Movies about cruises

lenquixote66

I just thought of another movie I recently watched on Netflix. It’s called Yucatán and it’s on a cruise ship between Spain and Mexico. It was filmed on Pullmantur’s Sovereign. I really enjoyed it. 

And I thought of another one: Boat Trip, with Cuba Gooding Jr. Yes, it’s a cruise ship movie, but, between the terrible humor, and the blatant stereotypes, this move Is pretty bad. 

I would assume somewhere there are movie adaptations of the original and most epic cruise of all time, The Odyssey😜.

To add to the list of films set on conventional cruise ships😉 the Hong Kong film Fascination Amour, Indian film U Me Aur Hum and horror film Triangle.

17 hours ago, Tapi said:

No. I love that show. I’m on season 3. Hope it’s not a spoiler, but I find it super ironic that this season is about a virus on a ship. Wonder if they came up with that storyline before the pandemic.

I binge watched all 3 seasons in 7 days.I thought the same thing about the virus especially since some people including a well known movie Director believe that the virus was manufactured in a European lab.

On 8/15/2020 at 8:46 PM, Tapi said:

Haha, my kids went to see that movie with my wife, and then they came home and said that I “HAD” to go see it, so I took them for their second time. It was good! 

Yeah, I watched it because it was set on a cruise ship. I though it was a fun movie.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ldubs said:

If cruisin' instead of cruises, then American Graffiti. 😄

That was a great movie.It had all the unknown actors like Harrison Ford and Richard Dreyfus.Did you ever see Lords of Flatbush ? It starred unknowns Henry Winkler and Sylvester Stallone.It is supposed to be Brooklyn in 1958.

15 minutes ago, Ashland said:

WOW...has this original topic (question) the OP posted gone overboard fast :classic_unsure:

Indeed - and congratulations on the nautical terminology, presumably to keep us somewhat on course.

🚣🏻‍♂️🚢⛴🛳🛥🚤

Edited by navybankerteacher
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

That was a great movie.It had all the unknown actors like Harrison Ford and Richard Dreyfus.Did you ever see Lords of Flatbush ? It starred unknowns Henry Winkler and Sylvester Stallone.It is supposed to be Brooklyn in 1958.

I did see Lords of Flatbush -- many moons ago.  I actually grew up near Modesto where the American Graffiti story was supposed to have been.  

Sorry everyone for the slight detour. 

Take care.  

53 minutes ago, ldubs said:

I did see Lords of Flatbush -- many moons ago.  I actually grew up near Modesto where the American Graffiti story was supposed to have been.  

Sorry everyone for the slight detour. 

Take care.  

My last post on this off topic.I grew up near Flatbush.It was wonderful time to live in Brooklyn.

We now resume to discussing cruising.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/15/2020 at 9:29 PM, navybankerteacher said:

"The one without her"?   Which one was that -- the series was a slippery slope of B-movie descending down to somewhere south of Z:  Gidget Goes To Rome, Gidget Grows Up, Gidget Goes Hawaiian, Gidget Gets Married, Gidget's Summer something -- and at least one more.  It seemed that every year a new one came out with a new little perky newcomer embarrassing herslf.

She was only in the first one . She is good and very under rated she had a lot of hits . 

2 hours ago, biker@sea said:

Huckleberry Finn started his Mississippi River Cruise in a canoe, then a raft, and onto a steamship, etc. 😁

Your mentioning Huckleberry Finn reminds me of a cruise movie - essentially a true story based on one of the very first real cruises:  Innocents Abroad - the cruise taking place in the 1870’s or 1880’s.  (Unless you want to call Jason and the Argonauts a cruise movie).

8 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

The Golden Rendezvous, from the book by Alistair MacLean.

Cargo ship carrying passengers.

I remember that one.  I enjoyed all of his books.  It has been so many years I should probably reread them.  Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
We just discovered an interesting one:  "U Me aur Hum".  It's an Indian (Bollywood) movie, a very good one, from 2008, and it is set on Star Cruises' Star Libra.  It's available with English subtitles, and well worth watching.

If you like Bollywood movies, than please watch Dil dhadakne do (Let your heart beat). 

It's a fabulous movie set on Pullmantur Cruises' ship MS Sovereign, while sailing across the Mediterranean and Europe, and on land in France, Spain, Tunisia, Turkey and Italy.

8 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

I remember watching Poseidon Adventure the night before a cruise.

2 hours ago, XBGuy said:

Post #1.

Post #1 -- Of course!  Haha

I remember watching Memphis Belle during a flight from SFO to EWR.  I wondered what were they thinking.