Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

10 minutes ago, twangster said:

That would require it be a transatlantic or an itinerary including the ABC islands.  Possible I suppose.

Good point.  Which one of the ABC’s or all three?  Symphony’s 9/21/2021 sailing has stops in Aruba and Curaçao so technically Allure should be able to make stops there too. 

8 hours ago, so,ton saint said:

So we could have Indy and Anthem  home based  So,ton, at this present time a new Cruise Terminal is being built giving us five large berths.

It’s possibly but Indy was also booked into Gib for 2020 and 2021 and turned out to be nothing

3 minutes ago, atgood said:

Good point.  Which one of the ABC’s or all three?  Symphony’s 9/21/2021 sailing has stops in Aruba and Curaçao so technically Allure should be able to make stops there too. 

I think any one on their own would qualify.  Ships often visit more than one of the ABC's since they are so close to each other and it sells well to have more port stops.  Minimal fuel burn between them makes it a no-brainer to stop at more than one.  I'm not sure Bonaire can accept OA class right now.  

I'd love to see more OA class in the ABC's but for whatever reason Royal always seems hesitant to deviate very far from the rinse-lather-repeat-repeat-repeat model.  We can always hope.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

What kind of itineraries would you expect Anthem to be doing out of Southhampton

I’d say fjords would be a definite winner for Anthem and shed probably also do north Europe stuff. If there’s another ship out of Southampton then I wouldn’t expect anthem to do loads of med/canaries stuff

I'm doubtful Indy will come back to Southampton given that she seems to be getting pencilled into the 3/4 nighters from Canaveral as of November 2021. If they were serious about bringing her back, they wouldn't have sent her there IMO. Someone did mention that she would return in 2022 and couldn't do 2020 or 2021 due to technical issues but they could have swapped her with one of her Caribbean based sister ships if that was the case.

Sadly we'll probably only have Anthem again in the UK 😞. I long for the day that the UK gets a decent ship again (although to be fair, any ship would do just now). 

46 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

I wonder which Oasis class will be based in the med, usually it fits in with their 5 year maintenance dry docking so presumably it will be Symphony in 2023? I wonder if that’s when Allure’s dry dock will be now

Seems like it will be SY in 2023, that seems almost definite to me. I wonder which one will do the Barcelona run in 2022 - 5 years before that (2017) was the year with no Oasis Class in Europe, the first 3 were all in the Caribbean (none of which needed a drydock) and Symphony wasn't yet online so Freedom was sent over.

Maybe Allure will get her amplification in 2022 instead and will do the Barcelona season that year? That would make up for her whole Europe season being binned this year. Everything is a bit up in the air at the moment though, can't really predict anything.

Edited by CruisingJoe09

10 hours ago, molly361 said:

I wonder if the schedule will still be released in the same general time frame this year

Doing a little lateral thinking here, NOT PREDICTING THE FUTURE (still working on that, but I have not quite mastered it).....BUT, I would figure they would want to release schedules for as far into the future as possible, and do such release shortly after actual GREAT NEWS regarding vaccines.

When that time arrives, the excitement /optimism level all over the world will rise. People will figure they don’t want to miss the boat, but many will want to allow the vaccine some lead time before traveling on a cruise.  So I would anticipate patrons desirous to book 2022 and even 2023 cruises.  So proper timing they can scratch that itch, and at the same time, with each booking the cash flow from deposits helps with liquidity.

OK, I can’t resist, here is the predicting the future part....cruises resume March 2021, one year after the original no sail order.

Eddie

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Unlikely RCI will send any O class to Europe unless a dry dock is needed - Allure won't need one till 2025. 

That should work out as 1 every year under normal circumstances.

13 hours ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

Sadly we'll probably only have Anthem again in the UK 😞. I long for the day that the UK gets a decent ship again (although to be fair, any ship would do just now). 

What do you consider to be a “decent” ship? If it isn’t Anthem I don’t know what is. 🤷‍♀️ She’s a million times better than Indie and far more suited to the weather. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, little britain said:

What do you consider to be a “decent” ship? If it isn’t Anthem I don’t know what is. 🤷‍♀️ She’s a million times better than Indie and far more suited to the weather. 

"If it isn’t Anthem I don’t know what is" - Oasis Class?? Not expecting one of them to turn up in Southampton but I definitely think they are miles better than Anthem in every way.

I can agree to disagree with you but when I sailed Anthem several years ago from NJ - she kinda sucked IMO. Just didn't float my boat, not enough to do that appealed to me (really missed Promenade and Studio B), overcrowded, bad design, structural issues (creaky cabin). I just don't think I'll ever get the appeal of Quantum Class. 

I'd take Indy (or either of her sisters, I'm not picky) any day. Voyager or Oasis Class is cool with me as well.

Edited by CruisingJoe09

On 8/7/2020 at 12:05 AM, Biker19 said:

Gibraltar ...shows 

Jewel on 5/3/2022, 8/29/2022

Rhapsody on 5/5/2022

Indy on 6/7/2022, 7/26/2022, 9/1/2022, 9/27/2022

Anthem on 6/29/2022, 8/3/2022, 8/17/2022, 9/21/2022, 10/5/2022

Thanks for starting this season's thread. 

