Are Lug Bags a thumbs up or down?

Hello from the land of "hoping to take a cruise next year"....

I am looking at a bag that I can use both on embarkation day and on excursion days to haul swimsuits, towels, snacks and waters.

I am looking at several sites and seeing varying prices, but this model converts from a crossbody to a backpack or tote, and it has an insulated pocket to store some soda or waters/snacks.

Is this bag something that you would consider?

https://www.luglife.com/products/ace-2?variant=31666887229513

• Like 1

Good morning, not something I would use but it sure does get some great reviews😀 20 reviews that average 

5 stars? Looks like the gals who use it definitely love it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Do you have Kipling bags in the US? 

They come in all shapes and sizes and colours and are very lightweight. 

Yes, I have a Kipling crossbody handbag but I think this one has more options-like the insulated pocvket to store water bottles & the ability to transform from a backpack to a crossbody or tote.

Egad, I have talked myself into stalking Ebay for this bag. 🙂

Edited by Florida Glamazon
add more
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, nurseer said:

I like it.  I would use for work as well as a cruise.  

Thanks- I think so too. I saw a used one on Mercari but with Covid19 I am more inclined to bite the bullet and buy a new one. Maybe they have a special coming up on Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

7 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

I don't have this particular Lug bag, but I have several Lug bags.  Love them. 

This one looks good to me.

Thanks- I have seen several people on the Luglife website who are collectors of Lug bags, so there must be some good quality features in these bags.

PS_ I loooove your dog, what a cutie!!

• Thanks 1

On 8/3/2020 at 6:53 PM, Florida Glamazon said:

Yes, I have a Kipling crossbody handbag but I think this one has more options-like the insulated pocvket to store water bottles & the ability to transform from a backpack to a crossbody or tote.

Egad, I have talked myself into stalking Ebay for this bag. 🙂

You may also want to try Poshmark.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the Mini Puddle Jumper that came out before this one - it doesn't convert to a backpack, but I love it for travel.  That's my go-to purse whenever we travel, as it holds all my electronics, my documents, a paschmina, snacks, and so much more.  All that, and I can stick it under the seat in front of me on an airplane.  I bought my first one about 10 years ago, then decided it was time for another one just for a change.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I love Lug bags and have several.  I bought one that converts to a backpack but all you have to do is pull on the handles.  I've traveled to the European Christmas markets with mine and they are great.  I've used Kipling in the past and loved them, but Lug is a little more substantial in structure and I like them better for day-to-day use (I dislike a bag that collapses when I set it down because the hardware is too heavy for the structure of the bag to hold up.)

• Like 4

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I like my Lug bags for travel because of the light weight and cute colours, but I tend to find that the more the pockets, the harder it is to find anything. Instead of helping me organize, I always forget what is in which pocket. I never use any one bag long enough to remember. LOL  

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

I am a "Lugnut".  After many years of heavy leather purses/totes (Dooney and Bourke, Coach, etc for example) and briefcases I just got tired of the maintenance and care of leather.  I tried one Lug crossbody purse on a cross country trip with my two young granddaughters.  I continued to buy Lug purses, totes, overnight bags and a suitcase.  My grandchildren call my Puddlejumper my "Mary Poppins bag" for all of the things it holds.  My cruise to Central America next month will be the fourth cruise with Lug totes.

Edited by jean95404

31 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, Melody if you check out www.qvc.com you can find a big selection of Lug products there as well.

Never even looked at qvc. I looked at the lug website & wasn’t impressed. Not like I need any more bags!!