More ships to leave Carnival Fleet.

mercury7289

58 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I'm not in the Glasshouse, just outside really. 

Michelle will have a Bellini or something, that's got wine in it so we do qualify... 

Andy 

That’s alright then. 😊

• Like 1

On 7/30/2020 at 7:35 PM, majortom10 said:

Whilst I agree that at the moment Carnival might not have any current plans to sell any more P&O ships I think when Iona is introduced even with the selling of Oceana I think they will struggle to fill as many berths after vaccine available. I think many who will not have the short memories that P&O hope they have and will no longer book with P&O therefore losing a lot of loyal customers.

Maybe ,but I think the options for cruising with other companies ,from the UK, will also be reduced. Pando  might start up with round uk cruises. I cannot see American lines being able to come over here for quite some time.

48 minutes ago, the english lady said:

Maybe ,but I think the options for cruising with other companies ,from the UK, will also be reduced. Pando  might start up with round uk cruises. I cannot see American lines being able to come over here for quite some time.

Princess have just announced Regal Princess will be heading for a season in the UK for 2021 based in Southampton with very competitive prices.

11 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Princess have just announced Regal Princess will be heading for a season in the UK for 2021 based in Southampton with very competitive prices.

And the Crown Princess. Booked a 12 day cruise in September next year from an advert yesterday - amazing prices, £50pp deposit (nothing else to pay until balance due), premium drinks, wi-fi and gratuities included and a further 10% discount if you had a cancelled CMV cruise booked through the same Travel Agent - think three letters and lots of newspaper ads. Much cheaper and they would have been paying us to go.

Now we just need a vaccine...................

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

There are a couple of Princess cruises next June that we are interested in (back to back) but they coincide with a cruise on Oceania Sirena which is also a very good price at the moment via a particular offer.Will probably wait until Black Friday when hopefully some cruises will have sailed and we will know more .Princess have had some good offers in previous years. Oceania requires a 20% deposit which is a lot to pay when the cruise is next June and we don't know what restrictions might be in place.

1 hour ago, ann141 said:

Oceania requires a 20% deposit which is a lot to pay when the cruise is next June and we don't know what restrictions might be in place.

The small deposit was certainly one of the attractions of the current Princess offers which end on 10 August (although, as we all know, there is bound to be another offer round the corner!). £50pp is a small amount to lose if the cruise sails but we do not fancy going with any restrictions that might then be in place. Mainly though the actual prices are seriously competitive helped by our extra 10% due to the cancelled CMV cruise booked through the same TA.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PrincessPete said:

And the Crown Princess. Booked a 12 day cruise in September next year from an advert yesterday - amazing prices, £50pp deposit (nothing else to pay until balance due), premium drinks, wi-fi and gratuities included and a further 10% discount if you had a cancelled CMV cruise booked through the same Travel Agent - think three letters and lots of newspaper ads. Much cheaper and they would have been paying us to go.

Now we just need a vaccine...................

Have to say that since reading your post, I've been looking at various September  cruises with Princess,  and can't find anything that I would say was a bargain. Perhaps I'm just being unrealistic in my idea of a bargain, but £3600 for a 12 day cruise for a couple in a balcony cabin, even with drinks included, is expensive in my eyes. 

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Have to say that since reading your post, I've been looking at various September  cruises with Princess,  and can't find anything that I would say was a bargain. Perhaps I'm just being unrealistic in my idea of a bargain, but £3600 for a 12 day cruise for a couple in a balcony cabin, even with drinks included, is expensive in my eyes. 

They are offering a 24 night Canada and New England round trip from Southampton at £3500 for a De-Luxe balcony cabin on Regal Princess next September, which is a bargain.

5 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

They are offering a 24 night Canada and New England round trip from Southampton at £3500 for a De-Luxe balcony cabin on Regal Princess next September, which is a bargain.

Yes, I saw that. Unfortunately not enough Canadian ports from our point of view. We love Boston, but prefer the P&O itinerary.

7 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Yes, I saw that. Unfortunately not enough Canadian ports from our point of view. We love Boston, but prefer the P&O itinerary.

There were only 2 US ports, but then again only 6 Canadian ports, so quite a lot of sea days in the N Atlantic which probably won't be sunbathing weather.

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

It is interesting how we all have different views on what constitutes a bargain – and, indeed, it is all a matter of opinion!

Yes, the £1800 does include all premium drinks, Wi-Fi and gratuities but without them you can get a 12 night balcony cabin Princess cruise for £1400. Certainly for us the additional cost to include the drinks package and other items is a significant benefit.

From our point of view, as I mentioned, we did benefit from an additional 10% discount due to the cancelled CMV cruise booked through the same TA. Plus, we had £350 accrued on the TA’s “loyalty” scheme which brings the cruise price down to significantly under £1500 pp including the three perks.

I do, of course, fully appreciate that not everyone would have the benefit of the 10% and loyalty discounts but still felt that £1400/1800 represents an excellent price for the Princess cruise.

We have always felt Princess had a very slight edge over P&O although, to avoid being shouted at on this forum, appreciate others may disagree and I would add we have had many excellent P&O cruises as well.

Finally, I feel the Princess Captain’s Club benefits at most levels outweigh the P&O equivalent with, at the top level, the mini-bar set up (not included in the drinks package), and fully complimentary laundry being additional benefits worth having.

I think I am right in saying at the top P&O loyalty club level you have to cruise a significant number of nights in a 3 year period to avoid going down a level or two – with the Captain’s Club you retain all the benefits even without cruising with them for any length of time.

Our balcony cabin on the cancelled CMV cruise was £1859pp for 10 days so putting everything referred to above together makes this feel like a bargain to us.

Very happy for others to disagree. Kind regards. Peter

• Like 3

3 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

There were only 2 US ports, but then again only 6 Canadian ports, so quite a lot of sea days in the N Atlantic which probably won't be sunbathing weather.

That was a consideration for us as well. I know it's not an option for many, but if we did a Canadian cruise we would probably fly the Atlantic and pick up a ship in Canada itself.

3 hours ago, PrincessPete said:

It is interesting how we all have different views on what constitutes a bargain – and, indeed, it is all a matter of opinion!

Yes, the £1800 does include all premium drinks, Wi-Fi and gratuities but without them you can get a 12 night balcony cabin Princess cruise for £1400. Certainly for us the additional cost to include the drinks package and other items is a significant benefit.

From our point of view, as I mentioned, we did benefit from an additional 10% discount due to the cancelled CMV cruise booked through the same TA. Plus, we had £350 accrued on the TA’s “loyalty” scheme which brings the cruise price down to significantly under £1500 pp including the three perks.

I do, of course, fully appreciate that not everyone would have the benefit of the 10% and loyalty discounts but still felt that £1400/1800 represents an excellent price for the Princess cruise.

We have always felt Princess had a very slight edge over P&O although, to avoid being shouted at on this forum, appreciate others may disagree and I would add we have had many excellent P&O cruises as well.

Finally, I feel the Princess Captain’s Club benefits at most levels outweigh the P&O equivalent with, at the top level, the mini-bar set up (not included in the drinks package), and fully complimentary laundry being additional benefits worth having.

I think I am right in saying at the top P&O loyalty club level you have to cruise a significant number of nights in a 3 year period to avoid going down a level or two – with the Captain’s Club you retain all the benefits even without cruising with them for any length of time.

Our balcony cabin on the cancelled CMV cruise was £1859pp for 10 days so putting everything referred to above together makes this feel like a bargain to us.

Very happy for others to disagree. Kind regards. Peter

I think I'd agree with everything you say, especially with regards to Princess being a step up in quality from P&O.  The £3600 is a good deal, just not, I'm my eyes, a bargain.

My problem is that we are occasional cruisers. Are main holidays are self catering in a private villa, and for £3600 we can get a 3 week holiday, inclusive of flights,  villa hire,  car hire and meals out.  

Not a fair comparison I know, but being "time rich, cash poor" we try and maximise the amount of time we spend on holiday. 

Edited by wowzz

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, BigAl94 said:

A little convoy of three ships off the Indian coast heading for Eastern Med via Suez Canal, Pacific Aria, Pacific Dawn and Pacific Princess.

Are the first two the ones that were to be sold to CMV, I wonder where they are going now?

30 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Are the first two the ones that were to be sold to CMV, I wonder where they are going now?

Sorry if I've asked this before - is one of those the former Ocean Village 2 ?

PS Not to Weymouth !

Edited by Presto2

16 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Sorry if I've asked this before - is one of those the former Ocean Village 2 ?

PS Not to Weymouth !

I believe Ocean Village 2 is now operating as Karnika for Jalesh Cruises in India - although obviously not at the moment...

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Yes, the first two are the ones that were due to go to CMV. Pacific Princess was originally one of the R ships that sailed for Renaissance Cruises and was only built in 1999. She is now the only small ship in the Princess Cruises fleet.

Edited by Britboys

13 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Is it possible they could be en route to be scrapped? 

Avril

Sadly, anything is possible but I hope not. Aria was built in 1994 as Ryndam for HAL. Dawn was built as Regal Princess and is one of only two built to that design. I guess Pacific Princess is maybe the least likely to be scrapped being the youngest.

7 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Sadly, anything is possible but I hope not. Aria was built in 1994 as Ryndam for HAL. Dawn was built as Regal Princess and is one of only two built to that design. I guess Pacific Princess is maybe the least likely to be scrapped being the youngest.

It would be nice if one was on it's way to replace Oceana, but I know that's just wishful thinking on my part. What about Fred Olsen? or maybe  they're following in the wake of Oceana? I can't think of any more likely scenerios. I'm sure others much more knowledgable can.

Avril

16 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

It would be nice if one was on it's way to replace Oceana, but I know that's just wishful thinking on my part. What about Fred Olsen? or maybe  they're following in the wake of Oceana? I can't think of any more likely scenerios. I'm sure others much more knowledgable can.

Avril

Maybe an extreme outside chance that Fred could take Aria to join the other two ex-HAL ships they have just bought. If Princess want to offload Pacific Princess, there's a chance that Azamara might be interested in her joining their three ex-R Class ships. Can only but hope that maybe someone will want to rescue CMV and maybe operate a three ship fleet with their two 'newer' ships plus Pacific Dawn....

• Like 2

Someone reported elsewhere (last week) that they had asked P&O Oz about the movement of Pacifc Dawn which was to be purchased by CMV and seemed to be heading for Suez and got this reply:-

"..... thanks for your query. Yes, we are aware of some speculation in social media about Pacific Dawn so it is important for you to have the facts. Pacific Dawn is among a number of ships relocating from Asia to Europe for a very practical reason. Relocation simply makes it easier to rotate crew who are required for minimum manning during the pause in cruise operations. Thanks...."

I do not know about Pacific Princess, but we have been thinking for a long time that Princess, (like P&O when they had Adonia), just do not offer interesting itineraries which make the most of those Renaissance ships, so would have not been surprised to see them go.  Now I wonder if Azamara may expand a bit and offer cruises to another region - that is my hope.

Edited by tring
  • Thanks 1