Update(s) on Grand Princess Summer 2021 Deployment (...and Crown, too?)

snoozecrooze

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Looked at the Grand (online) for Alaska.  ALL suites are sold out for every voyage.  Is this because they are moving everyone over or "really" sold out?

We were booked on the Star for June 2021 and got notice of being moved to Grand last week.  We were, and are still, in a full aft suite.  Suites on our specific sailing have been sold out for months.  Now full suites show available again for our cruise but only in the Window Suites, which exist on the Grand but not on the Star.  

Also I think many, many people have rebooked for 2021 after their 2020 cruise was cancelled, so I wouldn't be surprised if suites were in fact booked up.  

Edited by Paula_MacFan

8 hours ago, Kamloops50 said:

The Diamond is replacing the Sapphire for South America for 2021 and 2022. This means there will be two transpacific cruises on the Diamond in 2021 and 2022 .

Yes thank you. I only make this summary for summer 2021 (summer in Northern Hemisphere), so I do not put Diamond South America in the list which will take place at the end of 2021.

And for the transpacific cruises, I heard that the dates (though not yet officially announced) will be:

08 Nov 2021: 24 nights Singapore to Los Angeles

05 Apr 2022: 22 nights Los Angeles to Yokohama

"Strange things are afoot at the Circle K...."

Looks like the Crown's itinerary IS changing - not only is our July 2021 12 Day British Isles with Orkney Islands (from London) cruise no longer listed, but the Crown's summer 2021 schedule is grayed out -

542681264_crown2021.JPG.d1f07d177e507ed9e9a97d86d17b66ee.JPG

But - the cruise is still in my cruises, and I can manage the booking -

1598079323_ourcruise.JPG.6b13cefd11aec8949cb9ba7553121045.JPG

Wonder what's about to happen?

We are booked on the May 2, Crown Princess and it is still in my Personalizer as well.

Let's hope they don't get rid of the British Isles cruises and just give us a different ship.  My 

friend booked the May 2, yesterday and we noticed the Ocean View Cabins were all sold out.

That is odd at this time to be sold out for those, so maybe we will be getting one of the newer ships that don't have Ocean View cabins.  

Edited by ROWSE

3 hours ago, LT Hambone said:

"Strange things are afoot at the Circle K...."

Looks like the Crown's itinerary IS changing - not only is our July 2021 12 Day British Isles with Orkney Islands (from London) cruise no longer listed, but the Crown's summer 2021 schedule is grayed out -

542681264_crown2021.JPG.d1f07d177e507ed9e9a97d86d17b66ee.JPG

But - the cruise is still in my cruises, and I can manage the booking -

1598079323_ourcruise.JPG.6b13cefd11aec8949cb9ba7553121045.JPG

Wonder what's about to happen?

I am seeing the same as you. My April 24/21 cruise on Crown is still in my personalizer but not on website. 

Just received cancellation notice. Crown being replaced by Sky for my April 24/21 cruise. They will be rebooking us on Sky with cabin numbers by Wed. Sept 30.  Sorry, I cannot get it to post here.  dog

Edited by dog

30 minutes ago, dog said:

Just received cancellation notice. Crown being replaced by Sky for my April 24/21 cruise. They will be rebooking us on Sky with cabin numbers by Wed. Sept 30.  Sorry, I cannot get it to post here.  dog

Yup...we got the notice too for our August British Isles cruise..

Crown to Sky.

Ugh...Crown is my favorite and we really didn't enjoy the Sky in February...no Promenade walks...no Crooners...

☹️

Oh well. Our primary goal is the destination, so we will have a good time....but really disappointed.

Maybe on the Princess cruise ship whirl, it will change again....

Just got the following cancellation notice for next July -

"Please be advised that due to deployment changes, your Crown Princess voyage has been cancelled. Guests who choose to rebook on one of our other 2021 Europe sailings by October 15, 2020 will receive an onboard credit of USD $100 per person for booking an interior or oceanview stateroom or $200 per person for booking a balcony, mini-suite or suite. You can view our recommended replacement voyage for this offer here: http://*****/KPEUR21 Should you decide to rebook to another non-Europe 2021 sailing by March 31, 2021, you will receive an onboard credit of USD $15 per person (both onboard credit offers apply to first two guests on the booking and replacement cruises will be booked at current best- available rates and promotions)."

Well, that stinks.

32 minutes ago, dog said:

Just received cancellation notice. Crown being replaced by Sky for my April 24/21 cruise. They will be rebooking us on Sky with cabin numbers by Wed. Sept 30. 

