New Promo --- YIKES!!!!

drvmywifecrzy

This promo is also valid for the 2022 cruises too. I have an eye for a 2022 cruise and this promo is making me want to book it
My price went down $1000 for our 2 cabins, but lose $400 once and it also looks like we lose the free at sea and get to choose 2 promos instead. I dont really care about free kids or the port credits but did like the internet package. Guess with a $600 savings I could purchase it and still save $.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Forums mobile app

My price went down $1000 for our 2 cabins, but lose $400 once and it also looks like we lose the free at sea and get to choose 2 promos instead. I dont really care about free kids or the port credits but did like the internet package. Guess with a $600 savings I could purchase it and still save $.

That was supposed to be "$400 obc".

43 minutes ago, roger001 said:

This promo, along with mostly higher prices, actually has taken away, not added or maintained.  And "employee pricing", that's a car dealership marketing gimmick.  

Yes--"employee pricing"...used cars, mattresses, and appliances.  NCL is just missing the inflatable waving arms man.😁

• Like 11
  • Haha 7

5 minutes ago, jaja said:

Yes--"employee pricing"...used cars, mattresses, and appliances.  NCL is just missing the inflatable waving arms man.😁

Some people will still fall for it. There's a great saying by PT Barnum about this.

• Like 2

My cruise went down about 600 for an Aug  2021 Med cruise that I booked a year and half ago.  I am keeping the dinner and drink package 

Edited by bina
added the date

7 hours ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

Looks like this reflects the desire to fill fewer cabins in the next 12 months or so

image.thumb.png.e03c466ea76c0ee0969879d5e92877b9.png

We booked on the Escape next November using our FCC, it was a good price, plus we got prepaid gratuities which will give us another 567 dollars savings. We don't plan on booking anything else....

10 minutes ago, tokidoki said:

confused y a cruise on the Joy for 4 days to Bermuda from NY in late August,  is the only date not even listed when I look????  2021?

they are changing some of the joy bermuda cruises

It would seem that demand has caught up with supply for the next year. We have one booked that will probably be canceled so we'll move that but not booking anything else at these prices. 

I have two future booked cruises and repriced both of them.  On one, we rebooked and save $800 pp, on the other we would lose our generous OBC and not save so we left that one alone.  It’s all in paying attention to the details.

• Like 3

It’s a good deal for us... we had the all the things promo before and I could care less about the excursion credit or the wifi... this promo saved us $1.5k, but I have to pay my gratuities now and for specialty dining... we took the bev package and the 3rd sails for cheaper...

• Like 2

I did a mock booking.  From my recent Feb 2020 cruise: Same ship (Encore) from same port (Miami) same date 2 years later (February 2022) same itinerary (eastern).  The price was about the same.  The only difference was now the dining package only includes 2 dinners and not 3.  Nothing to make you jump and book a cruise.  Its almost like the pandemic is not happening with pricing.

Now if prices do come down, then maybe there is a cruise in my future.   I must admit, it made me a bit sad to do the mock booking.  None of us know what cruising is going to be like even in 2022.  We still will have Covid in 2022 even if a vaccine develops.  The Joy sails from Miami and I swore I would never sail that ship because of no spa.  But then it hit me with Covid, I doubt the spas will reopen until Covid is snuffed out (which could be a long time).

I just dont see how NCL can ask these prices with the economy shrinking 33% and unemployment so high.  If I did see a substantial price drop for cruises in 2022, then just maybe I will take the bait.

I just dont think I could enjoy a cruise as much with all this Covid stuff even if they resume during the pandemic (which is unlikely).

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 1