FCC not received July 31, 2020

I had a cruise that was paid in full and cancelled due to the epidemic. Royal's website states that if I want a Future Cruise Credit, there is nothing I need to do and a FCC will be emailed on July 31st. I didn't receive it by email (checked spam, of course).Wondering if anyone else didn't get theirs and if this is just a slight delay? I called my online TA and there is a 5 day wait for a return call after leaving a message. I have a cruise date and specific cabin I am looking at, but want to use the FCC on it. Regretting not doing lift and shift, but I didn't have a specific cruise in mind when it was available. Hope everyone has a great day!

My letter of cancellation said I'd get my FCC April 30th.  I received my email May 1. Maybe yours will come today 🙂 That being said, my TA was able to see my FCC on his computer a couple of days in advance of me receiving my email from Royal.  Thankfully my TA responds in 5 minutes not 5 days.  

Were you planning on using the same TA?  If so I'd just wait until they respond. If not maybe a different TA might be able to access see it in advance of you receiving your email.  If you are booking direct I would think Royals agents would be able to access the info from your original booking number.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, robtx100 said:

I had a cruise that was paid in full and cancelled due to the epidemic. Royal's website states that if I want a Future Cruise Credit, there is nothing I need to do and a FCC will be emailed on July 31st. I didn't receive it by email (checked spam, of course).Wondering if anyone else didn't get theirs and if this is just a slight delay? I called my online TA and there is a 5 day wait for a return call after leaving a message. I have a cruise date and specific cabin I am looking at, but want to use the FCC on it. Regretting not doing lift and shift, but I didn't have a specific cruise in mind when it was available. Hope everyone has a great day!

It may pay to give Royal a call.  I was waiting for an FCC under CWC for a cruise I canceled.  After many different calls and having even resolutions move it to another department, I was told it was fixed and my FCC would arrive within 10 days.

10 days, no show.  I waited 30 and called again. Low and behold, my FCC had been issued at the 10 day mark but I never received an email. I went back and checked every post in my spam for 3 weeks. Then checked my trash in case I mistakenly deleted it. No joy.

But, the wonderful rep, although she couldn't resend the email, was able to give me the certificate numbers of the credits.

I could have been waiting forever for an email to show up.  So call. Sometimes they don't send the email.  Now waiting for the Cruise Planner refunds. Sitting at almost 90 days. 

Edited by cured
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

My letter of cancellation said I'd get my FCC April 30th.  I received my email May 1. Maybe yours will come today 🙂 That being said, my TA was able to see my FCC on his computer a couple of days in advance of me receiving my email from Royal.  Thankfully my TA responds in 5 minutes not 5 days.  

Were you planning on using the same TA?  If so I'd just wait until they respond. If not maybe a different TA might be able to access see it in advance of you receiving your email.  If you are booking direct I would think Royals agents would be able to access the info from your original booking number.

Follow this excellent advice..all facts are on point.

FYI...having that wait time to talk with your TA ... not good business.

A quick recommendation:  Do not apply the FCC until just about final payment date.   The FCC, when applied, lowers the price of the cruise,   When this happens, most RCI agents, when checking for a price drop, will not go back to find out the true cost of the sailing but use the after FCC applied price which will be lower than the new price.   If you wait to apply it they will see the true cost until it is actually applied, just before the final payment date and you will have no problem getting a price adjustment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for your response and advice. I went back and called the online TA number again and now realize their message states one to five business days for a response. I've used them for years and really only use them for the perks they offer on top of what Royal offers. I'm a no frills, no fuss client. I know the date, cabin, price, and perks before I book on their website. I've only had to reach out one time to them by phone to have a second cabin reservation linked to my reservation. I will just relax and wait for them to get back to me. 

4 hours ago, stevea36 said:

A quick recommendation:  Do not apply the FCC until just about final payment date.   The FCC, when applied, lowers the price of the cruise,   When this happens, most RCI agents, when checking for a price drop, will not go back to find out the true cost of the sailing but use the after FCC applied price which will be lower than the new price.   If you wait to apply it they will see the true cost until it is actually applied, just before the final payment date and you will have no problem getting a price adjustment.

I actually found no problem repricing a booking that already had my FCC applied. They repriced it...reapplied the FCC and adjusted the extra amount going toward the left over amount which will be issued as a new FCC.

But it's certainly a choice as to how and when the FCC is applied. It's nice to see that cruise balance due -0-.

9 hours ago, robtx100 said:

I will just relax and wait for them to get back to me. 

When you call them the next time (because they won't get back to you), tell them you changed your mind and want a refund. Actually, skip them and go straight to RCI.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wanted to post an update. Someone from the online TA called me back today. I explained I had not received an email from Royal regarding the FCC. I confirmed that I have checked Spam and Trash email, as well as Inbox and no email received. She told me she would call Royal and email me the information. She emailed what appears to be 2 FCC numbers, one for me and one for SO. We will be sailing together again obviously. So now I'm confused as to how the FCC actually works. Is it per person or per booking? His is showing $400 and change and mine is showing $1,300 and change. So if I find a cruise for $850pp and apply the FCCs, will it only apply $400 toward his $850 and the full $850 toward mine and reissue another FCC for the $450 balance on mine? That is how it reads but doesn't seem fair. 

It would appear that you booked during a 2nd person 50% off promo.

If you look at your original booking confirmation it will tell you what the fare was for each person. When the FCC are issued they return the FCC Fare credit exactly as it was booked.  
You and your SO may have split the total cost of  the cruise but realistically they have no way of knowing who paid what.  Same thing happens when for example  grandparents book & sail with the grandkids.  Grandpa & Grandma paid the whole cost but there are FCCs issued for all on the booking for the amounts charged for each person.  

1 hour ago, robtx100 said:

Wanted to post an update. Someone from the online TA called me back today. I explained I had not received an email from Royal regarding the FCC. I confirmed that I have checked Spam and Trash email, as well as Inbox and no email received. She told me she would call Royal and email me the information. She emailed what appears to be 2 FCC numbers, one for me and one for SO. We will be sailing together again obviously. So now I'm confused as to how the FCC actually works. Is it per person or per booking? His is showing $400 and change and mine is showing $1,300 and change. So if I find a cruise for $850pp and apply the FCCs, will it only apply $400 toward his $850 and the full $850 toward mine and reissue another FCC for the $450 balance on mine? That is how it reads but doesn't seem fair. 

Because the cruise line cancelled when you go to apply the FCC you will be able to move  the money around between both guests in order to use it all up. The FCC can now cover the deposit but you must call in order to do this. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach