The Daily for Tuesday Aug 4, 2020

richwmn

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

It is very likely that it is. The list used for selection is only about 100 entries and is chosen randomly. I think it would take about 300 to cut down on the possibility of repeating a meal in a short time, but how many ways can you say "Meat Loaf"?

I am sorry, now I remember you explaining this to someone else. Too bad I did not remember. Thank you again for all your efforts!

• Like 2

Good morning everyone!  To our local Coast Guards here in San Diego and to all

Happy National Coast Guard Day! Rich thanks as always for The Daily! Not interested in this wine and not a big fan of chocolate chip cookies. Guess I am boring! LOL!!

🌺Hi Joy and Ann! FYI I have no brothers or sisters so I enjoy having my adopted sisters with both of you! 
🌺Joy I can not wait for Allen’s test results to come back soon!!! NEGATIVE 
🌺Ann happy where you live is back to normal and enjoyed a nice evening! 
🌺Roy appreciate your on going prayer list! Thank you as well as the beautiful pictures! My fav sunrise and sunsets!

Have a beautiful day everyone!! 
Thank you for being a part of my CC family!

Denise😊

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

I am sorry, now I remember you explaining this to someone else. Too bad I did not remember. Thank you again for all your efforts!

No need to be sorry. You pushed me to do some additional searching and I found some more that are "summer" meals that I will be using till the end of August (at least). Thanks for the push!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

Today I am working from home doing a training course about Managing Perceptions. It’s been really interesting so far. 

Our last cruise was a Mexican Riviera back in December and I took a pretty cool picture of the side of the Oosterdam with night mode on my iPhone. Can’t wait to get back to cruising. 

B0E97904-6DF8-46E5-BBA3-15A8D12A5653.jpeg

• Like 10

Good morning, all!  Thank you, Rich, for the Daily News, as usual!  I went to the grocery store early today (they have seniors' hour from 7 to 8), and I bought oatmeal raisin cookies, Pat's favourite.  They will have to masquerade as chocolate chip!

My tomatoes in the pot have started to ripen, but I have decided that "Super Fantastic" should not be in a pot.  Next year I will just get a patio type of tomato.  Super Fantastic turned into a jungle, I had to prune it furiously, and I need to water it two or three times a day or it gets very unhappy.   When we lived in Virginia, I always grew "Fantastic", but when we moved to Canada I couldn't find it, and had to move up to "Super Fantastic" (and "Sungold"), which grew well in my bigger garden in Oak Bay, but now, with hardly any space, I will just have to settle for something smaller.

I've had a good crop of zucchinis, but the beans weren't great, maybe 4 meals off each potfull, and nothing to freeze.  There are some artichokes coming, and the rhubarb I planted in the spring is happy - I should be able to harvest some next year.  It is called "learn by doing"!!

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I bought oatmeal raisin cookies, Pat's favourite.  They will have to masquerade as chocolate chip!

Love ii!

Well, I think that 33mph pace of Isaias turned out to be a blessing.  It seems to have passed by very quickly.  I took a late morning walk to our mall and the attached parking garage.  I walked first in the garage and it was really pouring.  I finished up inside the mall and when I went back out about 11 there was barely a drizzle.  I continued to the grocery store and then to Panera.  I had hoped it would be POSSIBLE to eat at the outdoor tables under the the overhang but it turned out to be just about perfect.  We had a couple of isolated tornadoes but not much else and now the sun is out with just a gentle breeze.

Roy

• Like 6

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

No need to be sorry. You pushed me to do some additional searching and I found some more that are "summer" meals that I will be using till the end of August (at least). Thanks for the push!

I really look forward to some simple summer meals. 
Thanks Rich for all you do and now even changing up the meals for the seasons. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, richwmn said:

Just call me spoiled! Thank you, Sir!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Love ii!

Well, I think that 33mph pace of Isaias turned out to be a blessing.  It seems to have passed by very quickly.  I took a late morning walk to our mall and the attached parking garage.  I walked first in the garage and it was really pouring.  I finished up inside the mall and when I went back out about 11 there was barely a drizzle.  I continued to the grocery store and then to Panera.  I had hoped it would be POSSIBLE to eat at the outdoor tables under the the overhang but it turned out to be just about perfect.  We had a couple of isolated tornadoes but not much else and now the sun is out with just a gentle breeze.

