Ketchikan Hiking Trail

MikeyD30

• 3 weeks later...

I am pretty sure it was Ward Creek.  The trail was very nice and mostly level.  We were there in August and the salmon were visible from a viewing platform over the river.   Lots of scat along the way but we encountered no bears.

Overall it was a very nice hike with only a few steep inclines.  

You can check it out here:

https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5413489.pdf

23 hours ago, LEtue said:

I am pretty sure it was Ward Creek.  The trail was very nice and mostly level.  We were there in August and the salmon were visible from a viewing platform over the river.   Lots of scat along the way but we encountered no bears.

Thank you for this link. We are hoping to do a hike here next September. The link gives us some great options!

Ketchikan is such a beautiful place to hike.  I will be there again next August and hope to try another one.  If you have excess OBC like I did the Celebrity excursion is very nice.  Not rushed, small group, and the guide was a Ketchikan native so he probably contracts every year.  

Enjoy your time in Ketchikan!

• Thanks 1

I have walked this trail along with the Ward Lake trail along with  Perseverance Trail in the same area.  

But-  I'm cheap and just take the city bus to the Ward trails,   or drive.     You don't need any "guiding"   trails are well marked.   🙂   

43 minutes ago, LEtue said:

Like I mentioned I had OBC that I was trying to use and of course hikes can be done independently.  

This excursion was great and the guide was really engaging....so it was a very nice experience.  

I mentioned,   I was cheap.   🙂    It's too bad,  the obc's sometimes-  "have" to be used,   especially when the spend simply is just something to do.      I think this shore excursion is is close to $100?    So,  a big difference in value compared to a $4 round trip bus ticket.     

19 hours ago, LEtue said:

Like I mentioned I had OBC that I was trying to use and of course hikes can be done independently.  

This excursion was great and the guide was really engaging....so it was a very nice experience.  

I would spend the OBC on something in the ship store or for a bunch of extra cost dinners instead of spending $100 for a hike that I could take for $4 doing it by myself.

DON

• Like 2

On 9/7/2020 at 5:32 PM, LEtue said:

Thanks, another file for the Alaska resource folder.

Mike