Mitsugirly just returned from 2 week stay in St Thomas

mitsugirly

On 10/1/2020 at 9:18 AM, CruisinMama2003 said:

Wow what a journey your passport renewals have been on!

Even your "passport review" is hilarious and detailed. Love your reviews, even if its just reading about your passports 😁

Safe travels in the future to you and your family ⛱️

I know right. It's been a nightmare!~

Thanks so much. Safe Travels to you as well. 

On 10/1/2020 at 12:48 PM, Arzeena said:

Kim,

I am going to second Cruisingmama's sentiments above!

Hope you get them well in time before your new "passport needed" vacation.

The mail has been doing crazy things all over.

We have put DR on the shelf too after reading the reports. I say that you picked just the right time to go to St Thomas!

Yea, I hope I get them at least by December. 

21 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

It's looking like I might have to vacation without the hubby next time at this rate. 😆 It's still not in the system for him.

LOL! 😄Have passport will travel! Just holler!😁 HA HA HA!

I have to say I'm getting really agitated with this passport issue. It's been 13 days since my passport was entered into the system and it's still saying my husbands is not there. Is it even possible for them to have it and not have it entered yet? I don't know what to do at this point. I have managed to lose my USPS receipt with both of our tracking numbers on there. Ugh...makes my stomach turn at this point. Like I don't suppose I can call anyone at the passport agency....can I?

--```````

Edited by mitsugirly

Oh no what a nightmare! I'm thinking that since USPS cannot help you without a tracking number, your best bet might be to call the passport office to see if they can help. It's crazy that your passport made it there but hubby's didn't!? I would be beyond frustrated!

Good Luck girl!

1 hour ago, mitsugirly said:

I have to say I'm getting really agitated with this passport issue. It's been 13 days since my passport was entered into the system and it's still saying my husbands is not there. Is it even possible for them to have it and not have it entered yet? I don't know what to do at this point. I have managed to lose my USPS receipt with both of our tracking numbers on there. Ugh...makes my stomach turn at this point. Like I don't suppose I can call anyone at the passport agency....can I?

--```````

Any chance you checked online with USPS at some point? If so the browser may remember the tracking number.

• Like 1

Just an update on the passport issue...silly me! My husband is a "Jr" and I guess you need to put that in on the "passport checking site" when it ask for your last name. I wasn't doing that. He called this morning and he's in there! Whew!

Just an FYI for anyone that may need a passport...they say around 10 weeks delivery time BUT they are doing expedited services again if you need it quickly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruisinMama2003 said:

OMG lol I am glad y'all (well, him really 😁) figured this out! 

Any plans for another land vacay any time soon? I am SOOOO missing your reviews/reports! 😁

I'm sitting here right now looking at places in Cozumel. 🤣

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

I'm sitting here right now looking at places in Cozumel. 🤣

I love Cozumel! So many different things to do, places to go. We did a day trip to Allegro resort (not far from either port) last year and that place is beautiful! Check it out if you haven't already. 

As always, I wish you and your family safe travels wherever ya'll decide to go ⛱️

Coz is a great destination for a land vacation, we take friends visiting us from the US there on day trips. Also Isla Mujeres, most friends say they fall in love with IM and want to return for a longer visit. I’ve only read about the snorkeling there, you’d need to check in the TA forum and other sources for more expert feedback. It is getting busier there now, but you get around on golf carts and it is still a unique place. The water is so crystal clear in both areas, as well as where we are in the Riviera Maya...

I assume you’ve been to Belize on cruises? That is another snorkelers paradise with the reef and of course the nurse sharks and rays (Shark Ray Alley, Caye Caulker). We planned to head down to Caye Caulker from our home to the north but the pandemic put that on hold. We spent one day on Goff’s Caye and it is one of our favorite excursions on a cruise. The small beach is gorgeous, and the reef system there is considered one of the healthiest and a favorite of foraging turtles...

But if you have not yet been to Isla Mujeres do look at that one day to see if that interests you!

Edited by blue_water

9 hours ago, blue_water said:

Coz is a great destination for a land vacation, we take friends visiting us from the US there on day trips. Also Isla Mujeres, most friends say they fall in love with IM and want to return for a longer visit. I’ve only read about the snorkeling there, you’d need to check in the TA forum and other sources for more expert feedback. It is getting busier there now, but you get around on golf carts and it is still a unique place. The water is so crystal clear in both areas, as well as where we are in the Riviera Maya...

I assume you’ve been to Belize on cruises? That is another snorkelers paradise with the reef and of course the nurse sharks and rays (Shark Ray Alley, Caye Caulker). We planned to head down to Caye Caulker from our home to the north but the pandemic put that on hold. We spent one day on Goff’s Caye and it is one of our favorite excursions on a cruise. The small beach is gorgeous, and the reef system there is considered one of the healthiest and a favorite of foraging turtles...

But if you have not yet been to Isla Mujeres do look at that one day to see if that interests you!

This sounds tempting. What is the situation there with covid and travel requirements? We thought about the DR but that does not look good.

On 10/23/2020 at 8:23 AM, CruisinMama2003 said:

I love Cozumel! So many different things to do, places to go. We did a day trip to Allegro resort (not far from either port) last year and that place is beautiful! Check it out if you haven't already. 

