Holland America Line FCC Data not available?

2BYUFans

We were booked on the Zaandam last March and canceled after getting the email that said it was okay to cancel and get FCC. Well, that was 4 months ago and we still don't show any FCC. In fact I didn't know that there was a tab on the HAL website to show it, when I found the tab it showed:

YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FUTURE CRUISE CREDITS OR FUTURE CRUISE DEPOSITS.

Not exactly a reassuring message...  When I asked the Holland America chatline about this it was that they have not come up with a solution to show FCC that we are entitled to and no idea when it will be available. Am I the only person that has this problem?

32 minutes ago, cruise_lover_1234 said:

We were booked on the Zaandam last March and canceled after getting the email that said it was okay to cancel and get FCC. Well, that was 4 months ago and we still don't show any FCC. In fact I didn't know that there was a tab on the HAL website to show it, when I found the tab it showed:

YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FUTURE CRUISE CREDITS OR FUTURE CRUISE DEPOSITS.

Not exactly a reassuring message...  When I asked the Holland America chatline about this it was that they have not come up with a solution to show FCC that we are entitled to and no idea when it will be available. Am I the only person that has this problem?

Had a similar problem - cancelled an April cruise in MArch and did not hear anything for almost 4 months.  Then earlier in July it shows up on the HAL website for 2 days after which it disappears and then reappears as credit on one of the two open cruises I still had booked (of course not the one I wanted it applied to).  Then HAL two days later cancels that cruise and I have not been able so far to get at the FCC.  Its a mess...........

1 hour ago, cruise_lover_1234 said:

YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FUTURE CRUISE CREDITS

I have the exact same thing on my Mariner account.  Mine hasn’t been processed yet from what I have determined.  There are a lot of us waiting.

2 hours ago, cruise_lover_1234 said:

Currently I get the same message when I log in to my account. It does however show my FCD (deposit certificates purchased onboard during a cruise.)

However in June the website did show the Future Cruise Credits.   Thankfully I saved a screen print of the account at that point,.

So just because the FCC do not show does not mean that they are not on your account!  When you where on the chat line asking about the FCC showing on your account, did you specifically ask if the FCC had been issued yet?

InkedCapture_LI.jpg

Same here for a cruise I cancelled in March. Shows no available FCC. Tired of waiting, I called earlier in the week and the person claimed it was being refunded instead (which would be great as I don't know when I will cruise again due to medical issues). I'll believe it when I see it! 

Same for us.  Received our refund to our credit card in June from a March cancellation.  j Saw the same message on my account regarding the FCC.  Trying to be patient but I am  concerned.  

Even though I would love to book something , there are just too many unanswered questions.                          

Ours was showing nothing for the FCC, until we actually used it.  Then it appeared, along with the deduction and the amount left.

The confusing part was the amount of FCC did not show the extra 25% (the FCC came from a fully paid cruise which was canceled, so we got 125%).  I thought maybe something was wrong, but soon figured the amount deducted was also missing the 25%.  Confusing, but the math works out correctly in that they took off the 25% bonus and 25% of the deduction before displaying.

Its awfully nice to see that other people are having the same experience, thanks for your stories. This situation and the cruise industries reaction to it seems very indicative of the arbitrary nature (in my opinion). They make the rules (which we agree to) and are not answerable to any of our countries so we are, within reason, kind of powerless. This situation is unprecedented in this era but I still think they can update our data a bit more aggressively.  

Cancelled our April 1st Veendam cruise in March after the first email came from HAL about cancellations. Agent said I had FCC and taxes/fees would be refunded to cc. The latter was finally credited in early June, but still no FCC on my account. I originally wanted it put towards a Feb. Veendam cruise, but of course they sold the ship. Now booked on the Nieuw Statendam for an April cruise and want it put towards that one. I've called, chatted, emailed, and asked our PCC to do something and to no avail. Our three cancellations on Carnival were so easily handled with simple phone calls and no waiting. Our patience with HAL is wearing thin at this point!