What are the chances of a Dec cruise going out of florida?

seaman11

21 minutes ago, siestakeys04 said:

I don’t think we’ll cruise this year even though I would love to I don’t see it happening.

I think covid is not going away anytime soon(too many wont listen to guidelines in america ), so the only way i see it happening is if they (cdc) decides that we have to now live with it. Dont stop cruises anymore but just make us sign a waiver and they do the best they can distancing ppl and extra safety precautions 

• Like 2

I don't think they want to sail until the Covid situation has gone away. There is too much risk. If they come out with strict guidelines and fail they face the liability for that failure. It looks more and more likely the primary method of transmission of covid is aerosols so face mask and social distancing have limited protection. Contact tracing is proving that out. Too many workers at healthcare facilities are getting sick and they take all the precautions. Most of the people I see with a mask are wearing one that is effectively useless anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

I don't think they want to sail until the Covid situation has gone away. There is too much risk. If they come out with strict guidelines and fail they face the liability for that failure. It looks more and more likely the primary method of transmission of covid is aerosols so face mask and social distancing have limited protection. Contact tracing is proving that out. Too many workers at healthcare facilities are getting sick and they take all the precautions. Most of the people I see with a mask are wearing one that is effectively useless anyway.

ill be honest i dont see covid going away for a very long time.  it may be around like the cold or flu.   at some point the everyone has to realize this, i dont see a vaccine even working. could be so many different strains . 

• Like 4

Well, I believe that CLIA has already announce an extension of no cruising until Oct 31; so agree that your October cruise isn't going to go. I think it's incredibly unlikely at this point that Dec 2020 will go either. Really just comes down to how many times you want to reschedule. If it were me I would shoot for summer 2021 or later....

• Like 2

I just had a short cruise canceled on October Elation. I’m thinking of rebooking a November Breeze expecting it to be canceled so that I can get a $600 OBC instead of the $300. Only downside I see is that Breeze sails and I don’t have to wait until next years cruises which are already booked. 

• Like 1

The chances are less than zero. They have tried to restart cruising in Europe and Alaska on small ships using very strict protocol. The startup has been disastrous. Imagine what it's going to be like on ships that hold thousands of people. It's just not going to happen.

Edited by joeyancho

13 hours ago, seaman11 said:

i have a dec, elation cruise on hold, and im thinking of replacing my oct cruise with this one(which i dont feel will go personally)  however i am racking up the obc so nothing to lose..  im up to $1000 now. 

May the odds be ever in your favor.

Nothing to lose? Go for it!  Have fun!

5 hours ago, beerman2 said:

Seaman11 , you've gone down this path before and it didn't work out well. Now there was a ship (?) sailing with ONLY 66 pax and Covid reared  it's head.

just trying to gauge another $300 in obc. 😉