Final payment date now is 60 days for remaining 2020 cruises

DaveFr

1 hour ago, anniesh said:

Regent has extended payment time for our Dec  20 cruise but our UK agent is demanding payment now.

If you look at your booking on the "My Account" section of the Regent website you will be able to see the date that Regent require final payment.

If your TA is suggesting that you make final payment significantly earlier then it is probably time to have a robust discussion with your TA ................. and to think about who you book through in the future.

Are your credit card payments made to your TA or to RSSC?

1 hour ago, redmaid said:

we are also in the UK and it was our TA that forwarded the notification to us.

Likewise, we are in the UK and our TA advised us recently of the change in final payment date for a Regent cruise in March 2021. 

Many months ago our US agent automatically took out our final payment one month before it was due to Oceania.  In the meantime it had switched to a 60 day FP.  We ended up cancelling the cruise and taking the FCC because they already had our money.  It's a long story.  You really have to watch many TA's because they don't get paid until the cruise company gets its final payment, so they want it as fast as they can get it.

On 8/28/2020 at 4:23 AM, redmaid said:

Letter from Regent forwarded by our TA re our booking for Rio to Barcelona next March

Norma,

What cruises do you and Mitch have planned in the future?  This is Kandy again at kandydipprey@yahoo.com

1 hour ago, Ladys Mom said:

Many months ago our US agent automatically took out our final payment one month before it was due to Oceania.  In the meantime it had switched to a 60 day FP.  We ended up cancelling the cruise and taking the FCC because they already had our money.  It's a long story.  You really have to watch many TA's because they don't get paid until the cruise company gets its final payment, so they want it as fast as they can get it.

Wow, I would fire that TA pronto!  My TA has always asked before doing that.  Especially now, no excuse, really.

10 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Wow, I would fire that TA pronto!  My TA has always asked before doing that.  Especially now, no excuse, really.

We did fire that TA right after she pulled that stunt.  We have a new TA who is terrific.

I am a bit confused about information on the extension of final payment dates. We are booked on a South American Voyager cruise in February 2021 so final payment will be in October. I understood from some posts here that all final payment dates had been changed to 60 days prior to departure  up to the end of March 2021.

I phoned Regent UK today to check this out and was told that only cruises departing up to the end of December 2020 had this change to their final payment dates.  Can anyone lend some clarification to this?

Edited by Robyn2
mistake

20 minutes ago, Robyn2 said:

I phoned Regent UK today to check this out and was told that only cruises departing up to the end of December 2020 had this change to their final payment dates.  Can anyone lend some clarification to this?

I think whoever you spoke to may not be up to date. Initially it was cruises up to the end of December 2020; then recently (Aug 26) it was extended to cruises up to the end of March 2021

We have a cruise due to depart in March 2021 and the final payment date has been deferred to January 2021.

On 9/2/2020 at 7:59 PM, flossie009 said:

If you look at your booking on the "My Account" section of the Regent website you will be able to see the date that Regent requires final payment.

See also post #18 on the following thread:

Edited by flossie009

Thank you so much flossie 009. Our cruise is actually in March, not February as I stated.

I just logged into "my account" and as you said, the final payment date has been changed. Great news!

The girl I spoke with today at Regent UK seemed to be French, perfect English but not perfect information!!

Thank you for the clarification, no big decisions now, am very happy to hear this.

• Like 1

Today I had an email demanding final payment from my TA (UK) when Regent’s final payment date is now end October. 

This is a legacy booking as I have changed agent for future bookings following previous incompetency from them.

Whether they are just trying it on or haven’t read their incoming mail is of no consequence to me.

What this crisis has done is to expose lazy TAs and highlight the good ones.

1 hour ago, swansong said:

Hi Flossie,

My payments are made by credit card to the TA, in the past about 7 days prior to the Regent final payment date.

Wow!  I am surprised your TA is eating the credit card charges versus Regent (assuming she just wires the funds to Regent).

Marc

1 hour ago, swansong said:

Hi Flossie,

My payments are made by credit card to the TA, in the past about 7 days prior to the Regent final payment date.

So it is not in the TA’s financial (cash-flow) interest to push back the final payment date, even though the cruise line has.

From other reports, this type of arrangement also appears to slow down cruise line refunds getting back to the customer; with the TA simply blaming the cruise line for tardiness.

We are glad that we use a UK TA who provides good service and an acceptable discount, but with all our credit card payments being processed by RSSC(UK).

Our TA...a large online Cruise agent...e mailed and rang to request our final payment quoting Regent as pressing for the balance!!!.

Strangely the same agent was very elusive when we requested a refund for a cancelled cruise.We eventually received this through Chargeback.

We can only assume ours was the only agent Regent did not inform when they issued the final payment extension on Aug 3.

• 2 weeks later...

Our online Cruise TA  has threatened by email to cancel our Dec  cruise tomorrow  with loss of deposit unless final payment is made , although we have been speaking to a  call operator, who supposedly is looking into the matter.

How are others in the UK  managing?

I hope you are having better outcomes..We are over 70 and Health and Safety matters.

We should have cruised mid July but having monitored the situation we cancelled and I contacted Regent via email to ask if the deposit could be used towards a future cruise credit. It was, and if you’re happy with that I would forget your online TA strikes me they’re not worth the paper they’re written on. 

We had paid a 10% deposit. 

Good luck. 

I have just received an unpleasant call from my TA demanding payment today ( over £24000) for a cruise departing in December even though Regent’s final payment date is not until October22nd. They threw “terms and conditions” at me. Funny that their terms and conditions were abandoned when they wouldn’t refund the cost of a cancelled cruise in June within the 14 days required by ABTA. They even kept the returned fare for 14 days after receiving it due to “terms and conditions”!

This cruise isn’t likely to happen apart from the fact that we, in the UK, cannot travel to the US, Miami in this case.

They also threatened me with having to pay additional cancellation charges if I didn’t pay up today of 50% of the full fare. ( see them in court over this one if they dare!)

I phoned Regent who wouldn’t discuss this with me as I had booked through an agent ( Legacy booking, sacked now see previous post). So I have no option to cancel and hopefully have my deposit transferred to a future booking, fortunately it was an on board booking so only £650.

Whilst writing this I insisted that the TA phoned Regent to clarify and they have now extended the final payment date until October 13th. All this has taken a whole morning including the 45 minutes waiting for the TA to answer the phone. I will wait to cancel the cruise in the hope that Regent cancel first as I would rather have my deposit returned.

Having seen recent posts I think some UK TAs need to wake up to reality and look to the longer term with their clients.