Kiev Bucharest-Viking River

WisRiver

I was looking at a Viking River Cruise catalogue, and noticed they offered a 15 day Kiev-Bucharest river cruise with stops in Odessa and Constanta, Romania in late 2021 and 2022.  Has anyone had any experience with this cruise?  Several years ago we enjoyed a Bucharest-Amsterdam river cruise on Viking.  Are there any other river cruises from Kiev towards the Black Sea?

I also would like to hear comments about that cruise.  I have been wishing that it was possible to get off at

bucharest and board a LONG SHIp to Amsterdam.....that would be a Great fall time journey!  Aslo wondering what the ship is like.

I cruised the Dniepr on the Viking Lomonosov before it was extensively renovated and became the Viking Sineus. The boat is a refurbished Soviet boat, built I think in East Germany, significantly larger than a Rhine-Main-Danube boat. My cruise was in the good old days when a number of days were spent in Crimea (not happening now). The currently scheduled Viking CRUISE ends at Tulcea and proceeds by land to Constanta and Bucharest (Bucharest being on neither the Black Sea nor the Danube). There are other Dniepr cruises (eg Imperial River Cruises), but Viking is the only line that markets extensively to US travelers. I have also cruised all the way from Constanta to Amsterdam, but broken into segments (many of which I’ve done more than once). I have spent 10 days on land in Romania mostly doing castles and churches in Transylvania. There are old threads discussing Dniepr cruises, but I find the CC search too frustrating to use. 

Thom

Edited by TravelerThom
  • Like 1