Free Valet Laundry Service for all

Pcardad

17 hours ago, Ladys Mom said:

I just looked at my booked cruises, and it appears that the 365 day shore excursion booking date has been in the works for a while.  Several weeks ago when I booked my March 25, 2021 excursions the date was the 28th of July.  Then when I looked at it a couple of days later the date had been moved to March 25, 2020.  I started thinking I was losing my mind because I had been waiting until midnight of that July date to start booking my excursions.  Needless to say I would have booked them earlier if I had seen an earlier shore excursion date.  Then when  I looked at my WC 2022 booking today, the date had been moved to Jan. 5, 2021.

What a MESS!

Based upon Marc's post, I checked my Regent account before lunch yesterday.  My July 2021 cruise showed September 20th (300 days prior to sailing) instead of the previously- indicated October date. After lunch, I decided to prepare for the September selection - the account then showed July 7th (365 days prior to cruise) instead of September! I decided to reserve a few "must haves". Silly me! The site is "difficult" in the best of times; now it is GRRRRRR! It took 28 minutes to reserve an "included" excursion. Even with our $1400 of SBC, an attempt to reserve a Regent Choice excursion resulted in a request for additional $161- an unfathomable calculation.

Come on Regent. 

46 minutes ago, phillipahain said:

Yes another slap in the face for all those who have done the days to earn the various  perks of free Wi Fi or free Laundry ....will they increase our other benefits to make up for this ?     Sadly i very much doubt it 

We have just received an email to say that because we are gold SSS members we will have an additional $100 per suite credited to our account. Yippee. 

7 hours ago, giustot said:

By the way, I used to run into Tony many times as we were doing our own laundry. I don't remember seeing you there, probably because you already had free laundry as a benefit.

Tom.

Tom, I was usually in laundry room when they opened at 0700.  One cruise I was in cabin across the hall and I could hear housekeeping unlock the door so I could get two machines.  

Tony would always be ironing; I never did use the irons.  

Edited by mrlevin

21 hours ago, Got2Cruise said:

I believe if one does research that Regent said at that time they added extra help in the laundry dept. 

Extra help won't help the capacity of the equipment that does the washing.  A washing machine can only wash a certain amount of clothing.  And sincerely doubt there is room in the already crowded laundry facilities to add more washing and drying equipment.

Also adding crew is most likely a serious issue with the call from medical professionals for every crew member to have a private room with toiled facilities.  Likely to have the  crew members reduced rather than increased in the laundry departmetn.

There is a limitation other than adding crew..

Edited by rallydave

I am guessing that Regent put some thought into this before the change was announced, and they've clearly got some time to consider all the logistics before sailing resumes.  I have no doubt they will do their level best to provide this service to all of us in a typical Regent fashion.

• Like 4

When we turned gold we got 1 bag a week of free laundry. Worked out fine for us and now having unlimited free laundry and an extra $100 means i can use the extra SBC to pay for the dry cleaning.  We have had good luck with the laundry service whether it was free or we paid for it. On our 1st cruise i did laundry and said never again. Not wasting my vacation time doing that so from then on we used SBC to pay for laundry.  

I don't begrudge others getting the free laundry perk. I don't cruise to get perks, i look at the perks as a bonus and will gratefully take anything i get for 'free'.  The perk i covet next is the free deviation but will never reach that level so it is a pipe dream. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rallydave said:

Extra help won't help the capacity of the equipment that does the washing.  A washing machine can only wash a certain amount of clothing.  And sincerely doubt there is room in the already crowded laundry facilities to add more washing and drying equipment.

Also adding crew is most likely a serious issue with the call from medical professionals for every crew member to have a private room with toiled facilities.  Likely to have the  crew members reduced rather than increased in the laundry departmetn.

There is a limitation other than adding crew..

What can I tell you? All I know is that was Regent was saying back in 2018. Also I’ve never been in the laundry room. Have you? 