Roy

Great news, Roy.  Let’s hope he keeps racing away from the coast.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, richwmn said:

At Sea Indian

Eurodam destination Kochi eta 8/7
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Kochi eta 8/7
Volendam destination Durban eta 8/15
Westerdam destination unknown at this time
Zuiderdam destination Jakarta

Rich, according to MarineTraffic.com, Westerdam is headed to Mombasa, Kenya, ETA 12 August at 0630 local.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, What was that? said:

Rich, according to MarineTraffic.com, Westerdam is headed to Mombasa, Kenya, ETA 12 August at 0630 local.

I guess they finally updated their AIS destination.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Alternate dinner suggestion: Veal  Chop with Creamy Porcini Sauce, as served on MS Prinsendam 8/4/11.

https://arctictriple.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/menup12.pdf

I actually went for a very light dinner that day as I had been to lunch in the Pinnacle Grill.

Roy

Oh Jeez Roy!! Had to post one of my very favorite meals. I could cry..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Love ii!

Roy

Really good news indeed Roy 🙂 

Glad things were relatively decent for you.

Our only worry here is wind gusts from the sounds of things but they don’t know for sure what happens when it hits the St. Lawrence River.  There’s several trajectories.

We’d like some of the rain and happy to skip the wind 😉 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Really good news indeed Roy 🙂 

Glad things were relatively decent for you.

Our only worry here is wind gusts from the sounds of things but they don’t know for sure what happens when it hits the St. Lawrence River.  There’s several trajectories.

We’d like some of the rain and happy to skip the wind 😉 

I was thinking the current track would leave you pretty safe.  I am a bit concerned as I have 2 cousins just a little bit South of Montreal and that seems to be awfully close to what I understand the path to be.

Roy

• Like 1

Good evening-almost morning again! Thanks for the report and daily care list R&R. Busy day today driving DD into the city, and then a meeting at Church discussing things that need to be done before the building can be opened again. Lots to do! Blessings to all. Be well! Stay safe. Be kind!

• Like 2

Thanks for the daily Rich.  Been really busy today....  It's the granddaughter's 13th birthday today so I picked her up really early (it was early for me, I've been waking up late now that I'm retired) and we had a lot of errands to run today.  First was Starbucks for her new fave drink, it's something with matcha in it, probably something someone on TicToc or YouTube recommended.  Then it was to school to pick up materials for the remote classroom schooling she will start in just 2 days.  Then we went to my Mom's to drop off her shopping list, and of course she gave me a new shopping list.  Then it was the eye doctor's office to order her new glasses.  Finally we went to Chiptole as a Birthday treat for lunch.  Whew I was tired.

Chocolate Chip cookies are my absolute favorite.  God Bless the Coast Guard!  Not having the meal suggestion, having leftover pizza.  I didn't really look at the wine, was it a Barolo?  If so that is a nice wine.  I'll have to go back and look it up.

Have a great evening everyone!  Prayers to all in storms path.

• Like 4

dfish that's hilarious what you did to the towel monkeys......the lips!!!!  Very cute!!

I was so sad on my last cruise in December 2019 on the Oosterdam because the towel animals were all blind!  No eyes!  I can't possibly fathom why HAL decided that the paper eyes were some kind of environmental or cost problem.  Does anyone know what their reasoning was to not have eyes anymore?  A couple of days my stewards drew some eyes on a piece of paper with a ball point pen.  I guess they felt bad for the blind animals too.

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger
Added info
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, oakridger said:

dfish that's hilarious what you did to the towel monkeys......the lips!!!!  Very cute!!

I was so sad on my last cruise in December 2019 on the Oosterdam because the towel animals were all blind!  No eyes!  I can't possibly fathom why HAL decided that the paper eyes were some kind of environmental or cost problem.  Does anyone know what their reasoning was to not have eyes anymore?  A couple of days my stewards drew some eyes on a piece of paper with a ball point pen.  I guess they felt bad for the blind animals too.

~Nancy

It was very strange to see the blind  towel animals on the Maasdam January/February this year, the first night thought that the eyes had fallen off.

• Like 1

Hi erewhon, do you know why HAL stopped the eyes?  I noticed pictures on other Carnival Corporation brands (Carnival specifically) that people's towel animals still had eyes at the beginning of this year.  

Thanks,

~Nancy

• Like 1