New Promo --- YIKES!!!!

drvmywifecrzy

2 hours ago, mertziek said:

I have two future booked cruises and repriced both of them.  On one, we rebooked and save $800 pp, on the other we would lose our generous OBC and not save so we left that one alone.  It’s all in paying attention to the details.

Well I just could not let it sit and called our PCC about the second cruise.  By rebooking, even though in a Sold Out Room category, we are saving an additional $366 plus the amount of our generous OBC.  Moral of the story - it never hurts to ask them to rework the numbers.  So I’m saving on my two future booked cruises and very satisfied.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

Yea, really depends on each case.  I am in Haven (so I still get all 5), and while I lose 600 OBC, I gain 1700 in cash savings.  I take that every day and twice on Sunday.

And in my case, booked in an Aft Penthouse on the Jewel from Panama to NYC in 2022, I checked the new promo fare.  While the fare would drop $1395, I would lose the $600 OBC AND flight to Panama and from NYC home. So it's not worth having to buy flights for an unknown amount in 2 years.

NCL giveth and NCL taketh away...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, coin ops said:

And in my case, booked in an Aft Penthouse on the Jewel from Panama to NYC in 2022, I checked the new promo fare.  While the fare would drop $1395, I would lose the $600 OBC AND flight to Panama and from NYC home. So it's not worth having to buy flights for an unknown amount in 2 years.

NCL giveth and NCL taketh away...

And on my other booked cruise the price is up over $200....

Looks like this reflects the desire to fill fewer cabins in the next 12 months or so

image.thumb.png.e03c466ea76c0ee0969879d5e92877b9.png

I booked 2/2022 a couple of weeks ago. With this promo it’s $200 less pp. yes, lose the $200 OBC, but, still $200 ahead. WiFi isn’t any good so don’t care about that and we book our own excursions that are at least $50 less anyway, so for us, it’s a win.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 2

here's what i think is an interesting observation. we have booked a 2 bedroom suite on the  jade from amsterdam to copenhagen on july 4, 2021. me, my wife and grandson (it's his college graduation present) in any event, now that ncl is offering the 20% off, the same cabin is $1,000 more money. think about it... just saying

13 hours ago, oteixeira said:

Yea, really depends on each case.  I am in Haven (so I still get all 5), and while I lose 600 OBC, I gain 1700 in cash savings.  I take that every day and twice on Sunday.

Totally agree.  Each booking is different and the only way to know how it will turn out for you is to work the numbers paying attention to what perks you currently have, what perks you get with the new offer, and how important they are to you before you decide.  You almost need a degree in accounting to figure some of this out!

• Like 2

LOL, I booked back in Jan a 15 day trans Atlantic for April, total price including pre paid DSC, insurance was $5190. Mock booking on same cruise not even including DSC or insurance is $8751. This cruise does not have the 20% off promo

Edited by njkate

I checked on the Mimai roundtrip in Oct 2021 on the Joy i am planning to sail with.

Before it was 2620 Euros, now it is 2250 Euros. So it is cheaper.Not be 20%,but cheaper.

But i do doubt that there will be cruising without restrictions in Oct 2021 out of the US, so i still have a lot time to decide.

15 hours ago, complawyer said:

here's what i think is an interesting observation. we have booked a 2 bedroom suite on the  jade from amsterdam to copenhagen on july 4, 2021. me, my wife and grandson (it's his college graduation present) in any event, now that ncl is offering the 20% off, the same cabin is $1,000 more money. think about it... just saying

For the most part it's like their Black Friday 30% off sale last year, they raised the prices. Some make out but most do not

rebooked sept 2022 10 day canada/new england from nyc on Joy; with last promo for Aft Haven was $13804 minus 320ish free gratuities and 1500 OBC from TA; bottom line $11984; with new deal for same cabin, lost free gratuities and although room started at 7100 vs 6600 pp, with the 20% now it becomes $12032 for cabin but we pay gratuities and a 1200 OBC = $11152;  so it is an $800+ savings; my numbers are rounded a bit but still no complaints here;

• Like 2

With so many people having used FCCs for booked cruises the only way to really find out if there is any benefit from the present offer is to ask you PCC to check your bookings.   I did and one "improved".

Thus saying I don't know if a TA would or could do that.

I called and had my 2 B2B cruises repriced to this promo.  It saves me $450.  This is the second promo in a row I’ve repriced to.  Yes, I gave up the Dining Package and Internet elements of the Free at Sea, but I don’t value them all that much. I also lost $200 in OBC, but that is also built into the $450 gain.  Since I’m Platinum, I’ll get 2 specialty meals and 100 internet minutes per cruise anyway.  My 2 solo Mediterranean cruises are becoming quite affordable.  Now if only we actually safely sail!

Edited by MeHeartCruising