Movies about cruises

lenquixote66

6 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

D'oh.  [Palm slap to forehead]

Maybe I need to get some lessons on how to use a computer.  It might help me quote the right person.  Then, again, maybe not.

🥵

No worries, Haha.   I actually scrolled through the entire thread looking for the Poseidon Adv thinking it had to be there.   I just never checked the OP's first post.  I did do the palm slap to forehead!  😄

18 minutes ago, ldubs said:

No worries, Haha.   I actually scrolled through the entire thread looking for the Poseidon Adv thinking it had to be there.   I just never checked the OP's first post.  I did do the palm slap to forehead!  😄

I happen to know the OP personally.I can assure you that he would never have forgotten about the Poseidon Adventure.😀

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/23/2020 at 2:48 AM, shipgeeks said:

Just discovered another Indian movie set on a ship:  "Mann", filmed onboard Galileo Galilei/Meridian/Sun Vista.

I think the Sun Vista caught fire and subsequently sank after the movie was shot

Edited by drsel

54 minutes ago, ed01106 said:

I don’t think anyone has mentioned the greatest one ever.....Gilligan’s Island.  It starts out as a cruise of sorts.

This is luring the thread onto a very slippery slope - once every activity involving a boat is deemed relevant, we should start including nursery rhymes such as The Owl and the Pussycat - and Rub-a-dub-dub, Three Men in a Tub.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ed01106 said:

I don’t think anyone has mentioned the greatest one ever.....Gilligan’s Island.  It starts out as a cruise of sorts.

Perhaps it's generational. The African Queen is the greatest boat trip movie of all time. 😁

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

This is luring the thread onto a very slippery slope - once every activity involving a boat is deemed relevant, we should start including nursery rhymes such as The Owl and the Pussycat - and Rub-a-dub-dub, Three Men in a Tub.

It is not on a slippery slope.  It went over the edge on page one.  Gilligans Island was more of a “cruise “ than hunt for red october.  And I was referring to the movie remakes not the TV show.  

4 hours ago, ed01106 said:

"The mate was a mighty sailing man
The skipper brave and sure
Five passengers set sail that day
For a three hour tour, a three hour tour"

😀😀😀

15 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

yes we would like to watch Cruise movies where most of the scenes are shot on a modern day Cruise ship.

Like Father is a good example and also a decent movie.

are there any more movies shot mainly on a modern day Cruise ship, where we can actually see the live functioning, activities, etc?

15 minutes ago, drsel said:

yes we would like to watch Cruise movies where most of the scenes are shot on a modern day Cruise ship.

are there any more movies shot mainly on a modern day Cruise ship, where we can actually see the live functioning, activities, etc?

Maybe Let Them All Talk?

• Thanks 1

On 2/2/2021 at 1:12 PM, drsel said:

I think the Sun Vista caught fire and subsequently sank after the movie was shot

You are correct.  One of our cabin stewards on Silhouette was onboard Sun Vista at that time.  All aboard were saved.

3 hours ago, drsel said:

Love at Sea, a Hallmark romance filmed on Harmony of the Seas.

Edited by broberts
  • Thanks 1

On 8/12/2020 at 4:45 AM, lenquixote66 said:

I am currently watching High Seas on Netflix.Aside from the Poseidon Adventure can anyone name some others ?

high seas is excellent drama with non stop action.

it's set on a cruise ship in the forties soon after the world war 2.

you can see exactly how cruising has evolved in the last 75 years

21 hours ago, drsel said:

21 hours ago, drsel said:

In my opinion High Seas is not high quality.

6 minutes ago, drsel said:

Oh, I thought that you were watching it avidly.

So which are the best quality, please?

I did watch it and recommended it to people.However,it is not like watching a Scorsese film.TV shows or movies who have characters who play two different roles are usually bad.The only one that was good was Legend .