Holland America Line Extends Pause of Cruise Operations Through Dec. 15, 2020

xlxo

https://www.hollandamerica.com/blog/topics/news/holland-america-line-extends-pause-of-cruise-operations-through-dec-15-2020/

With the continuation of travel and port restrictions due to global health concerns, Holland America Line is extending its pause of cruise operations and cancelling departures on all ships through Dec. 15, 2020.

The pause extension affects Caribbean, Mexico, Panama Canal, Pacific Coastal, South America, Antarctica, Hawaii, South Pacific, Australia and Asia itineraries.

Edited by xlxo
  • Thanks 1

Just now, kazu said:

So it includes Dec. 15th sailings if I am reading it right?  Asking for the future cruise listing so I can get it right.  <sigh> 

It says, "...through December 15th", so yes - 12/15/2020 is included.

2 minutes ago, Taters said:

It says, "...through December 15th", so yes - 12/15/2020 is included.

That’s how i was interpreting it but wanted to make sure I understood it correctly

Thanks for doing so.  🙂 

Another cruise gone 😥  Maybe the 3rd time will be the charm to get our first 'free laundry' cruise (our first 4 star cruise).

Question:  We paid in full for this cruise using FCC from the previous cancelled cruise.  Anyone know if we just get the FCC back or if we get 125% back?  The wording isn't clear because rather than taking the FCC as a payment, they use it to reduce the cost of the package down to just the taxes and fees ($180 pp in our case).

Thanks!

31 minutes ago, fusion927 said:

Question:  We paid in full for this cruise using FCC from the previous cancelled cruise.  Anyone know if we just get the FCC back or if we get 125% back?  The wording isn't clear because rather than taking the FCC as a payment, they use it to reduce the cost of the package down to just the taxes and fees ($180 pp in our case).

Thanks!

The FCC is reinstated for it’s original amount. If you paid any additional cruise fare on top of the FCC (excluding taxes) you will get a new FCC for 125% of that amount only.

3 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

The FCC is reinstated for it’s original amount. If you paid any additional cruise fare on top of the FCC (excluding taxes) you will get a new FCC for 125% of that amount only.

Thanks...  The only additional was the taxes and fees which will eventually come back as a refund (I believe).  Hopefully the $250 OBC also makes it back!

12 minutes ago, fusion927 said:

Thanks...  The only additional was the taxes and fees which will eventually come back as a refund (I believe).  Hopefully the $250 OBC also makes it back!

onboard credits given as a booking perk/promotion are  non refundable and non transferable (unless you purchased onboard credit as a cruise planner item which will be refunded to original form of payment) . When you rebook with the FCC you are essentially starting from scratch at the then available pricing and promotions. Nothing carries over from the old booking. 

1 hour ago, fusion927 said:

Another cruise gone 😥  Maybe the 3rd time will be the charm to get our first 'free laundry' cruise (our first 4 star cruise).

Thanks!

I had a March cruise that was cancelled by HAL and we took the FCC.  We applied it to a Veendam sailing and that got cancelled too. Yesterday I asked my PCC to convert the FCC to a refund.  She processed the form and told me it will take 60 to 80 days for the refund to appear on my credit card.

Well...shi*.  

*shrugs*  I was expecting this.  At this point, I'm going to get a refund for what I deposited.  My FCC from my March cruise, I guess is going to remain a FCC.  I'm not going to reschedule again until the pandemic is over.  Hopefully HAL survives in some form.