Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Host Jazzbeau

Staterooms on Renovated Motor Yachts

As the Star Plus Initiative finally nears completion, it is time to get ready to compare the old cabin numbers and details to the new ones – and to begin compiling passenger reviews of the new cabins.

First up:  a spreadsheet showing all cabins before and after the Star Plus renovations.  The old information is on the left, with the corresponding information following on the right.  This should help long-time Windstar cruisers see how their notes and memories from prior cruises map onto the new numbering system.

All info was taken from Windstar's official deck plans:  Voyage Collection 2019-2020 brochure for old, website as of Aug. 15, 2020 for new.

It prints on Legal size paper. 

Windstar Power Vessels Cabins (old vs new).pdf

Next up:  a smaller spreadsheet showing all cabins after the Star Plus renovations. 

All info was taken from the Windstar website as of Aug. 15, 2020.

It prints on Letter size paper. 
Windstar Power Vessels Cabins (Star Plus).pdf

On thing I’m curious about is the number of adjoining rooms post rehab. We were booked on the Breeze for this summer (cancelled obviously) and were supposed to be in 520. Our TA confirmed it was an adjoining room but also agreed it made no sense since it was an original room and wasn’t adjoining pre-refit.

I’m very curious to know what the reality is once we can finally see the interiors.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Seems to me the pre-refit rooms became "adjoining" by opening the two inner cabin doors and closing the outer door to the hallway.  So 520 and 518 should still be adjoining, as 220 and 218 were before.