Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

On 7/24/2021 at 7:53 AM, Steff79 said:

Sorry for off topic, but my first cruise since February 2020. msc seaview, our stepsister. :-)))"

sorry, now back to prima 

I'm loyal to NCL, so far.  Been Anxious to sail so have scoped out some of the other lines. Carnival's newer ships (Panorama for example) have a lot of similar designs.  Not sure who came up with what first but it's great to see newer concepts incorporated all around. One thing about NCL that has kept my attention, is the "free" beverage, dining, I'm sure it is built into the price, but it is one less thing to think about when you love your Mimosas and mushroom bisque.  🙃

Edited by kessdarln
typo
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

What would that thing be?  In the rendering the slide looks like it circles around a central support, and that is what I would expect for stability.  The white object in the photo, though, looks too close to the edge of the ship for a slide to go inside of it.  

I don’t understand why the family suite on 16 isn’t flagged as “obstructed view”.  Of course I struggle with the NCL website and perhaps I’m missing that somewhere. 

12 minutes ago, gardening_guy said:

I don’t understand why the family suite on 16 isn’t flagged as “obstructed view”.  Of course I struggle with the NCL website and perhaps I’m missing that somewhere. 

Do they actually get specific about that?  I don't see any symbol for obstructions on the cabin legend, except for PrivaSea which I believe is a whole class of cabins.  

I thought for things like obstructions you just had to do your research and learn the details once they are known.  The problem I see with pointing out obstructions is that there are other things that could be equally bothersome to some passengers, for example being close to noisy venues or to a smoking area.  Trying to point everything out would be a very slippery slope.

37 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Back to Prima.... 

For the amazing individually who is managing to sneak these peeks for us... can you try to get another shot of the aft if possible? Curious to see how that is panning out and make sure my hot tub on deck 12 is still there 😉 

Yes, please back to Prima on this thread😊

I would love to see some pics of how the balconies look on the side of that rounded aft section.  I'm not in a Haven, but I hope I 'scored' with my MA category on that aft section.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

Do they actually get specific about that?  I don't see any symbol for obstructions on the cabin legend, except for PrivaSea which I believe is a whole class of cabins.  

I thought for things like obstructions you just had to do your research and learn the details once they are known.  The problem I see with pointing out obstructions is that there are other things that could be equally bothersome to some passengers, for example being close to noisy venues or to a smoking area.  Trying to point everything out would be a very slippery slope.

I’m used to the Princess website and all obstructed views and partially obstructed views are clearly called out,  (And prices as such). I would not like it to find out that my view was obstructed without that being known at time of purchase.  Transparency of what your booking is important. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sand and Seas said:

I would love to see some pics of how the balconies look on the side of that rounded aft section.  I'm not in a Haven, but I hope I 'scored' with my MA category on that aft section.

Agreed!  I have an MA also.  With all of the Indulge stuff below I hope that there will not be any surprise parts being added.

For whatever reason it seems like nobody is getting photos of/from the aft.  It does look like there should be some great views of the stern from the public road once she floats out as long as someone is inclined to take them.  I'd guess that most of the photos so far are being taken by people in the shipyard.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

I agree.  No closeups yet on the aft or haven areas.  Can’t wait for those.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2021 at 10:09 AM, Seany527 said:

So what do you guys think? Now that we see the new food options, is the traditional buffet a thing of the past on this new series of ships?

I realize I am late to read this, but I don't think the food options will have an impact on the Buffet.  Indulge food court is Ala Carte with some exceptions.  I have not read that info here yet, maybe I will get to that next page 🙂

Tom

I’m honestly confused on how they plan to do dining. My booking in the app shows the options they’ve released so far(coco’s, los lobos , nudls, etc ) but says they are all complimentary……..

Edited by Britbri22
Word error

7 minutes ago, Britbri22 said:

I’m honestly confused on how they plan to do dining. My booking in the app shows the options they’ve released so far(coco’s, los lobos , nudls, etc ) but says they are all complimentary……..

Don't worry.  There will be a bunch of "specialty restaurants" and, I'm sure, 2 or 3 complimentary dining rooms and something similar to the Garden Cafe (buffet).  All  the dining information will be release later (My best guess is that will happen in the fall)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, BenCoudon said:

Don't worry.  There will be a bunch of "specialty restaurants" and, I'm sure, 2 or 3 complimentary dining rooms and something similar to the Garden Cafe (buffet).  All  the dining information will be release later (My best guess is that will happen in the fall)

Some of the specialty restaurants are complimentary for lunch but not dinner correct? I'm really looking forward to Nudls and on a TA .. plenty of time to try them all 😝

18 minutes ago, kessdarln said:

Some of the specialty restaurants are complimentary for lunch but not dinner correct? I'm really looking forward to Nudls and on a TA .. plenty of time to try them all 😝

On all their ships, they have the "Specialty Restaurants"  Cagney's, Moderno, La Cucina, Tepenyaki, Ocean Blue and Le Bistro.  On newer ships, they also have Los Lobos, Food Republic, American Diner.

I'm assuming that those restaurants (may be under a new name) will still be on the Prima. We know that La Cuchina (Italian) is now known as Onda by Scarpetta. Those restaurants are only open for diner and are never complimentary.  And it will remain the same.

