Movies about cruises

lenquixote66

44 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

Actually Hawn plays a rich ***** who's on her luxury yacht with her equally "I'm rich" husband.  She winds up falling overboard and getting amnesia.  She's claimed by a handyman she hired to remodel her onboard closet and then refused to pay him for it.  He says she's his wife (and mother to his 4 kids) to get paid back for the job.

Is that the movie with Kurt Russell ? If so ,they appear to have good chemistry together.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, drsel said:

Can anyone kindly rank the best Cruise movies.
I would like to watch the top 3.

Out To Sea - for zany comedy - Walter  Matthau and Jack Lemmon

Ship of Fools - for historic drama -  Simone Signoret and Oskar Werner (I suppose Vivian Leigh was female star - but was out-shone).

An Affair to Remember - for classic Hollywood gooey romance - Deborah Kerr and Cary Grant.

Edited by navybankerteacher
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Perhaps it is a NY thing 😀

HaHa!!  Season 3 has a dramatic ending.

There is a Hallmark movie Love at Sea --filmed on a Royal ship.  Plot is formula HM romance but ship scenes are worthwhile if you are a RCI fan.

Just now, Tom47 said:

There is a Hallmark movie Love at Sea --filmed on a Royal ship.  Plot is formula HM romance but ship scenes are worthwhile if you are a RCI fan.

Just now, Tom47 said:

I watched seasons one and  two in 7 days.I am going to start season three later.

I don’t know if you know this but the actor who plays Nicholas is fluent in English as is the actor who plays Pierre and the actress who plays Cassandra.

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

I watched seasons one and  two in 7 days.I am going to start season three later.

I don’t know if you know this but the actor who plays Nicholas is fluent in English as is the actor who plays Pierre and the actress who plays Cassandra.

I didn't know that.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

True but in the early days there were no such thing as cruises so now they are “lumped “ into a cruise category.

Definitely. We sailed NCL's  'The Norway" cruise ship. It was originally an Ocean Liner 'The France'.

So, in that case, my favorite movie about a ship on the water is: "The Legend of 1900".

23 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

Different folks, different strokes.  DW and I were to celebrate our 50th anniversary this spring aboard Adventure OTS.  It was cancelled due to Covid 19.  We have booked a 52nd anniversary cruise in 2022.  Our 2021 booking was also cancelled on Odyssey OTS.

33 minutes ago, leen50 said:

Definitely. We sailed NCL's  'The Norway" cruise ship. It was originally an Ocean Liner 'The France'.

So, in that case, my favorite movie about a ship on the water is: "The Legend of 1900".

My father came to the US by ship in 1913.There were activities such as shuffleboard.While I would not call it a cruise I sort of do.

4 hours ago, whogo said:

Many of the listed movies are ocean liner movies, not cruise movies.

So I suppose a movie shot on board Cunard’s QM2 would be characterized differently if the itinerary was a 12 day round trip to the Caribbean from New York or a 14 day back-to-back trans-Atlantic sailing New York to Southampton to New York.

Sounds like pettifoggery to me - shot on a ship should be sufficient.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2020 at 6:05 PM, lenquixote66 said:

Am I the only one currently watching a High Seas ?

No. I love that show. I’m on season 3. Hope it’s not a spoiler, but I find it super ironic that this season is about a virus on a ship. Wonder if they came up with that storyline before the pandemic.

7 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

Thought of another one:  Goliath Awaits.  Kinda creepy but it's on a ship.

Omg, that movie came out when I was a little kid. I remember watching it on TV. It was a bit traumatizing when you’re like 7 years old. The image of the woman looking through the porthole underwater still haunts me. 😂

On 8/12/2020 at 1:13 PM, electro said:

Hotel Transylvania 3 : Summer Vacation

Haha, my kids went to see that movie with my wife, and then they came home and said that I “HAD” to go see it, so I took them for their second time. It was good! 

1 hour ago, dolittle said:

The first Gidget is good I love Sandra Dee. The one without her are bad.

"The one without her"?   Which one was that -- the series was a slippery slope of B-movie descending down to somewhere south of Z:  Gidget Goes To Rome, Gidget Grows Up, Gidget Goes Hawaiian, Gidget Gets Married, Gidget's Summer something -- and at least one more.  It seemed that every year a new one came out with a new little perky newcomer embarrassing herslf.