&O Australia
Star Princess - internal transfer to P&O Australia

Long term layup/defacto decommissioned:

Carnival Imagination - moved to long term layup; no timeline for return to service

Carnival Fascination - moved to long term layup; no timeline for return to service

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Long term layup/defacto decommissioned:

Carnival Imagination - moved to long term layup; no timeline for return to service

Carnival Fascination - moved to long term layup; no timeline for return to service

There were originally 7 Fantasy Class ships, all in service till about mid-March.  None originally had more than a few suites with balconies.  I believe balconies were somehow added to 3 of the ships but neither these two or the two being scrapped.  They are logical candidates for retirement.

Roy

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

There were originally 7 Fantasy Class ships, all in service till about mid-March.  None originally had more than a few suites with balconies.  I believe balconies were somehow added to 3 of the ships but neither these two or the two being scrapped.  They are logical candidates for retirement.

Roy

One more Roy, eight ships 😉

Fantasy - sold for scrap

Ecstasy

Sensation

Fascination - long term layup

Imagination - long term layup

Inspiration - sold for scrap

Elation

Paradise

I thought all eight would be gonners too however, in a recent interview, Carnival Cruise Line President Christine Duffy stated that CCL would keep the remaining four Fantasy-class ships sailing

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 1

Cruisemapper has Imagination headed for Freeport.  I wonder if they plan to remove some equipment before sending her to a longer term layup site.  It's also a bit in conflict with the path of Isaias.  Surely, they're not trying to sell her to the insurance company.

Roy

• Haha 1

On 7/29/2020 at 8:18 PM, KirkNC said:

You give HAL too much credit to see beyond tomorrow.

What a bout some of the  older less than fabulous   Princess ships? Costa?    Cunard?

Obviously not!  CCL came out yet and said it was all rumors.  They are not selling additional ships outside of those mentioned in the original announcement.  There seems to be a lot of schadenfreude on this board as of late.  

8 hours ago, sail7seas said:

What a bout some of the  older less than fabulous   Princess ships? Costa?    Cunard?

Not Cunard.  QM2 at 16 is already an Icon.  QV is about 2008 and QE 2011.  One of the youngest fleets of major cruise lines.

Roy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mary229 said:

Obviously not!  CCL came out yet and said it was all rumors.  They are not selling additional ships outside of those mentioned in the original announcement.  There seems to be a lot of schadenfreude on this board as of late.  

Pretty sure when one files an 8-K with the SEC, it is not rumours.    Scott. 

source: https://www.sec.gov/ix?doc=/Archives/edgar/data/815097/000081509720000066/ccl-20200729.htm

Item 2.06 Material Impairments.
     In connection with Carnival Corporation & plc’s (the “Company,” “we,” and “our”) actions to maximize liquidity, we previously announced, on July 10, 2020, plans to remove nine ships from our fleet in the next 90 days. The plans for the disposal of these ships are in addition to the sale of four ships, which were announced prior to fiscal 2020. We have made a decision to remove a further two ships from our fleet. These decisions are intended to align the fleet with the expected phased restart of guest cruise operations while also generating cost savings.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Cruisemapper has Imagination headed for Freeport.  I wonder if they plan to remove some equipment before sending her to a longer term layup site.  It's also a bit in conflict with the path of Isaias.  Surely, they're not trying to sell her to the insurance company.

Roy

Freeport just might be/become her long term layup location, Roy and can you please not call me Shirley? 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, FredT said:

Roger Roger!

Elaine Dickinson: Ted, the altitude! We’re falling, Ted! We’re falling! The mountains, Ted! The mountains!
Ted Striker: What mountains? We’re over Iowa!
Elaine Dickinson: The…cornfields, Ted! The cornfields!

The 25 funniest quotes from Airplane!

I have been told there are skeleton crews on some ships to keep them operating, performing  proper care that is necessary.  I did not ask but wish I knew where a few that are (fingers crossed) staying in the fleet are. and which captains, HD's  etc are where.  I worry for some and wish to know they are safe and well, as are their families.

Hey Copper, I  worry for you as well.   Some HAL 'people' really matter to some of us.   Some of us go wayyy     bac k  and it matters IMO

I never would want any to think any  of us HAL'ers don't care and are not concerned for their safety and health.   And eagerly await "til  we meet again"

Edited by sail7seas
  • Like 1

Copper, 

where are you?

HOw are you ..  and 'the child bride?'

Please know I wish you all the best of good health, safety and happiness  in these awful times... and always.'

Edited by sail7seas
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mary229 said:

CCL made an announcement they were selling two more ships, no rumors, only facts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Elaine Dickinson: Ted, the altitude! We’re falling, Ted! We’re falling! The mountains, Ted! The mountains!
Ted Striker: What mountains? We’re over Iowa!
Elaine Dickinson: The…cornfields, Ted! The cornfields!

The 25 funniest quotes from Airplane!

Can you IMAGINE anyone trying to make that movie (Or Blazing Saddles) in today's world???   😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It looks like it is a buyers market for cruise ships. I wonder how much money a cruise line gets when they scrap a ship. Maybe I can afford one - it would make a heck of a houseboat!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Mary229 said:

There was a rumor about CCL selling two of their cruise lines (Cunard and Seabourn).  They did come out and say that rumor was not true.  They have not said that they might not add more ships to their sail list.

7 hours ago, sail7seas said:

I did not ask but wish I knew where a few that are (fingers crossed) staying in the fleet are

Sail, Check out "The Daily for....(date)" post each day on the HAL board. There is information each day on where the HAL ships are located.