Next time I cruise I am definitely going to....

chemmo

9 minutes ago, Esprit said:

I’ll try to be more romantic😍

We have just celebrated our Ruby Wedding at home (no choice, no guests)...However, it still was very romantic, Don’t wait for your next cruise, live each day to the fulll..order the champagne and flowers tomorrow.

PS..let us know how your romantic gestures go...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, davekathy said:

Wouldn't do anything differently on our next cruise (if and when) as we always do what we want/plan to do. 

You sound so like us....It is only because we can no longer ‘cruise at will’ we are beginning to realise how much we have taken for granted....A simple ‘for example’ would be the buffet....We rarely dine there but love the option to do so...To browse, put a plate together of things you just fancy a taste of/want to try...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Next time I cruise...............I plan to pinch myself and see if I'm dreaming.😀

And I will try some waffles, only ever had those you make yourself in Holiday Inn Express...I guess I need to make some Canadian friends first to get the right topping...

Hello Canada!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, chemmo said:

We have just celebrated our Ruby Wedding at home (no choice, no guests)...However, it still was very romantic, Don’t wait for your next cruise, live each day to the fulll..order the champagne and flowers tomorrow.

PS..let us know how your romantic gestures go...

Congrats on your Anniversary...

4 hours ago, Fouremco said:

We are definitely going to do what we always do: plan for the ports and plan nothing for our time aboard. 

This was always our plan when we first cruised. The ship was a fantastic way to see the world and get a taster of places we wanted to return to...As we have got older the ship itself has becmore of a destination in its own right.

One thing I would add about port stops is not to compromise on what you choose to do..Helicopter, sea plane, speed boat and hot air balloon rides are all precious memories for us. With activities planned for the ports the cruise can be about lying back and simply relaxing...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, babylene said:

The next time I cruise  I am definitely going to appreciate "normal" life.

We are trying hard to adjust to what a future normal may be...We certainly will never take lots of things for granted again...Simply greeting a new acquaintance with a handshake is not going to happen...if I need to learn to elbow nudge I can do that!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alushar said:

Keep our old traditions and make some new and make loads of new great memories.

In particular we love going to the Martini Bar when it first opens on Sail day you always meet people from far and wide, everyone so happy to be there some you see throughout the cruise others never again but all such fun.

Finding our favourite artists, there's always 1 maybe 2 who hit spot for us and then listening to them with a drink in various bars

So much more

and the Ocean

I can only say you express so much of how we feel but how do you get seats at the Martini Bar?!?!?

We will certainly keep our traditions, in particular booking Tuscan for sail away, but we will no longer take for granted so many aspects of cruising...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JFontaine said:

I’m going to see more sunrises. 

Totally agree...

So easy on vacations of any type to focus on restaurants/entertainment and miss nature’s spectacular shows. When we first visited the Grand Canyon we had been advised we ‘must’ see it at sunrise and sunset. It was hard work after long flights and drives but we will never regret making the effort....When we returned with more leisure time a few years later we remembered to follow nature’s timetable...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ravbo said:

Be thankful for being able to take such a wonderful vacation.

Just enjoy everything more.

Relax and chill out.

So agree...So many things in life we have learned to not take for granted...

1 hour ago, watertraveler said:

.....Enjoy the sound of the waves, watch the wake of the ship at sunset, find a quiet spot and my husband says, "Enjoy the moment."

Totally agree...The wake of the ship is wonderful. We have been blessed on M class by booking a room overlooking the wake and on S class we enjoy the wake view in Tuscan Grill...’Enjoy the moment ‘ is what cruising is all about!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JFontaine said:

I’m going to see more sunrises. 

Sunrise about five hours outside of Bermuda.   I was so lucky to be in the Penthouse.   I grabbed my phone and ran outside. I couldn't believe how calm the water was, and how beautiful the sky. This photo is my Screensaver, and I've looked at it countless times in the last four months, remembering how lucky I was to have seen this. 

20190821_051919.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, gerelmx said:

Main dining room to enjoy my meals.

Food on Celebrity is special. Not just about the food but also about the wonderful service.

So many of us once we can cruise again will be very happy to have someone else plan, prepare, cook and clean up after dining!

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

Go to Karaoke again. 🎤

On our last Edge Cruise we went to the Club one evening where passengers were participating in Karaoke with a live band. It was a blast. There were several talented people who not only sang, but entertained us with their dance moves as well. It was a surprise to find out these usually quiet and sedate people were such extroverts. 😁

Honestly, if we knew where Karaoke was happening on a ship we would usually  avoid it but after reading your post perhaps I should add it to my list of ‘things to do’...

On reflection, taking my ability to sing and dance into account perhaps for the benefit of anyone with any sense of taste and decent hearing perhaps I shouldn’t!?!?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, verizon said:

I will generously tip those that I have tipped before.

