Carribbean or Mediteranian ?

garymfreedman

With the likelyhood of October Cruising being cancelled, I will have the option to sail Scarlett Lady or Valiant Lady.  I have never cruised before-Should I stick with the Carribbean, or go all out for the cruise out of Barcelona, which would be a 14 hour flight for me from California.....Thanks for feedback

Since they now show dates into 2022, I would push it forward as far as possible. And I agree, the long, expensive flight to Europe and the jet lag requiring extra hotel days prior to the cruise to reorient your body clock makes the Caribbean a much easier choice for a first time cruiser.

53 minutes ago, twodjs said:

Since they now show dates into 2022, I would push it forward as far as possible. And I agree, the long, expensive flight to Europe and the jet lag requiring extra hotel days prior to the cruise to reorient your body clock makes the Caribbean a much easier choice for a first time cruiser.

Thanks-I really don't want to push into 2022-I have already been waiting almost 1,000 days since I paid my deposit--I am not worried about covid on the ship.

From your past posts, it appears that you have been very excited about the Virgin onboard experience.  If the ship is the big attraction then I'd think a Caribbean cruise would be easiest and cheapest.  If on the other hand you are most interested in visiting the ports, then I'd think Europe would be better.  jmho

1 hour ago, mnocket said:

From your past posts, it appears that you have been very excited about the Virgin onboard experience.  If the ship is the big attraction then I'd think a Caribbean cruise would be easiest and cheapest.  If on the other hand you are most interested in visiting the ports, then I'd think Europe would be better.  jmho

I am more excited to see the shipboard experience, especially since I have a Rockstar Suite-Thanks to FCC from my 1st cancelled voyage. You are very perceptive @mnocket