Construction pictures?

On 8/16/2020 at 6:54 AM, johnnyswitzerland said:

Agreed.  Ocean Bar on the K doesn't have the same gracious, open feel as on the Vista and Signature ships, surrounding the top of the atrium. So strange to me that they would put Guest Services in that space. But I also really missed the lovely, traditionally nautical Explorers Lounge.

Agreed, but since HAL cut the Ocean Bar entertainment, it has become a rather pointless lounge anyways....IMO.  

20 hours ago, Aquahound said:

Agreed, but since HAL cut the Ocean Bar entertainment, it has become a rather pointless lounge anyways....IMO.  

When I was aboard Nieuw Statendam, there was a piano player in the aft section of the Ocean Bar.  At times.  If one was sitting at the Bar or in the forward section, I doubt that one would have none so.  If one wants to start a poll on the most poorly designed public room aboard a ship, I would vote for this abomination.  

6 hours ago, Vic The Parrot said:

Too bad they can't change the funnel ... ya know, give her the traditional Rotterdam twin stacks.

Drink a couple of Wang Wangs, then look at the funnel.........maybe 2 stacks, maybe 3 stacks, maybe more stacks 😁

Edited by VMax1700
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Nice choice of godmother for the ship.  Ties it all together :- ship name, registry, godmother. (makes more sense than KDM's)

The "madrina" at this launch ceremony only puts the coin on the new ship for good luck.

Later there will be another godmother attending the christening ceremony (date and venue not yet announced, but I believe to be in the city of Rotterdam) and she will smash the champagne bottle over the bow of the ship. Generally this lady will be regarded as the real godmother.

Below is the content from "Cruise Port Rotterdam" Facebook page

(Google translated)

Mai Elmar 'Madrina' by ms Rotterdam VII of Holland America Line

Mai Elmar, executive director of Cruise Port Rotterdam, has been asked by the president of Holland America Line to be 'Madrina' of the new cruise ship ms Rotterdam VII. The Madrina is the one who puts the coin under the front mast of the newly built ship for good luck. A beautiful tradition in shipbuilding and an honorable assignment.
Rotterdam is the city with a large passenger transport history and where Holland America Lijn started in 1873. In 1872 the first ' Mint ' was placed under the front mast of the first ship called ' Rotterdam '.
The same Dutch coin - from 1872-was today, October 1, laid by Mai Elmar at the shipyard in Marghera (Italy), where ms Rotterdam VII is being built.
Mai Elmar: ′′ In the letter from the president of Holland America Line, Gus Antorcha, he says that our team with me as a bow, stands for successful development of cruise in Rotterdam, but also contributed positively to the image of the cruise - industry in the Netherlands and beyond. This is a great honor due to the entire team of Cruise Port Rotterdam."
′′ We have achieved the success of cruise in Rotterdam together with many parties and services ", continues Mai Elmar, ′′ a beautiful moment for us as a team and for port and city Rotterdam." Mai Elmar is especially Holland America Line, Port of Rotterdam and the municipality of Rotterdam thankful for the continued support and cooperation.
(Photos: (1) right after the announcement 'Madrina' at HAL in Rotterdam, with Nico Bleichrodt and Sibrand Hassing.
(2) after coin today at the shipyard in Italy)

Image may contain: 3 people, indoor

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and suit

Image may contain: 1 person, standing and hat

Edited by Cruise Wonderland
  • Like 2