Wow that's stunning (well, maybe not -- it's Princess after all). So clearly Crown will NOT be in the British Isles this upcoming summer. And you'd assume that they'd be able to get a ship there in time to replace it (AKA Star, now that its summer schedule is zilch)....but, they apparently don't have a replacement and need to use Sky to make up for April/May. So....what does this mean for Star? Will she be unofficially gone-zo earlier than we expect? It seems likely.

There goes another series of derailed itineraries (mostly the TAs).

6 minutes ago, PrincessPete said:

Can we cancel and have our deposit refunded due to a change of ship?

Good question.  We booked this because we don't fly so always go out of Southampton and don't want to go with P&O because we had the cruise from hell in February on P&O Oceana.  We don't like the bigger ships.

We're on the Crown June 7, 2021 for a 12-night British Isles.  I haven't gotten any notification of a change (yet).  We are booked with a TA though, so that may be why.  I was kind of bummed we were on the Crown instead of Regal (this June) and now I'm not so sure about the Sky.  Guess I will start my research.  Princess still has the best itinerary (in my opinion), so I imagine we'll still stick with them.

• Like 1

We just heard that our June 18th Baltic cruise on the Sky from Copenhagen has been cancelled.  The Sky will alternate between Baltic and British Isles cruises all out of Southampton.  Here's the list of cancelled and replacement cruises that we received.

image.png.f0d84af5242368e8ad9a205577c7bfc0.png

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

We just heard that our June 18th Baltic cruise on the Sky from Copenhagen has been cancelled.  The Sky will alternate between Baltic and British Isles cruises all out of Southampton.  Here's the list of cancelled and replacement cruises that we received.

Given the state of Princess' fleet (read: decreasing flexibility due to increase in larger vessels), this might actually become an unfortunate (or fortunate, depending on how you look at it) trend in regards to their Baltic/Europe itineraries. Having Baltic cruises based in Southampton is more comparable to Celebrity's offerings (but they also usually have 1 ship based in Amsterdam). After so many years of having a ship homeported in Copenhagen though, it is kind of a bummer. 

4 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

(pic)

Well crap.  That shows June 7, 2021 on Sky is Scandinavia and Russia.  Guess that means it won't be British Isles.  So we'll have to go the 19th?  I assume that means they'll just cancel our cruise and make us rebook? 

1 minute ago, jenf22 said:

Well crap.  That shows June 7, 2021 on Sky is Scandinavia and Russia.  Guess that means it won't be British Isles.  So we'll have to go the 19th?  I assume that means they'll just cancel our cruise and make us rebook? 

Did you get anything from Princess?  We didn't but my TA forwarded the notice that she received.

1 minute ago, azbirdmom said:

Did you get anything from Princess?  We didn't but my TA forwarded the notice that she received.

Nothing.  I just logged into Princess and it still shows the Crown.  I'm pretty bummed now.  I'm also still waiting on $8k from the June cancelled Regal cruise. 

I'm pricing NCL in another tab...

4 minutes ago, jenf22 said:

Nothing.  I just logged into Princess and it still shows the Crown.  I'm pretty bummed now.  I'm also still waiting on $8k from the June cancelled Regal cruise. 

I'm pricing NCL in another tab...

There are several cancelled cruises for the Sky still appearing on the website too.  They won't have the replacement cruises available for sale until September 30th according to the notice that I received.  So even if we wanted to make a decision, we can't right now.  This stinks.

• Like 2

Well, my Crown 22 day Grand Adventure for Oct. 5th was cancelled today and the suggested replacement was either the Regal or the Sky from Southampton.   Looking at the website the Sky cruises they listed in my email aren't showing up yet.  Very confusing and I'm sure difficult for my TA. 

I'm fine with taking the Sky, trouble with Regal TA, the cruise before it, Canary Islands, I've already taken twice.  I feel bad for those booked on the Aug. Sky Grand Adventure 2021.  I was booked for this year, cancelled right before final payment fortunately.   I didn't book 2021 because of the price, chose the Crown cruise instead.   

I'm guessing the Princess land tour portion won't be possible for Scandinavia and Russia cruises with the new itineraries. Two years ago we did Budapest, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin and took the ferry from Rostock, Germany to Copenhagen for the 11 day Northern Europe cruise. With those cruises now looking to be 12 days from Southampton those won't be possible. Also, will be interested to see the changes to the itineraries for the 12 day cruises. Wonder if Copenhagen is getting dropped completely?