Alaska Cruises are Back!

BlerkOne

8 hours ago, Tinknock50 said:

Sounds great, but probably too expensive for me.

I agree I was looking at their stuff earlier in the week (they are sailing Mexico also). I mean.. if I want that experience I would be willing to pay it.. but a 7 day Alaska was at the lowest $4000 a person. Sure it is all inclusive basically.. but still, I can cruise a lot or spend 20+ days in Europe including flights for that kind of $$. 

I mean my dream is to get on one of the Antarctic/Arctic explorers someday... which would be the day after I hit the lottery I am sure or decided not to vacation for a few years that doesn't have a virus involved. 

On 8/2/2020 at 2:13 AM, Jasalth said:

I agree I was looking at their stuff earlier in the week (they are sailing Mexico also). I mean.. if I want that experience I would be willing to pay it.. but a 7 day Alaska was at the lowest $4000 a person. Sure it is all inclusive basically.. but still, I can cruise a lot or spend 20+ days in Europe including flights for that kind of $$. 

I mean my dream is to get on one of the Antarctic/Arctic explorers someday... which would be the day after I hit the lottery I am sure or decided not to vacation for a few years that doesn't have a virus involved. 

Actually I did see one Alaska just under 3000 pp. Still a little too much especially when you have to fly to and from Juneau/ Sitka which would be a lot of expensive flying.

9 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

That's a shame - another indictment of the slowness of obtaining test results in the US. 

No. I think the cruise line jumped the gun. A simple rule of no one gets on the ship without a test result dated within 48 hrs of departure date. 

They allowed someone to embark the ship who flew in and was tested on embarkation date. Of course test results weren't ready in a couple of hours.

Those UnCruises are too small and cramped for my liking. Give me a big ship anyday.