Did They Change........?

gotcha3

I apologize in advance if this topic has already been covered.....I couldn't find it with this new cruise critic search function. Anyway, did Celebrity change the way we used to be able to check for deals? While doing a "mock" booking, after selecting the number of cabins, the next screen used to say something like, "check for offers." Now this same screen says "bonus for Classic members and above." How does one check for military and state fares with this new program? Maybe they are trying to do away with so many discounts, etc? Thoughts? As always, thanks in advance....

I also did a mock booking and when you get to the "how many guests for your room?" page,  it does say "see if you qualify for offers" but then it immediately switches to the "bonus for classic members and above" choice.  See screenshot.image.thumb.png.28a250503d1f4af9dd9c2fe00903c90c.png

Doing a search on Celebrity's website, I found more information:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-deals/military-cruise-deal

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-deals/resident-rates

• Thanks 1

I followed the link for the military discount which took me to a limited number of cruises. I selected Edge out of Ft. Lauderdale in February 2021. When I got to the screen that asks me if I qualify for offers, for a split second it showed Military discount but that went away and was replaced by "bonus for classic members and above". Looks like, for now, it's not available.

21 hours ago, Fouremco said:

It appears that the military, seniors and other discounts have disappeared for the time being. I've no idea if this is a temporary or permanent change.

Not true.  We are on the Eclipse 4 May 2022 sailing, and if you do a mock booking, they are offering $200 military discount.  

21 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

Not true.  We are on the Eclipse 4 May 2022 sailing, and if you do a mock booking, they are offering $200 military discount.  

Yes, it is true. I even ran another mock booking this morning with the same result. As the OP and posters other than myself have experienced the same issue, and have screen captures showing it, I guess you are just a lucky one. 

264596381_ScreenShot2020-08-19at10_08_48AM.thumb.png.1f2d31004eb2da52063b9220462e771a.png

It appears some people cannot get the military discount to show up in their mock bookings.   I just did another mock booking for Feb 27 2021 on the Infinity (which is one of the selections they list as having this discount) and it came up for me.  

Maybe try using another browser or clearing your cache/cookies?  

image.thumb.png.e645d94ef27a020701c56620fd9c974b.png

Booked my first Celebrity cruise this week and found a lot of oddities with the online booking tool. Prices varied quite a bit with refreshes, I also had included bev package appear, disappear, reappear again. I even tried an incognito window and still seems to be random offers. Kept trying until I found the best and booked it, but not a great experience. RCCLs isn't great, but seemed a lot more consistent than Celebrity's.

On 8/21/2020 at 10:11 AM, maranelloboy05 said:

Booked my first Celebrity cruise this week and found a lot of oddities with the online booking tool. Prices varied quite a bit with refreshes, I also had included bev package appear, disappear, reappear again. I even tried an incognito window and still seems to be random offers. Kept trying until I found the best and booked it, but not a great experience. RCCLs isn't great, but seemed a lot more consistent than Celebrity's.

They're actually run on the same platform and have database sharing for certain features, such as status-reciprocation.

Sorry...haven't experienced your reported issues ourselves..but no doubt that while the sites are a vast improvement from a year or more ago...they likely still have some flaws.

Look at the screen capture in post #7. At the very bottom centre there are two boxes, one saying Military and the other Police & EMT. You can see that the Military box has been selected and has turned blue.

AFAIK, the only way to determine the value of the discount is to do two identical dummy bookings, one with and one without the discount box selected.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, cruise47 said:

Will Celebrity accept the new Real ID for Veteran status’s?   This will saved me from bringing my original DD214 form.

So far I've never had to show or provide Celebrity or RC  a copy of my DD214 when booking onboard for a future cruise or boarding the ship when I've requested and given the Military discount. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Princess does it right. Once you provide them with your DD214 you're in their system and no longer have to request or provide prof. 

We do charter music cruises on Celebrity with star vista and we also just had to provide it once, get 5 percent . MSC has the best discount ten percent off fare.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruise47 said:

Will Celebrity accept the new Real ID for Veteran status’s?   This will saved me from bringing my original DD214 form.

The DD214 needs to be e-mailed in advance.
As someone else pointed out - Princess does modify your profile to retain the military status.

I do not believe Celebrity nor NCL retain the military status.

The challenge we had originally - was scanning a quality copy of the DD214 - which didn't use too many KB's...

Edited by Von & John

3 hours ago, Von & John said:

The DD214 needs to be e-mailed in advance.
As someone else pointed out - Princess does modify your profile to retain the military status.

I do not believe Celebrity nor NCL retain the military status.

The challenge we had originally - was scanning a quality copy of the DD214 - which didn't use too many KB's...

Celebrity and RC have never asked me for a copy of my DD214 whether booking directly with them or thru a TA. I believe they should as I would have no problem providing it to prove I was in the military (not a lifer).  

Edited by davekathy

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

Celebrity and RC have never asked me for a copy of my DD214 whether booking directly with them or thru a TA. I believe they should as I would have no problem providing it to prove I was in the military (not a lifer).  

We originally provided it to our TA...