Empress of The Seas

3 minutes ago, wendyp247 said:

Thanks for your thoughts on RCCl economics. My question was what happens with my lift and Shift, will Royal work with me on another cruise? 

Rest assured they will try their best to keep your deposit, so yes, they will work with you.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, twangster said:

This report posted on July 31st says Empress isn't going anywhere.

A Royal Caribbean spokesperson responded simply, "Empress is not headed to the scrap yard, she’s still a part of the Royal Caribbean fleet."

This still doens't mean anything, unless RCL still tries to get some $ to sell the ship there is absolutley no need for it in their fleet anymore. Under the current environment it makes absolutely no sense economically to keep the ship in the fleet for passenger cruises. Maybe they will use Empress and Majesty to transport cruiseship staff from Asia to cruisehips in Europe / North America and simultaniously will use the vessels as quarantine before staff can board the ships on which they will work. Once this task will not be needed anymore, both ships will be scraped and or sold.

1 hour ago, LXA350 said:

This still doens't mean anything, unless RCL still tries to get some $ to sell the ship there is absolutley no need for it in their fleet anymore. Under the current environment it makes absolutely no sense economically to keep the ship in the fleet for passenger cruises. Maybe they will use Empress and Majesty to transport cruiseship staff from Asia to cruisehips in Europe / North America and simultaniously will use the vessels as quarantine before staff can board the ships on which they will work. Once this task will not be needed anymore, both ships will be scraped and or sold.

Another social media rumor is that Empress is sailing to Malta to retrieve some of the valuables recently offloaded from the other ships. Putting her to some temporary use or another.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 12:34 PM, BeachDiva101 said:

That’s why I picked Empress for my Bermuda cruise, it’s a small ship and it can go into St George island harbor, other ships can’t.  

We picked Empress b2b Bermuda and Ne2 England May 2021

1 hour ago, twangster said:

In the case of Sovereign and Monarch valuables weren't offloaded in Malta.  

Both ships went to anchorage in Malta but didn't port there.  Valuables were offloaded in Naples.  

Just saying'...

Could be staging there for some mission. Who knows.

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You should see Enchantment 😉

Well wasn't she supposed to transfer to Pullmantur? That's not gonna happen.

No need to spend money on a ships that's not going to be used..

If you ask me, Empress will be going to Aliağa before this month is over. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Extra Kim said:

Well wasn't she supposed to transfer to Pullmantur? That's not gonna happen.

No need to spend money on a ships that's not going to be used..

If you ask me, Empress will be going to Aliağa before this month is over. 

Grandma was suppised to go to Pullman 

Enchanted is supposed to replace her in Bal'more

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

World wide, looks like cruising will be limited to regional customers and on short 3 day/4 day  regional itineraries for quite a while

Tui (with Mein Schiff 1 & 2) and Genting Dream Explorer have 7 day sailings planned for August - they seem to have already gotten over the short sailing experiment. When MSC Grandiosa starts in two weeks, she plans to sail one week itineraries.

• Thanks 1