Post photos of your wedding crafts here!

carrievision

Hi, everyone. I just e-mailed the newsletter to those who requested it last week--sorry for the delay. it was an insane work week and then I was in Chicago for my bachelorette party. Please let me know if you don't receive the file.

rara0508--I'm happy to brainstorm with you. I'm in the process of writing our second one giving some additional information to guests.

~Traci

Evening all,

I have managed to grow my newsletter into 4 pages... This is the first of 3 so it is including photos and fun stuff. the next 2 won't be quite so elaborate.

I have also just finished making little "boarding pass" tags that I am attaching to our goodie bags as decoration.

I don't seem to be smart enough to figure out how to show it to you here in the thread, but I will be happy to share via email if anyone is interested.

Thanks stevesgirl1111! I am going to go check out some stores around here - we don't have a Hobby Lobby, but I'm sure that I'll be able to find something. Was it cheaper to make the flowers yourself than to upgrade using the Wedding Experience's flowers? If I find some silk flowers that I like, I'll send you an e-mail to see how you did it. Did you make bouteniers too?

Kadiebug12,

I noticed in some of the pictures you posted, your reception table had centerpeices and hurricane lamps in addition to the votives you made. Did you order these or bring them yourself. Also did you provide the rose petals. I am trying to decorate my tables with rose petals and am not sure how many I need.

Karen

Hi Isabelle21,

You're welcome! To be honest I didn't really check to see how much it would have been to upgrade to what I wanted. My guess is that it would have been pretty expensive but it's worth checking into. The other reason that I wanted to make silk is so that I could keep my bouquet. I have heard that you are not allowed to take your bouquet off of the ship unless you hide it. I have not made the boutonieres (sp???) yet but I am going to. My MOH's mom has made silk flowers (of all types) for weddings in the past so I am going to have her show me how to do it. Right now I am working on a cake topper using the same roses that are in my bouquet. Not sure how it will turn out...we'll see:) It's kind of hard considering that I have no idea what size the top layer of the cake will be. Let me know if you decide to go with silk and I will do my best to help!

Kadiebug12,

I noticed in some of the pictures you posted, your reception table had centerpeices and hurricane lamps in addition to the votives you made. Did you order these or bring them yourself. Also did you provide the rose petals. I am trying to decorate my tables with rose petals and am not sure how many I need.

Karen

Hi Karen-

The floral centerpieces we ordered, they were like 50.00 a piece, we only ordered 2, 1 for our table and 1 for another table. They were 50.00 a piece I think. I sent TWE pictures of what I had in mind and they gave me quotes and then provided. The rose pedals were done through TWE as well. I ordered them for each table and it was 10-15 dollars per table, but a beautiful decoration. I was sure to ask the manager at Sabatini's to use white linens to make the petals "pop" against the linens and they were more than happy to oblige. You could also use silk or other petals and get the same look, I'd say a bag like you'd get at a craft store would be enough for 2-3 tables depending on how many you want on each table. The hurricane lamps I brought myself. I bought them at Wal Mart for under 2.00 a piece and the candles were dirt cheap at Target. The staff at Sabatini's set up the tables (even putting the rose petals on our sweetheart table in the shape of a heart) and lit all the candles in the hurricanes and votives. They even dimmed the lights, when walked in it was gorgeous. They actually got a real kick out of it and were excited to do the decorating (of course I assumed my friends and I would be stuck decorating but they did it all). The onboard coordinator took delivery of all my decorations and pictures of what I wanted the tables to look like and they took it from there, they even put the favors out on the tables too.

Hope that helps.

Kadie

Evening all,

I have managed to grow my newsletter into 4 pages... This is the first of 3 so it is including photos and fun stuff. the next 2 won't be quite so elaborate.

I have also just finished making little "boarding pass" tags that I am attaching to our goodie bags as decoration.

I don't seem to be smart enough to figure out how to show it to you here in the thread, but I will be happy to share via email if anyone is interested.

Hi Rara0508...can you share it with me as well...

my-special-day@hotmail.com

Thanks a bunch

I tried to email the vendor that kadiebug used but his address didn't work. If you aren't able to get through to him either I have another vendor that someone recommended. The shirts look very similar--may even be the same vendor but a different email. I will email the address to you!

Hi-

I got the Tshirts from a vendor on Ebay. I actually do have 2 e mail addresses for him, so if the one I provided didn't work it might be that one of the two that I have isn't good any longer. Basically, I did a search on Ebay for customer tshirt lots and that's how I found it. I'll be happy to send you both e mail addresses I have for him if you'd like them. My e mail is kadiebug12(nospam)@hotmail.com without the no spam part. :)

I would love to take a peek at both of your newsletters. I desperately have to get some info out to my guests and do not know where to begin. We are getting married on 11/19/2006 on the Carnival Liberty - I can't wait!

Thanks in advance - you ladies are so helpful here on the cc threads!

Jessica - jnj0292@yahoo.com

Also, stevesgirl1111 - your flowers look awesome. You are my inspiration for making my own DIY bouquet. Now if I can only decide on a color.......

• 2 weeks later...

Archived