Agree...Last day of cruise it is nice to say ‘Thankyou’ to those who have helped to make your cruise. We also make sure we let the managers of staff who have gone ‘above and beyond’ know our appreciation either verbally, through the on board card or on the post cruise survey.

I always try to get to know the staff, but I will make an extra special effort next time, as well as thank them more and tip them more.  I will also remember to tip the crew who take care of the ladies room where I always stop before dinner.  Every cruise I say to myself that I want to remember to do that and I always forget.  They have one of the worst jobs on the ship and probably deserve the tips more than anyone!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, JFontaine said:

Sunrise about five hours outside of Bermuda.   I was so lucky to be in the Penthouse.   I grabbed my phone and ran outside. I couldn't believe how calm the water was, and how beautiful the sky. This photo is my Screensaver, and I've looked at it countless times in the last four months, remembering how lucky I was to have seen this. 

20190821_051919.jpg

Fantastic photograph!

We have been blessed to have cruised in an M class PH a couple of times and the deck view really is fantastic. We spent many evenings just lying on one of the sunbeds on the enormous deck star gazing...

Our best PH memory was sunrise...I woke early and saw the Pitons appearing on the left of the ship through the early morning mist...magical but unfortunately I didn’t grab my phone or camera quick enough...

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I’m going to cherish sitting on our balcony even more than I normally would, especially when we’re sailing on the high seas and simply watching the whitecaps go. 

Totally agree, we always spend lots of time on the balcony enjoying the sights, sounds and smells...nothing quite like it...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

This was always our plan when we first cruised. The ship was a fantastic way to see the world and get a taster of places we wanted to return to...As we have got older the ship itself has becmore of a destination in its own right.

One thing I would add about port stops is not to compromise on what you choose to do..Helicopter, sea plane, speed boat and hot air balloon rides are all precious memories for us. With activities planned for the ports the cruise can be about lying back and simply relaxing...

Isn't that funny, we are the complete reverse. When we first started cruising, we would try to attend lots of events and would go through Celebrity Today (or equivalent on other lines) with a highlighter to ensure that we missed nothing of potential interest. Over the years, however, we've adopted a much more relaxed approach aboard, sitting in a shady nook to read, enjoying a coffee and a pastry in Café al Bacio, appreciating a quiet swim in the Solarium, or just finding pleasure in one another's company on our balcony while we watch the ever-changing sea slip by. We still peruse the list of events for the day, and will attend/participate on occasion, but as often as not, at the appointed time we decide that we are very happy doing whatever it is we are doing and decide to skip it.

Ports are a very different matter, and I/we spend months and months planning. We seldom take ship excursions, preferring to go with a private provider. In many cases, we'll do a DIY walking tour of the port, or rent a car and travel further afield. Curaçao is a good example of the latter, as we've rented cars several times to hit a variety of the better snorkeling sites, but we've also enjoyed a great walking tour following a guide to the varied and interesting architecture that can be seen  throughout the Punda and Otrobanda districts. While some people choose to stay aboard after several visits to the same port, we've always been able to find something new and interesting to do ashore.

Sigh, writing about it reminds me how much I miss it all... :classic_sad:

Edited by Fouremco
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I always try to get to know the staff, but I will make an extra special effort next time, as well as thank them more and tip them more.  I will also remember to tip the crew who take care of the ladies room where I always stop before dinner.  Every cruise I say to myself that I want to remember to do that and I always forget.  They have one of the worst jobs on the ship and probably deserve the tips more than anyone!

It must be so hard for the staff at present with such an uncertain future...

In addition to tipping staff they do also appreciate you filling in the ‘comment’ cards and mentioning then in reviews.

One thing that cheers me through these difficult times is the focus/effort Celebrity has always given to health, cleanliness and hygiene...gives some hope for the future.

• Like 1

In some ways this was going to happen anyway because we kicked back a spring 2020 cruise for other reasons before this all started to 2022, so we'll now be four years between cruises. We enjoyed a lot of land based travel in between, including several trips to Europe. But if all goes well and that 2022 cruise comes together, I think I'm mostly just going to be excited to be on board again. I don't know how people who go on multiple cruises a year stay excited with cruising. I know many of you do multiple cruises and you clearly do. But even one a year, in the Caribbean, and we found ourselves in something of a been there done that rut. I don't think that's going to be the case next cruise.

Oh, and hopefully the World Class Bar survives on Equinox. We've met some really cool people on Reflection and Equinox there.

I don't want to overthink past experience, as I fear we'll be disappointed. I don't know what things look like in 2022. I want to be prepared to enjoy what's there, rather than miss what isn't...

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Honestly, if we knew where Karaoke was happening on a ship we would usually  avoid it but after reading your post perhaps I should add it to my list of ‘things to do’...

On reflection, taking my ability to sing and dance into account perhaps for the benefit of anyone with any sense of taste and decent hearing perhaps I shouldn’t!?!?

Ah, but the beauty of the experience is you do not have to participate.

You can just watch and applaud. 😁

• Like 1