Wind Spirit just set sail for Papeete Tahiti

Mercruiser

16 hours ago, dandee2 said:

It just arrived. I saw photo on a Facebook page. It needs a cleanup as the Pacific is hard on the paint LOL

Ask the owner of the page to be a member: 

Just arrived and will likely be sailing of to points unknown since 2020 cruises have been cancelled. Sigh.

• 1 month later...
On 10/17/2020 at 7:49 AM, minidonuts85 said:

Appears to be on the move again past Tahaa and heading to Tahara Japan. 2ffa2661f05be818bdab4ad28f546fed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This likely means there will be no Tahiti cruises anytime soon. When will Windstar let booked pax know that their early 2021 cruises are a no go? Final payments for the January sailings are due now, and I was just wondering who would be making them? WIndstar has not updated their web site regarding cruise delays since August 27. They have been lax on keeping customers up to date and apprised of their plans. 

Susiesan,

HOW could WS possibly know what will happen to cruises in January when resumption of cruises depends on the FP government and the state of COVID on the islands? COVID is currently ravaging FP- the FP president has it. I was anticipating that any day it could be locked up again. How can WS make plans?

Halting sailings for this fall WS was protecting guests wisely.

And not being certain of sailings this winter or hereafter is not WS fault. The environment is capricious and under no one's control. Wind Spirit won't sail unless the the winds of fate blow gently, and it's pointless to fuss at WS. Release your frustration for sure, but there's no one to blame.

• Like 1

I don'y know much about maritime laws but as a private pilot, there are some procedure you need to do to keep your licence "active". Maybe the same thing applies to cruise ship crew/captain where they need to navigate a certain # of days/hours per month.