HAL website down for maintenance???

semibeater

Someone must be very peeeed off that they didn't receive their FCC's or refund yet and launched a ransomware attack 😲 or else the attackers don't expect to get paid for at least 120 days 😭

Shame that CCL didn't have the decency to say which brand had been affected.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Someone must be very peeeed off that they didn't receive their FCC's or refund yet and launched a ransomware attack 😲 or else the attackers don't expect to get paid for at least 120 days 😭

Shame that CCL didn't have the decency to say which brand had been affected.

It is pretty obvious that HAL was effected. I just now tried to call HAL which I have several times the last few days, today all it is doing is ringing once then hangs up.

On 8/16/2020 at 7:39 AM, semibeater said:

This is the msg I'm getting on all browsers and log ins. Anyone else?

Please enter a valid email address and password.

• Your session has expired. Please sign in again.

I got the same error message on Seabourn yesterday.  Data breach must be HAL and Seabourn.   I hope they get it under control soon.  I could log in today but couldn’t get the information I was looking for in my Seabourn account.

Ransomware attacks take time to recover from.  One of my accounts had this happen a little over three weeks ago and they are still not live with their software.  Building all servers fresh.  Also, paying the ransom does not mean your software will be decrypted.

Filed 8-K.   Scott. 

Item 8.01 Other Events.

On August 15, 2020, Carnival Corporation and Carnival plc (together, the “Company,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) detected a ransomware attack that accessed and encrypted a portion of one brand’s information technology systems. The unauthorized access also included the download of certain of our data files.

Promptly upon its detection of the security event, the Company launched an investigation and notified law enforcement, and engaged legal counsel and other incident response professionals. While the investigation of the incident is ongoing, the Company has implemented a series of containment and remediation measures to address this situation and reinforce the security of its information technology systems. The Company is working with industry-leading cybersecurity firms to immediately respond to the threat, defend the Company’s information technology systems, and conduct remediation.

Based on its preliminary assessment and on the information currently known (in particular, that the incident occurred in a portion of a brand’s information technology systems), the Company does not believe the incident will have a material impact on its business, operations or financial results. Nonetheless, we expect that the security event included unauthorized access to personal data of guests and employees, which may result in potential claims from guests, employees, shareholders, or regulatory agencies. Although we believe that no other information technology systems of the other Company’s brands have been impacted by this incident based upon our investigation to date, there can be no assurance that other information technology systems of the other Company’s brands will not be adversely affected.

source: https://www.sec.gov/ix?doc=/Archives/edgar/data/815097/000095014220002039/eh2001078_8k.htm   

• Like 1