Viking Sky Cabin 8004

Beachvue

On the recent World Cruise, one of the pax in a Deck 8 cabin didn't enjoy the motion when crossing the Pacific Ocean & Tasman Sea. They rarely left the cabin when the ship was moving, especially when close to the Tropical Revolving Storms and major depression.

Unfortunately, they rarely left the cabin, when heading down to Deck 1 would have been a better option.

Also knew a pax in Deck 7, that wasn't too happy with the movement up that high.

1 hour ago, Heidi13 said:

On the recent World Cruise, one of the pax in a Deck 8 cabin didn't enjoy the motion when crossing the Pacific Ocean & Tasman Sea. They rarely left the cabin when the ship was moving, especially when close to the Tropical Revolving Storms and major depression.

Unfortunately, they rarely left the cabin, when heading down to Deck 1 would have been a better option.

Also knew a pax in Deck 7, that wasn't too happy with the movement up that high.

Right you are.  On the London to LA WC a few times pax from 8 deck chose to sleep in the 1 Deck Living Room.  Ship motion can affect everyone differently.  Even though I worked at sea, sometimes it would cause me discomfort.  Depended on the ship and motion.  😎

• Like 1

The more you pay, the more you sway, as conventional wisdom says.  Low and in the middle is the place for those who don't like the motion of the ocean.  We lived on boats for 37 years and want to be rocked to sleep but that sure isn't fore everyone.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Right you are.  On the London to LA WC a few times pax from 8 deck chose to sleep in the 1 Deck Living Room.  Ship motion can affect everyone differently.  Even though I worked at sea, sometimes it would cause me discomfort.  Depended on the ship and motion.  😎

So true Jim, the ship's loading can significantly impact the motion in the ocean.

Have seen some salty seadogs with 40+ yrs at sea, with salt water in their veins, drop like a fly when the ship starts rockin ' an a rollin'. We also spent years learning the science behind ship stability and movement, but it never ceases to amaze me, on the non-Viking Boards, when the armchair experts, with a few cruises under their belt, always know better.🙁

• Like 1

We had room 8008 and 8010 on the Viking Homelands in May of 2019 and loved it!  No excessive movement noticed and the privacy of the hallway and quick access to the Explorer's Lounge was wonderful!

• Like 1

We were in 8000 last winter and loved the location (we were able to access the upper level of the Explorer's Lounge right outside our door!) but did fine that the two rough sea days were pretty crazy up there!  The movement didn't bother us at night while in bed asleep but found that getting up and out and down to the 2nd level was the best way to "weather" the rough seas.  Fortunately the living room bar was open and the bartenders were very adept at mixing drinks despite the rough seas!  Other than that it was a great location ... very quiet most of the time!  

• Like 1