It appears that Jewel's TA will arrive in Barcelona in early May and then sail via Lisbon, Le Havre and ZEEBRUGGE. She will most likely sail the Baltic with home ports of CPH or STO. 

Anthem only has one MED stop at Villefranche summer season 2022 on July 1.  Anthem has 3 bookings at Funchal with sailings to Tenerife for Canary Island sailings in July, August and September from Southampton. 

Indy is booked with 3 stops at Funchal in June, September and October for Canary Island sailings from Southampton. 

Rhapsody does stop at Funchal on May 3rd 2022, after leaving Nassau from Tampa and then on to Gibraltar. 

Vision is booked the entire season from May to October at Barcelona for the longer MED sailings. 

The Harmony of the Seas Palma bookings are currently only for April and May of 2022. I would think that ICON would have been planned for the summer season as she is released in May of 2022. This could easily be delayed or cancelled. 

Brilliance is booked back at Amsterdam and with the August end of season and no bookings in the MED could return to sailing to Iceland on to Boston for 2022 for her transatlantic. 

• Like 1

Serenade of the Seas is booked on October 15th 2022 at Grand Cayman. This indicates that the ship would not return to Australia for the 2022-23 Season and would move to a US port.

This could indicate possible Panama Canal sailings. (at least one) 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

Thanks for starting this season's thread. 

It appears that Jewel's TA will arrive in Barcelona in early May and then sail via Lisbon, Le Havre and ZEEBRUGGE. She will most likely sail the Baltic with home ports of CPH or STO. 

Anthem only has one MED stop at Villefranche summer season 2022 on July 1.  Anthem has 3 bookings at Funchal with sailings to Tenerife for Canary Island sailings in July, August and September from Southampton. 

Indy is booked with 3 stops at Funchal in June, September and October for Canary Island sailings from Southampton. 

Rhapsody does stop at Funchal on May 3rd 2022, after leaving Nassau from Tampa and then on to Gibraltar. 

Vision is booked the entire season from May to October at Barcelona for the longer MED sailings. 

The Harmony of the Seas Palma bookings are currently only for April and May of 2022. I would think that ICON would have been planned for the summer season as she is released in May of 2022. This could easily be delayed or cancelled. 

Brilliance is booked back at Amsterdam and with the August end of season and no bookings in the MED could return to sailing to Iceland on to Boston for 2022 for her transatlantic. 

Do you really believe they take Adventure in 2021 for the Baltic and go smaller again with Jewel in 2022 after just one year?

19 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Do you really believe they take Adventure in 2021 for the Baltic and go smaller again with Jewel in 2022 after just one year?

I only post when there are bookings that are posted. They have currently not booked Adventure at any ports that I have found. 

1 hour ago, Jack McGowan said:

Don’t forget Royal are probably just booking the slots, doesn’t necessarily mean that ship will use the slot

While that may be possible, the posters on here have been fairly accurate in sleuthing things out ahead of time in the past (far sooner than when RCI puts out anything official).  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

Don’t forget Royal are probably just booking the slots, doesn’t necessarily mean that ship will use the slot

I have been doing this for years and there have been very few examples of just pure place holders.  Now, RCI changing deployment at the last minute for one or two ships is nothing unusual. 

2 hours ago, MADflyer said:

The Harmony of the Seas Palma bookings are currently only for April and May of 2022.

The 2022 bookings for Harmony are somewhat surprising to me since it will have been over there in 2021.   

Freedom OTS did cruises from Barcelona 2017 (5yr cycle).  At the time there were no other Oasis class ships due for a dry dock in Europe.  

Does anyone know which is more profitable for RCI’s Oasis class: sailing the summer months from Spain/Italy or from Florida?  If from Spain/Italy, perhaps Allure goes back in 2022 to get its Amp finished in 2022. Heaven forbid, to have another azipod repaired. 

9 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

I have been doing this for years and there have been very few examples of just pure place holders.  Now, RCI changing deployment at the last minute for one or two ships is nothing unusual. 

Think the only thing that seems to be a bit off is the Gibraltar ones, independence has been on there for the next few years (including 2021) and there hasn’t been a second ship out of Southampton 

16 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

Think the only thing that seems to be a bit off is the Gibraltar ones, independence has been on there for the next few years (including 2021) and there hasn’t been a second ship out of Southampton 

Gibraltar has been a mess the past couple of years with sailings being added and the old ones never being removed. Watching them as an indicator is good as bookings often lead to finding bookings at other ports. 

Riviera Ports is the most accurate along with Key West port agent site and Grand Cayman an Le Havre.  Many others are dependable when they can be viewed like Victoria BC and Hawaii ports. The lack of information from most ports now does make this a much more difficult task than it once was. 

I think that the Palma bookings for Harmony are actually an example of the place holder referenced. They had the whole season booked for Harmony previously and then cancelled the late summer. I had always suspected ICON for Barcelona but there is no evidence of that now and she might be delayed or cancelled.