Beach in Cozumel

alexmom

We're sailing to Cozumel on the Mardi Gras in May 2021.  I've never been there and I'm looking for a good beach, not more than 1/2 hour from the port.  My husband and son don't drink alcohol and I won't touch it either if I'm going in the water - and I WILL be going in the water!!  I had looked at one place, but it was all inclusive and we won't be drinking the alcohol.  We'll need food, juice, chairs and a bathroom.  Should I look at hotels with day passes like I did in Puerto Vallarta ?  

Thank you for any help you can give me,

Kristine

Look up Paradise Beach.  They have both AI and walk -in prices (small cover + X$ food and/or drink).  Pool and beach.  Water toys (extra).

For a quieter beach, further down, Playa Palancar is a good option.  

Or look at some of the smaller, less frequented beaches.  Money Bar, Sky Reef, Playa Corona, Playa San Francisco.

Pretty sure all have websites or reviews up on Trip Advisor.

• Like 1

Admission fee/chair rental at Paradise Beach used to be $3 - good food, great service, good facilities, nice beach, water toys (extra fee) and a HUGE pool.  Taxh should be about $15-17+ each way - current fares will be posted on a board near the cab line for your peir. 

We love Money Bar, but there is no "Beach" - you enter the water via steps and it offers good snorkeling from the shore with clear water (no sand and waves to cloud the views).  Good facilities, food and drinks (sunset happy hour!)  Taxi should be about $12+ each way.