A weird thing happened when I recently logged onto my Princess account

Ken the cruiser

Last week I logged onto my Princess account and noticed in my Profile that my information had been replaced with my DW's information, to include email account, phone number and passport information. I thought that was really weird, but I was able to correct it and all has been fine since. But, when my DW signed on to her Princess account, she found all of my information had populated her Profile information. Weird, huh? She then corrected the information, but something then started happening when she subsequently logged on the past few days. Her birthday date would change by one day, same month but just a day earlier. She called Princess today and they found for some reason we both had a second Captains Club number (and associated profile). After making sure all 5 of our cruises were tied to our long standing CC number, she asked the CC representative to delete the second number.

But here's the weird part, she said those mysterious new CC numbers were actually our HAL Mariner Society numbers. Which got us to thinking, could Carnival be experimenting with the idea, once cruising starts back up, of creating a way for passengers who have sailed with both HAL and Princess to use their accumulated loyalty points, much like how RCCL does when you sail on either a Celebrity or Azamara cruise? It definitely would elate us as we would become 5* on HAL and Elite on Princess. 

Has this "swapping of profile information" happened to you and what do you think of the possibility of HAL and Princess merging a passenger's loyalty points as they are pretty much competing for the same demographics?

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, dog said:

My date of birth is wrong and I cannot change it in personalizer. Must be something going on as you say 

I just checked my account and my birth date is off by one day.  I wonder what’s going on.  

I can sign into my account. When I click on "Upcoming

Cruises", then click on the one that has been cancelled (that still

appears), then it tells me that the wrong birthday is on file, even though

it is correct.

I can still "manage" the other cruises that have not been cancelled with no problem.

26 minutes ago, nini said:

I can sign into my account. When I click on "Upcoming

Cruises", then click on the one that has been cancelled (that still

appears), then it tells me that the wrong birthday is on file, even though

it is correct.

I can still "manage" the other cruises that have not been cancelled with no problem.

Did you look in your Profile section under Account? That's where all of your personal information is listed,

Just checked my account on Princess and my DOB is off by one day.  I just booked a cruise on Wednesday and everything was fine.

Is there any possibility that they are going to merge the two cruise line’s as a cost cutting move at the corporate level?

Edited by Syracusefan44
  • Like 1

Just checked my account and my wife's account. Everything was good except that, once again, she had my cell number. I've fixed that in the past but it always gets messed up again when I book another cruise. I also had to check the box to send us promotions via email. Neither of us had that checked and I know it wasn't supposed to be that way. Our birth dates and other information was correct.

• Like 1

I just went in to double check. All my info was good, but since Thrak mentioned his wife's phone was off, I checked DH and it had my cell as his mobile number. So I updated it, but that one day off stuff is weird. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the head's up.  I checked, and could not log in.  It seems that they have changed the password requirements since the last time I logged in, and my password no longer satisfies their requirements (number of characters, special characters, number, etc.).  So I had to reset my password.  But once I got in, no strange birth dates or such, all was good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Did you look in your Profile section under Account? That's where all of your personal information is listed,

Profile info is all fine. This only pops up when I want to "manage"

that particular cruise that was cancelled (supposed to be this September).

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, msmoger said:

My birthdate is also off by one day (day earlier).  I'm not going to lose sleep over it.  My passport birthdate is correct. That's all that matters.

That one definitely matters - a LOT!

Of course I generally get a "Happy Birthday Jill!" email. I don't know any Jill and have tried to get this fixed a few times but they can never figure out why I get the email. I wonder who Jill might be...

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

The one day off is a "work-around", the system can't have two accounts with the exact same details.

Obviously, something is in the works.

So what do you think is actually going on? After reading this thread checked all 4 accounts and all bd’s are the 1 day off scenario. ???  Whats stranger is that it wont allow me to go in and edit the bd either, says to contact Princess for help. 

7 minutes ago, 13cheermom said:

So what do you think is actually going on?

At a minimum they might be merging the lines' loyalty programs.

At most, they might be considering combining the two brands together, fearing that the Princess brand took too hard of a PR hit because of the virus.

It also might just be part of a much bigger work-around to see that all cancelled sailings are properly credited. Either way, it doesn't concern us at the moment.

Edited by CineGraphic