On the Prima, they announced the new concept of  the Indulge Food Hall.  My understanding that in that area, there will be a series of small outlets offerig various dishes.  Nudls, Tamara, Seaside rotisserie, Q texas Smokehouse, Tapas food truck, Starbucks and others.  Some of those outlets will offer complimentary dishes for Breakfast and lunch.  And a la carte for diner.  But I assume that they will not all be complimentary and what they will serve for Breakfast and Lunch may not be what they will have for diner.  For instance, I am sure that Starbuck will not offer complimentary coffee for breakfast and lunch.  But we will probably be able to get a free coffee somewhere in the Food Hall.

And, my understanding is that you will have to go to these food outlets to pick up your dishes and you will bring them to your table either inside or outside the Food Hall.  That would be similar to food courts you find in shopping centers.  One may include that in the "Specialty diner" definition but I don't think it will replace the actual dining rooms, the buffet and the more traditional specialty restaurants.  And I would be surprised if the "specialty dinner packages" would apply to those restaurants.  If it does, then there will be a limit on the number of plates you can get from those food trucks.

I just see the Indulge food hall as an additional offer of service for the passengers and, of course, for NCL an additional opportunity to generate more revenue.  But it is not meant to replace the other restaurants. Keep in mind that there are lots of people that are never spending a penny for food on the ship.  They go to the buffet, O'Sheean's (now called The Local on newer ships) and the complimantory dining rooms.  And those people will not pay to eat in the Indulge Food Hall

• Like 4

Likewise.

But today, what is really exciting me is the fact that NCL officially resumed sailing.  The Jade set sail from Piraeus tonight for the first cruise in about 16 months.  And I will be on that ship in 41 days, 10 hours, 22 minutes and counting 😁😀😃🤣 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, BenCoudon said:

On all their ships, they have the "Specialty Restaurants"  Cagney's, Moderno, La Cucina, Tepenyaki, Ocean Blue and Le Bistro.  On newer ships, they also have Los Lobos, Food Republic, American Diner.

I'm assuming that those restaurants (may be under a new name) will still be on the Prima. We know that La Cuchina (Italian) is now known as Onda by Scarpetta. Those restaurants are only open for diner and are never complimentary.  And it will remain the same.

On the Prima, they announced the new concept of  the Indulge Food Hall.  My understanding that in that area, there will be a series of small outlets offerig various dishes.  Nudls, Tamara, Seaside rotisserie, Q texas Smokehouse, Tapas food truck, Starbucks and others.  Some of those outlets will offer complimentary dishes for Breakfast and lunch.  And a la carte for diner.  But I assume that they will not all be complimentary and what they will serve for Breakfast and Lunch may not be what they will have for diner.  For instance, I am sure that Starbuck will not offer complimentary coffee for breakfast and lunch.  But we will probably be able to get a free coffee somewhere in the Food Hall.

And, my understanding is that you will have to go to these food outlets to pick up your dishes and you will bring them to your table either inside or outside the Food Hall.  That would be similar to food courts you find in shopping centers.  One may include that in the "Specialty diner" definition but I don't think it will replace the actual dining rooms, the buffet and the more traditional specialty restaurants.  And I would be surprised if the "specialty dinner packages" would apply to those restaurants.  If it does, then there will be a limit on the number of plates you can get from those food trucks.

I just see the Indulge food hall as an additional offer of service for the passengers and, of course, for NCL an additional opportunity to generate more revenue.  But it is not meant to replace the other restaurants. Keep in mind that there are lots of people that are never spending a penny for food on the ship.  They go to the buffet, O'Sheean's (now called The Local on newer ships) and the complimantory dining rooms.  And those people will not pay to eat in the Indulge Food Hall

This would seem like a good time to introduce a new specialty restaurant.  The Indulge concept is interesting, but I'm not sure it really introduces that much 'new' food to NCL.  It seems to be a trend on other lines to have 'celebrity chef' restaurants so I wonder if NCL will go that direction at some point?  That seems like something that would be hard to keep secret, though, so perhaps something would already have leaked by now...

13 hours ago, Britbri22 said:

I suspect that the system needs some sort of description under “dining type” and someone just decided to put complementary for now. I don’t expect it is any indication as to what they will actually be.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BenCoudon said:

Likewise.

But today, what is really exciting me is the fact that NCL officially resumed sailing.  The Jade set sail from Piraeus tonight for the first cruise in about 16 months.  And I will be on that ship in 41 days, 10 hours, 22 minutes and counting 😁😀😃🤣 

Now that is a highly specific countdown!  

Tom

They are painting now the hull art at the front, but seems not complete.  There is only a pic with bad quality at the social media. Hope we get some good pics the next days. 

Edited by Steff79

20 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

They are painting now the hull art at the front, but seems not complete.  There is only a pic with bad quality at the social media. Hope we get some good pics the next days. 

TIme for your vacation!  How about a nice trip to Italy to take pictures for us? 🙂  Can't wait to see the hull picture.  I can still see the red Kermit the frog on Encore which goes good with the song "One of these ships does not belong with the others" Referring to  the BA and  BA+ Hull paint.

22 hours ago, gardening_guy said:

I’m used to the Princess website and all obstructed views and partially obstructed views are clearly called out,  (And prices as such). I would not like it to find out that my view was obstructed without that being known at time of purchase.  Transparency of what your booking is important. 

I was mistaken on this.  Something I read on another topic made me look at the Jewel deck plans, and they do in fact list an Obstructed Oceanview cabin type.