cruise on rci

Typically, when a cruise is cancelled Royal will offer you comparable's that are price protected.  The challenge with Empress will be if you are on one of her 8 day eastern itineraries.  There really isn't a replacement for those.  If you are on a 6 or 7 day western it'll be easier to replace since there are lots of similar itineraries on various classes of ships.

20 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Typically, when a cruise is cancelled Royal will offer you comparable's that are price protected.  The challenge with Empress will be if you are on one of her 8 day eastern itineraries.  There really isn't a replacement for those.  If you are on a 6 or 7 day western it'll be easier to replace since there are lots of similar itineraries on various classes of ships.

How about a 15-NIGHTER from Canada to San Juan?

1 hour ago, DHADEN said:

How about a 15-NIGHTER from Canada to San Juan?

My guess is you are out of luck... If Empress doesn't return for the Caribbean season it's not likely going suddenly come back into service for the Canadian Adventure cruises and will have no need to reposition to San Juan.  There's another thread dedicated to Empress' demise.  I'd follow that one for updates.  I'm scheduled on her for an 8. nighter in Feb.  My hope for that cruise is on life support at this point.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting.....but some on line agencies are still offering cruises on her in 2021. Again, the article said "possibility" so maybe it's something they are considering, but not in the immediate future.

2 minutes ago, marco said:

Interesting.....but some on line agencies are still offering cruises on her in 2021. Again, the article said "possibility" so maybe it's something they are considering, but not in the immediate future.

don't read anything into that.  They are still offering cruises for sale on Monarch and Sovereign who have already been beached and are being broken apart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, marco said:

Then I hope RCI advises our TA real soon about us either transferring our booking  to a different ship/sailing or offers a refund of deposit for our June cruise.

Nothing has been announced which leaves you with three groups of people on the internet with an opinion:

• Those that think one way.
  • Those that think the other way
  • Those that are undecided.

Eventually one of them will be proven correct even if they get lucky with their guess. 

• Like 1

They are awful and just leave their passengers in the blind trying to figure this all out. They are not giving proper advice, or information. 
I got screwed and can’t get my deposits back now. Been fighting since June. Tsk he’s to others in the same position as me. Will never sail RCCL again. 

18 minutes ago, fundirector said:

They are awful and just leave their passengers in the blind trying to figure this all out. They are not giving proper advice, or information. 
I got screwed and can’t get my deposits back now. Been fighting since June. Tsk he’s to others in the same position as me. Will never sail RCCL again. 

??  Dont understand what is wrong?  There are policies in place that offer refunds if rcl cancels your cruise or a fcc if you cancel or a lift and shift or move your deposit to another cruise.  What are you fighting about?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Biker19 said:

That poster didn't make final payment when due and is surprised their booking was cancelled when they didn't do anything.

OH and how is that RCL's fault?    they had plenty of options.   oh well, they didn't follow instructions their lose.

On 8/29/2020 at 4:07 AM, fundirector said:

They will take all the time they can keeping you waiting. They are not really intrested in refunding you sooner. As long as we stay quite they wont do a thing and they will take all the time in the world to settle all their issues first and only then move to solve the issues of their passengers 

• 3 months later...

So was just informed by Royal Carribean that any cruises with Empress of seas are cancelled.  They are giving credit for future cruises with other rcl ships.  We chose instead to get our deposit back.  Sad because this was our dream trip.