Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

15 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

140061723_1390567564612258_4831121548387616189_n.jpg

worth to quote to the next site, like that pic, new for us is the slide ( like Absyss or what the name is ).

thanks, looks good to me

Edited by Steff79
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

worth to quote to the next site, like that pic, new for us is the slide ( like Absyss or what the name is ).

thanks, looks good to me

Heh, we might be better off hiding it. :classic_ninja:

It was posted by an Italian cruiseblog FB page a few days ago and was already reshared 37 times before I found it but it will take off from now on I think. The interior render also went everywhere. :classic_laugh:

16 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

great pics,

wonder if fincantieri can work full because of the corona pandemi,

not sure how much delay the other ships have what are they are building at the moment.

In the podcast I posted last week NCL sales rep. said no delay. 

It does seem Fincantieri is building at a generally slower pace than we are used too from Meyer Werft but the Italians work on 2 or 3 ships at the same time at Marghera. I am quite confident they will deliver Leo 1 on time. And I also suspect NCL will reveal at least something of Leonardo next month, they can't hide in silence forever. Folks are booking 2022 cruises as we speak.. NCL wants to keep Leo 1 in the picture and top of mind of consumers when time comes, understandable but there's has been a thing about Leonardo in years, like literally years. That's not selling a ship too, so a name, a keel laying (better late than never *chuckle* :classic_laugh:), something will be done..

Edited by FreestyleNovice
typo
  • Like 3

Here's what I can spot on the leaked render:

Green arrow: two spiral slides, from top to board walk/ocean front, a la RCCL.

Pink: Pool slide, the structures for this slide are visible on the NCL renders, it seems to be a slow and U-shaped slide.

Blue: The aft infinity pool is visible.

Unknown what the central super structure behind the funnel is, I referred to this as the greenhouse before but what is it?! :classic_huh:

Anyone else a clue? :classic_happy:

445562647_Screenshot(25).png.7803cbee165cdf13ac473e8140a69810.png

• Like 2

the place where maybe the forward Observation lounge will be seems  only over one deck for me, at the first Renderings it was two. One at the same Level as the pool deck and one below. For me the Deck below looks like normal balconies at the new rendering.

At the Aft it looks under the pooldeck like public area ( or dark shadow there but no balconies to see there, looks like dark windows, only under the pool there is something white, maybe balcony? -> my wish a spa with balcony there )

Edited by Steff79
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Unknown what the central super structure behind the funnel is, I referred to this as the greenhouse before but what is it?!

Maybe a re-vamped Spice H20 concept to be more like the Solarium on Royal's Quantum and Oasis class ships?  Maybe revamped Vibe?

• Like 1

Is or isn't the bow megablock under construction at Fincantieri's subsidiary Vard Tulcea (Romania)? :classic_laugh:

Suppliers like this ship yard, which a subsidiary yard actually is, don't show up in online cruise ship order books as the producing ship yard. So it's hard to tell at which ship or even for what yard (especially Fincantieri with a lot of shop yards across Italy!) they are working.

Photo taken in Jan this year, as the original photo has the new Viking expedition ship Viking Octantis  at the river quay.

isitaleoornot.png

• Like 3

Here's a view of before the launch of the Viking ship, I guess afterwards they shifted some blocks.. Or the higher block in the background is the piggyback ride waiting for Leo 2 as we saw with Leo 1 for her journey to Venice, Italy.

Leo 2 is visible on the left hand side, notice the structure for the Atrium (identical to Leo 1 and I don't think any other space on board has that distinctive look). The windowsill for that huge structure was visible in the background of the higher resolution Atrium render.

Screenshot (26).png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

NCL should really start paying me for this.. someone must be upset that we spotted their version the of Ultimate Abyss slide by Royal. It will beat Royal by one or two decks it seems, making it the tallest slide at sea. But see it on the bright side NCL, we can't wait to hear from you.. :classic_cool:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-activities/ultimate-abyss

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

On 12/27/2020 at 6:25 PM, FreestyleNovice said:

Aah, finally a decent find:

Dated 24th of Dec, see it as a Christmas present! 

132555973_722859115294591_7173144236110221109_o.jpg

https://www.offshore-energy.biz/vikings-1st-expedition-ship-floated-out/

not much to see, but a pic before the float out of the viking ship. at the right should be the same ship to see what is maybe Leo 1?

At this  quoted pic is a white block to the mega block. If the white block is part of the mega block then the block at Vard is not Leo1 because after the Atriums are only 2 Lifeboats forward and two lifeboats are at the Vard Block to see.  But maybe the white block is not part of the Mega Block then it could be. Hope you understand what i mean.

Edited by Steff79

I don't think we will hear much about Leo 1 for several weeks, if not months, due to the new administration and the obvious focus on the vaccine and getting the existing ships back into service. I am super excited about this ship and will likely book her - so I want to know all the details, too! I just think we're going to have a wait longer than expected/hoped.

Hopefully I am wrong!

• Like 1

oh,  what a long time.

To compare with others:

Disney wish, only some vids with the ship and the Atrium

Icon Class from RCL is a big secret at the moment

looks like they all want to wait with Details about their new ships.