Cruising without your CPAP machine

molly361

My machine is my best friend.  I won't go anywhere without it.  I usually take a power strip that doesn't have a surge suppressor, and that is allowed on most cruise lines, and a plain extension cord, because it seems like they never have a plug where I sleep.  My wife has mobility issues, so she is always closest to the bathroom, and it seems like that is also closest to power.

On 8/9/2020 at 4:48 AM, molly361 said:

Does anyone cruise or vacation without your CPAP machine?  Can you go a few days without using one?

Yes.I have not brought my CPAP machine on a cruise since 2016.I have been on 11 cruises of 12 to 14 days without the machine and have yet to have a problem.

However,I would discuss it with your doctor,as I have.

• Thanks 1

I wouldn't dream of going without my CPAP machine. My cardiologist has made it very clear that I need to use it every night. 
Unless I am flying overnight, I don't ever fail to use it. 

If your CPAP is cumbersome to carry, you can get small ones that are no bigger than a can of soda. 

Take it with you!  You will sleep better with it.  If hubby doesn't bring his I just might have to have the Captain leave him at the first port!!  I know I will sleep better if hubby has it with him, even without the doctors opinion!

All joking aside, take it with you, you will sleep better.

Denise

• 3 years later...

We take our cpap machines. The last cruise we were on the night before disembarkation it stopped in our home town and we got off the ship and dropped all our luggage with family who met us at the port. Thinking this would make the next day easier traveling home. We also left our cpap with family thinking it was just one night…. Bad choice! We were exhausted from lack of sleep the next day due to no cpap! (Humidity and air really helps for a restful sleep!!) - any time we managed to fall asleep we’d wake the other with our snoring - was bad. 

so ya- use the cpap if you regularity use it.