Regal Princess - what cabin grade is needed for club class dining?

Traderboy

Hi

We were booked in a window suite on Grand Princess which put us in the club class/ suite restaurant.

What grades of mini suite would get us the same on Regal Princess?

We are still awaiting new cabin allocation from Princess. Can we expect a full suite at window suite prices?

Many thanks for any observations .

I was originally booked in a club class mini suite for the same cruise. We swopped to a window suite at a very comparable price.

Another factor is that currently offered prices  for our cruise are much lower than when we booked.

Perhaps it would be best to take a hit on our deposit and book afresh?

Edited by Traderboy
Typo

On the Regal club class dining is available in mini suite categories M1 & M6. It's also available in all full suite categories, S3, S4 & S5. Full suites carry additional benefits like the special breakfast, laundry and others. Your Grand Princess window suite is considered a full suite.

You can easily review the cabin categories by looking at the on line deck plans on the Princess web site.

We were booked in a window suite on the Grand but now replaced by the Regal. We were given a full suite on Regal as there are  no window suites on Regal and on changeover a guarantee was given that you would be teansferred to a similar or better stateroom.

If you haven't been given a full suite then get on to your T/A or Princess to query this. We were re-allocated about 3 weeks ago.

Since your window suite on the Grand grave you all full suite privileges beyond club class you should be given a suite stateroom on the Regal with those same privileges!   Club class minis only get club class dining but not the other full suite extras

42 minutes ago, voljeep said:

was this a cruise where Princess swapped ships after you had booked ?

Yes it is a cruise from Southampton in 2021.

Was changed to Regal about 6 weeks ago but I’m still awaiting news of our new cabin allocation.

Many thanks to all who have commented. These comments are very helpful.

I am surprised you have not been allocated a suite on the Regal.  I think everyone else was reassigned (me included).  Most were given forward suites.  At least one was assigned a midship-aft on deck 14 due to mobility issues.  You should be contacting your travel agent.  The last time I looked, there were not many suites left.  

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I am surprised you have not been allocated a suite on the Regal.  I think everyone else was reassigned (me included).  Most were given forward suites.  At least one was assigned a midship-aft on deck 14 due to mobility issues.  You should be contacting your travel agent.  The last time I looked, there were not many suites left.  

We were the couple who were initially allocated the forward suite, but due to DH's mobility difficulties,  Princess changed us to a mid/aft suite on health and safety grounds.

I don't know if I would have been so patient as original poster, and defo would be on to Princess asap. 

Good luck Traderboy. Pls let us know how you get on.

Edited by crows nest club
typo

6 minutes ago, crows nest club said:

We were the couple who were initially allocated the forward suite, but due to DH's mobility difficulties,  Princess changed us to a mid/aft suite on health and safety grounds.

I don't know if I would have been so patient as original poster, and defo would be on to Princess asap. 

Good luck Traderboy. Pls let us know how you get on.

Thank you all for your very useful and helpful advice.

On accessing my account on on Princess.com  I can now see that we have been allocated a forward premium S5 suite on Baja deck. This will suit us very well.

We do not mind that it is so far from the central part of the ship, nor that it has a narrow balcony. The forward window in the bedroom looks fabulous.

Do we get complimentary access to the Spa?
what other benefits do we enjoy other than Club class dining. We are presently Platinum level Captains Club , though after this next cruise we will move up to Elite.

The cruise is still over a year off so we are hoping that cruising will be safe enough by then. Our last cruise ended on March 10th and we were so very lucky. The next one after ours stopped for good at the first Port!

5 minutes ago, Traderboy said:

We do not mind that it is so far from the central part of the ship, nor that it has a narrow balcony. The forward window in the bedroom looks fabulous.

We had an M6 mini on Marina on the Royal. That forward facing window in the bedroom was wonderful. Lie in bed at night and watch the stars!  That was possibly the best feature of the best cabin we've ever had.

19 minutes ago, Traderboy said:

On accessing my account on on Princess.com  I can now see that we have been allocated a forward premium S5 suite on Baja deck. This will suit us very well.

what other benefits do we enjoy other than Club class dining. We are presently Platinum level Captains Club , though after this next cruise we will move up to Elite.

The cruise is still over a year off so we are hoping that cruising will be safe enough by then. Our last cruise ended on March 10th and we were so very lucky. The next one after ours stopped for good at the first Port!

Screenshot_20200811-202311.png

6 hours ago, Traderboy said:

We were in a similar suite on the Aloha Deck on the Royal Princess. The balcony is narrow, but we still had plenty of room to enjoy an Ultimate Balcony Dinner as well as a couple of breakfasts. Most days, though, we went to the dining room for breakfast to enjoy the service and mimosas. 

Suite passengers on the Royal and Regal don't enjoy access to the Enclave. 

The front window is great. We asked our cabin steward to leave the shade open the whole time instead of putting it down each night. We're both tall, so we did have to learn to duck when we went near the sloped ceiling. 

10 hours ago, Traderboy said:

what other benefits do we enjoy other than Club class dining. 

The standard suite benefits are published on the web site.  I think two differences involved with the switch from the Grand to the Regal are:

- loss of access to the thermal Spa on the Regal (The Enclave requires payment)

- gain access to the concierge lounge 

In your case the latter is not as exciting as it sounds, it is quite a hike from one of the very lovely forward suites to the lounge which is near to the rear of the ship (and most of the non-forward suites).  If you getting all this for the window suite rate, best wishes that covid becomes behind us and you get to enjoy it.

4 hours ago, geoherb said:

The front window is great. We asked our cabin steward to leave the shade open the whole time instead of putting it down each night. 

The bridge officers may direct your shade to be closed at night.  It can interfere with safe nighttime navigation.  Probably best to keep the bedroom dim if the shade is open. Also be aware that the crew may be able to see you from their hot tub on the forecastle.

23 hours ago, Traderboy said:

Hi

We were booked in a window suite on Grand Princess which put us in the club class/ suite restaurant.

What grades of mini suite would get us the same on Regal Princess?

We are still awaiting new cabin allocation from Princess. Can we expect a full suite at window suite prices?

Many thanks for any observations .

You don't get anything extra re: Spa but you get the Concierge Lounge and the Concierge!!!! We used both a lot. The Concierge will make reservations for you that you couldn't get yourself. The Lounge has all day snacks , buffet breakfast and cold lunch , coffee, tea, sandwiches, wraps, cookies, fruit and a modest happy hour. You never have to stand on a line a guest services. All problems are resolved for you.

• Like 1

I don’t remember the name but it is on the fifth floor off the atrium on the left side of the ship. It is a portion carved out of the main dining room but has a separate roped entrance with no line. The tables have a long banquet of twos and window tables then larger tables in the middle. You have grey napkins with CC on them and a cook station for the extra appetizer/main or crepes for breakfast.