Hotel Jazz--thoughts?

Bruin Steve

We've been to Barcelona MANY times...last several times, we've stayed at the Hilton (the one up in the banking district), the Gran Havana, The Continental (a couple of times) and, most recently, the 1898...We prefer to stay close to the Placa Catalunya...

We have a cruise July 2021 on Apex and will arrive in Barcelona four nights ahead of embarkation.  My wife tells me she doesn't want to go back to the Continental as she thinks the beds are hard and doesn't like the decor... She really liked the 1898 but it's a bit pricey for our dates next year and I can't find a refundable rate.

I've always seen a lot of folks here on cruise critic rave about the Hotel Jazz...and I found a very good refundable rate including breakfast for our dates...so I made a reservation.  I do have some concerns, though...The website seems to indicate that the standard double room is a mere 108 square feet...and the superior room only 129 square feet...Those sound incredibly small.  Are those measurements accurate?  That would correspond to rooms approximately 10 feet by 10 and a half feet and 10 feet by 13 feet!  The kids bedrooms in my house are considerably larger than that and we couldn't imagine squeezing a king size bed into one of them (the website says the superior room has a king size bed).  My wife asked if the square footage includes the bathroom!?! (I said it couldn't possibly be--I can't picture a bedroom that sleeps two and a full bathroom in a 10x10.5 foot space!)

What can anyone tell me to assure me that we're not booked into a phone booth?  Or anything else you can tell me about the hotel (We already know the location quite well and are very happy with that)...

I was hoping a had a picture of our room but no such luck.  108 sq feet is like 10 X 11.  I don't remember it being that small but we didn't spend a lot of time in the room. I did have a picture of the rooftop pool.IMG_6329.thumb.JPG.2af855b848ad14ab4369ac4f2b6e2c65.JPG

I’m   trying to make a reservation for this hotel they are fully booked for July 2021 ..or  maybe a bit to early 

And yes this hotel is my first choice for Barcelona  I think I’m going to wait a few  more months hoping some availability 

15 hours ago, SEA DOGY said:

I’m   trying to make a reservation for this hotel they are fully booked for July 2021 ..or  maybe a bit to early 

The Jazz is not fully booked for July 2021 and they are accepting reservations for July. Perhaps they are booked for the days that you want but ... 

I just did a mock booking on the Jazz website (https://www.hoteljazz.com/en/) for July 8-10, 2021 and found availability rates for the double, superior and family rooms.

• 3 weeks later...

We previously stayed at the Gran Havana also, liked the location and had a nice sized room on the top floor with a balcony overlooking the city. How come you are not staying  at this hotel again?. I did notice the rates have gone up since our last visit. 

54 minutes ago, dabear said:

We previously stayed at the Gran Havana also, liked the location and had a nice sized room on the top floor with a balcony overlooking the city. How come you are not staying  at this hotel again?. I did notice the rates have gone up since our last visit. 

I liked the Gran Havana--rooms were nice, hotel nice...but I thought the location a little out of the way...a several block walk to go anywhere.  I found I prefer to be a little closer to the heart of the action in Barcelona...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We were at the Hotel jazz last November.  Excellent  location.  They couldn't have been nicer. We got in at 7am. They held our luggage. We chat ordered wine online before our cruise to be delivered to the hotel.  We were out when the wine arrived so the front desk held it for us.  Room was fine. Faced the back. Quiet. My only problem  is that with 2 new knee replacement, getting in and out of the very deep tub was problematic.  There is no grab bar.  Otherwise I would definitely  stay there again