PVP Question - Switching

Sundsgn

Curious - I am struggling with PVP, emailed a few weeks ago to try and get some details to book a cruise. I usually end up calling, but it is a struggle for me to phone, although have requested a few times over the last 7 years to get emails of options. So, I want to switch PVPs to hopefully find someone who will communicate with me the way I need them to. I was told I have to speak to my current PVP, and ask to be released from them in order to switch. This seems a bit over the top that I can’t use who I want, when I want to, especially since I’ve been told they aren’t commissioned more than once. Have I been told wrong?  I really don’t know the correct answer and I’ve been cruising for 20 years!

I would not be happy with the length of time it takes your PVP to respond either. Let me send a quick email to my PVP and ask her what the process is. I know I cannot give you the name of my PVP but let's see what she says. I will get back to this thread once I find something out.

Edited by cellfree

The only way I know to get recommendations of a new pvp is while on your cruise, like at a party for past guests, or on other social media.

My pvp seems to be on a prolonged health furlough. My first thought was having another baby, but when I email her I get several other pvps ext to try.

Mine seems to have been gone about since covid started, so I guess I wouldnt recommend her either lol.

Luckily found a good ta who prefers rcl but will book me on ccl.

13 minutes ago, cellfree said:

You can send an email to a new PVP and that PVP will send an email to her manager telling the manager that this person now wants to work with her and that will be changed.

But the problem is how to find a good new pvp

• Like 1

Had a really good PVP who retired. Was assigned a new PVP who was less than expected. Got recommendation of for a new PVP. When I talked to the new PVP, just had to send them an email saying I wanted them as my PVP npw. Now how to get you the name of a good PVP is the problem. Wish they would have a message system here where we could PM other members here. 

Somewhere in time I got a PVP who called incessantly.  I had booked my first Carnival cruise online so never used one initially.

I   learned  that he had never even been on cruise so knew nothing of the questions I asked.  Another friend worked as a PVP for Carnival (for a short time) and swore she'd only sail RCL...LOL

Maybe some have had luck and are happy with booking this way but I do it myself.  I don't see any value to having a PVP and for the most part,  they don't have a clue about cruising.  They're sales contractors.

I booked the first couple myself.  Then a PVP contacted me who I went through for couple.

During those few I realized I knew more then her.

The last straw was when she totally botched my cancelled cruise in SEPT to a new cruise.

I have since called the 800 # and everything switched the way it was supposed to be and received everything that was coming to me.

Back to doing it myself.

• Like 3

Many years ago I had a great PVP, who eventually left.  Then I had a crappy one and did everything myself.  The crappy one got furloughed during the COVID pandemic, and I have been assigned an awesome PVP.  He knows a lot about cruising, booking the right room, etc. so I am happy to have him in my corner.  

Our PVP communicates with us via text, Facebook, and email. The only time we ever need to speak on the phone is if it's something required on her end. I hate the phone and if I can avoid it, I do.

Your pvp will give you price quotes via email? We have had a couple pbps and they would never give quotes via email.

Always wanted us to call.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I prefer not to use a PVP. Based on my preferences, I’d rather use whoever answers the 1-800 or book myself online. I would never work around someone else’s schedule for travel related purchases and research is easy to do on your own to make informed decisions.

Edited by xDisconnections

12 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Your pvp will give you price quotes via email? We have had a couple pbps and they would never give quotes via email.

Always wanted us to call.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure why yours won't... You can get your prices online. They're not a huge secret. Mine knows I don't use the phone so if I ever need her for anything I can text or email. 

When we first stated cruising, as part of a group from our neighborhood. Shortly after that firs cruise, PVP contacted and we used for all future cruises until he got a different position with Carnival and he recommended a replacement.

We have used her ever since. Regarding cabin information she has access to much more information than you can see on the Carnival deck plans. She knows the ships and has cruised on several. When goes on cruises or land vacations, she always gives us the name, phone number and e-mail of her substitute. Works very well for us.

Our next cruises are our 50th and 51st on Carnival. She will be applying my 50% OBC on my 50th cruise and my wife's 50% OBC on our  51st cruise -- (if they happen - end of Nov, first of Dec, 2020. )  🙄

Edited by tandemcruzr
Spelling

So frustrating! Yes, I just like to start out initially with an email because then I have the dates/prices/needs/wants etc. all laid out on paper, and I can sort it better, present to the husband, and then call to finalize. It just drives me crazy that the ones I’ve been dealing with always want the phone call. I know they like to do this in real time but I can’t do that when I have to narrow down dates for PTO, school schedules etc. It’s already going to cost an arm and a leg cruising during peak times, I don’t see why a PVP just can’t work with me! If they are too busy then redirect people to PVPs that are email based. UGH! I also would just rather book myself, but the problem is it seems every time, there are cabins available that don’t show up online and limit your options.

This is why we book our own cruises through the Carnival website. No hassle and no potential PVP and/or TA drama. Research the cruise of your choice, go onto the Carnival website, input your VIFP information hit the complete button and pay. Then I just wait for the price reduction "ping" on my cell phone or computer and await the new onboard credits.

If you are unfortunately intimidated by technology, there are always family millennial members ready to assist. We are moving to an independent world. Let's get Technical Team!!!     

• Like 1

I had never used a PVP until this year, booking for the 8 of us, as I had always used a TA before, even though the TA's company would prefer we use "another" cruise line instead of Carnival, she would help me with info when needed. For the most part, my PVP was pretty good, although sometimes she didn't always get back with me in a certain amount of time, and I "wondered" why/where she was. I will say she did get my money back on my credit card in good time! 🙂

10 hours ago, jetsfan58 said:

This is why we book our own cruises through the Carnival website. No hassle and no potential PVP and/or TA drama.

I've booked all of my prior cruises on my own through the website.  Given my last FIVE cruise cancellations due to covid and dancing of the ships, and after the Carnival executive resolutions department contacted me....I requested and now have a fantastic PVP.  He's saved me a lot of stress on cancellations/re-bookings.