As always, I wish you and your family safe travels wherever ya'll decide to go ⛱️

I have always loved Cozumel as well. I have not been to Allegro resort so I'll have to try it out if we go. 

Safe travels to you as well. 🙂

On 10/23/2020 at 10:11 AM, blue_water said:

The last time we visited Cozumel on a cruise, we took the jeep tour to the "wild side" and I fell in love even more than ever. I knew right then and there I wanted to go there for a land vacation.

I'll have to look up Isla Mujeres. I've never heard of it. Getting around on golf carts would be fun (reminds me of the time we did that in Grand Turk). 

Oh yes, been to Belize many times and have been to Shark Ray Alley/Caye Caulker, Goff's Caye and Rendezvous and they are amazing places to snorkel! (As well as cave tubing several times). I love Belize for a snorkeling destination. Not sure I'd want to vacation there or not. 

I appreciate you letting me know about Mujeres. 🙂 

17 hours ago, Arzeena said:

This sounds tempting. What is the situation there with covid and travel requirements? We thought about the DR but that does not look good.

At the moment, no real requirements (as far as getting in to Cozumel). There's no testing at this moment. Of course things could change. 

• Like 1

@Blue water I just had to come back and post again about Isla Mujeres. I looked online around this beautiful little island and found this little place that I had previously seen online several years ago that I thought would be interesting to stay in (shaped like a seashell with mermaids and everything 😄 ). I never knew where it was located....well, it's HERE! I would go stay there just to surprise Sakari (my daughter) with the place. I'm really going to check into possibly staying here a few days. 

Do you fly into Cancun and take a boat over? Is there a ferry?

Aah, the Seashell House! Nice location, our favorite area to be is on the wilder east coast...

Yes fly into CUN, transfer to Puerto Juarez and ferry over. There is also a ferry departing from terminals in the Hotel Zone (El Embarcadero, Playa Tortugas, and Playa Caracol) but there are only a few departure times. The Puerto Juarez ferry departs every hour on the hour. You can hire a private transfer from CUN like Canada Transfers ($90 total round trip CUN - Puerto Juarez), or check to see if the ADO bus goes there.

Edited by blue_water
Typo
  • Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 8:04 PM, Arzeena said:

Yes there are no travel restrictions with arriving at CUN other than completing a healthcare form (online prior to arrival) and temp scan at the airport. 

Q Roo is currently in a Yellow condition:

According to the guidelines, Yellow means the maximum capacity at hotels, restaurants, theme parks and cinemas is 60%, and beaches and parks can open with 60% capacity. Gyms can also open. Archaeological sites can open under Yellow.

Not allowed to open until Green: bars, nightclubs.

• Like 2

On 10/25/2020 at 7:42 AM, blue_water said:

Aah, the Seashell House! Nice location, our favorite area to be is on the wilder east coast...

Yes fly into CUN, transfer to Puerto Juarez and ferry over. There is also a ferry departing from terminals in the Hotel Zone (El Embarcadero, Playa Tortugas, and Playa Caracol) but there are only a few departure times. The Puerto Juarez ferry departs every hour on the hour. You can hire a private transfer from CUN like Canada Transfers ($90 total round trip CUN - Puerto Juarez), or check to see if the ADO bus goes there.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it, as always, 

Blue!

On 10/25/2020 at 1:57 PM, Arzeena said:

Thank you. So much great info from everyone.

Kim (or anybody here) keep us posted should you decide to go to Cancun or Cozumel.

I will definitely keep you posted. All I'm waiting on is my passport(s) to arrive and I'm definitely going somewhere. LOL

• Like 1

On 10/25/2020 at 1:57 PM, Arzeena said:

Thank you. So much great info from everyone.

Kim (or anybody here) keep us posted should you decide to go to Cancun or Cozumel.

We don’t plan to return to the Riviera Maya until early Jan and we are talking to neighbors and friends there on a regular basis and following the COVID-19 status. It’s been several weeks since tourism really picked up and we’ve been waiting to see if that increase in visitors creates a spike in cases with residents and workers. So far the numbers have remained steady, but now we may be seeing a jump which may send us back th the dreaded Orange status, just as we are in here in our upstate NY community (due to a church ignoring the safety protocols, amazing). But you can still travel to the area, occupancy rates will be lower and some services will be closed as will the public beaches. Hopefully that is not the case but I will post the latest update when it is released next week...

• Like 1

Q Roo will remain Yellow through next week.
https://reactivemosq.roo.gob.mx/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Semáforo-sur-del-2-al-8-de-noviembre.pdf

Arzeena, since this is the STT/STJ forum I won’t add any more posts here on Mexico. But you can of course find a ton of info on the beautiful areas of the RM, IM, and Coz on those Trip Advisor and other local area forums.

Enjoy your research!

4 hours ago, blue_water said:

Q Roo will remain Yellow through next week.
https://reactivemosq.roo.gob.mx/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Semáforo-sur-del-2-al-8-de-noviembre.pdf

Arzeena, since this is the STT/STJ forum I won’t add any more posts here on Mexico. But you can of course find a ton of info on the beautiful areas of the RM, IM, and Coz on those Trip Advisor and other local area forums.

Enjoy your research!

Thanks.
I did not even realize how we traveled from StT to Mexico all without getting on a flight! 😃But thank you so much for all the great info.