Yes another slap in the face for all those who have done the days to earn the various  perks of free Wi Fi or free Laundry ....will they increase our other benefits to make up for this ?     Sadly i very much doubt it 

So long as they do not remove the laundry room too ...because actually i tend to prefer to simply do my own washing even though i have had free laundry for quite a long time 

• Like 1

Believe I was several years ago on a ship tour. Everywhere was tight and filled with equipment. Even if room where to put the additional crew??  That will be a huge problem with all cruise lines. Social distancing for crew without mire cabins

16 hours ago, SusieQft said:

I have a question for you experienced Regent laundry users.  Do you put your name on everything that you send to them to wash?  Do you ever have mix-ups with lost or extra items?

A little piece of advice from learning the hard way (on Princess Cruises).  When sending out dirty laundry I lay it out on the bed (neatly folded) and take clear pictures of it, before placing it in their bag.  That helps me remember what I sent, and also provides photo identification to show to Regent for anything that was not returned.  Then they know exactly what the lost item looks like.  However, being compensated for lost articles still sucks, even when it's pj's.

Edited by FengShui@Sea
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phillipahain said:

So long as they do not remove the laundry room too ...because actually i tend to prefer to simply do my own washing even though i have had free laundry for quite a long time 

My thought exactly.  I thought I was the only one disappointed at the prospect of losing the ability to do my own laundry.   I even select our room location to be convenient to the laundry room.  We'll give the free laundry a try, but I would like the option of doing my own.  However, I think it is a' health risk' based decision, so will be surprised if self service laundry is still available when we sail on the Splendor next March.

2 hours ago, Got2Cruise said:

What can I tell you? All I know is that was Regent was saying back in 2018. Also I’ve never been in the laundry room. Have you? 

I have....there is no room for another machine. They are huge.

16 minutes ago, FengShui@Sea said:

My thought exactly.  I thought I was the only one disappointed at the prospect of losing the ability to do my own laundry.   I even select our room location to be convenient to the laundry room.  We'll give the free laundry a try, but I would like the option of doing my own.  However, I think it is a' health risk' based decision, so will be surprised if self service laundry is still available when we sail on the Splendor next March.

I will be very surprised if there is a cruise in March...

I wonder if, as they get up and running, will they drop the after 6 dress code?   People will be dealing with masks and gloves and face shields, etc. and it might make the washing process more manageable with  easily laundered clothes.I'm thinking less dry cleaning and special laundry instructions.

14 minutes ago, Gcto said:

I hope not....:-)  I could think of all sorts of things once the rebels come on board 😁

Pcardad's statement is factual; you just can't show up in the theater or any of the lounges wearing pool grill attire unless it meets the after six country club casual definition.

Shorts, flip flops, tank tops; all fine at pool grill.

Marc

Edited by mrlevin

On 8/11/2020 at 11:48 AM, mrlevin said:

Scott, same issue for us and others, we are titanium with 300 days in advance versus 365; so our window just opened for Grand Arctic; now having to pick 60+ excursions which will probably change multiple times before sailing.

Regent actually caught up with our cruise the next day (though perhaps having my TA check helped?) with the 365 day advance window which had actually started 2 days earlier.  However, few knew/know of this change so we had no problem at all with signing up for everything we wanted and therefore put a good dent in our $1000 OBC (+the not yet shown $100 as compensation for the changes).

WRT the thread issue of laundry, as long as we get the same turn-around on our free laundry perk as platinums, and finding the internet (with four log-ins) adequate since we use it for email, reading mostly text editions of the WP, downloading the daily NYT crossword puzzle and receiving library ebooks--all of which are not demanding in terms of bandwidth--we survived the expansion of internet to all (though, yes, they need to improve it).

We aren't in the category of "we paid for these perks through years of cruising with Regent and it shouldn't be extended to more/all."  We enjoyed those perks longer than the newer folks and, as long as it doesn't deteriorate for us, we are happy for those who now have the benefits.  There may be some upgrades (beyond the $100/suite...a bit lame since it ought to be pp since we both are platinum) to the SS program, as well.  We'll see.

Edited by Portolan
  • Thanks 1