Update(s) on Grand Princess Summer 2021 Deployment (...and Crown, too?)

snoozecrooze

2 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

There are several cancelled cruises for the Sky still appearing on the website too.  They won't have the replacement cruises available for sale until September 30th according to the notice that I received.  So even if we wanted to make a decision, we can't right now.  This stinks.

Just got the email from Costco Travel saying our cruise was cancelled.  It didn't say anything about when we could rebook and it didn't give any replacement cruises (like the chart above).  I might call them tomorrow to see what else they know.  It's a shame because I had a great rate for June 2020 and then was able to refare a couple of times to get a better rate on the June 2021.  I imagine the Sky will be quite a bit more expensive than the Crown was. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jenf22 said:

Just got the email from Costco Travel saying our cruise was cancelled.  It didn't say anything about when we could rebook and it didn't give any replacement cruises (like the chart above).  I might call them tomorrow to see what else they know.  It's a shame because I had a great rate for June 2020 and then was able to refare a couple of times to get a better rate on the June 2021.  I imagine the Sky will be quite a bit more expensive than the Crown was. 

We also had a decent rate on our cancelled cruise, plus some extra OBC because we were supposed to do the same cruise this past May and it was cancelled so they gave us a bonus to rebook.  They apparently will honor that extra OBC offer if we rebook something for Europe before October 15th which means a two week decision window since they aren't posting pricing and itineraries for the replacement cruises until September 30th.  This is the list of cruises for the Sky by the way - thought I had posted it.  Good luck to you!

image.png.247a8e3225149b570d837f2cd30ecfdb.png

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

We also had a decent rate on our cancelled cruise, plus some extra OBC because we were supposed to do the same cruise this past May and it was cancelled so they gave us a bonus to rebook.  They apparently will honor that extra OBC offer if we rebook something for Europe before October 15th which means a two week decision window since they aren't posting pricing and itineraries for the replacement cruises until September 30th.  This is the list of cruises for the Sky by the way - thought I had posted it.  Good luck to you!

image.png.247a8e3225149b570d837f2cd30ecfdb.png

Looking forward to the itineraries to come out, but as it looks like above they are eliminating the option on British Isles cruises to embark/disembark in Dublin or Le Havre and embarking/disembarking from Copenhagen, St. Petersburg, or Helsinki for Baltic cruises . British Isle cruises and Baltic cruises would all embark and disembark in Southampton. Probably easier to test and track potential COVID cases if everyone is getting on and off the ship only in Southampton. 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2020 at 3:20 PM, Cruise Wonderland said:

To summarize the information which is already CONFIRMED:

MAJESTIC: leave Taiwan and move to Alaska, replacing Regal
REGAL: leave Alaska and move to UK, replacing Grand
GRAND: leave UK and move to Alaska, replacing Star
STAR: leave Alaska and move to...??

Possible ship(s) that will also be involved, but not yet confirmed:

CROWN

Now the updated redeployment summary for 2021 summer (Northern Hemisphere) will be as below. The words in blue are not yet confirmed.

Late 2021 to early 2022 deployments are not going to be discussed here. So I do not include the news of Diamond Princess to South America.

MAJESTIC: leave Taiwan and move to Seattle, replacing Regal
REGAL: leave Seattle and move to Southampton, replacing Grand
GRAND: leave Southampton and move to Vancouver, replacing Star
STAR: leave Vancouver and move to... (leave the fleet earlier?)

SKY: leave Copenhagen and move to Southampton, replacing Crown

CROWN: leave Southampton and move to... (US West Coast as predicted earlier in this thread?)

Edited by Cruise Wonderland
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Now the updated redeployment summary for 2021 summer (Northern Hemisphere) will be as below. The words in blue are not yet confirmed.

Late 2021 to early 2022 deployments are not going to be discussed here. So I do not include the news of Diamond Princess to South America.

MAJESTIC: leave Taiwan and move to Seattle, replacing Regal
REGAL: leave Seattle and move to Southampton, replacing Grand
GRAND: leave Southampton and move to Vancouver, replacing Star
STAR: leave Vancouver and move to... (leave the fleet earlier?)

SKY: leave Copenhagen and move to Southampton, replacing Crown

CROWN: leave Southampton and move to... (US West Coast as predicted earlier in this thread?)

I agree with above and guess that Crown will either replace Sun in LA or they will scrap the Suns Vancouver and LA Alaska season altogether and have a new series of 4/5/7 day Mexico/California Coastal sailings.

I stand behind my prediction that Star, Sun and Sea do not return to service with Princess.  I also would not be surprised to see Diamond pulled out of Japan and replace Sun/Sea in Australia before she heads to South America in Fall 2021.  Alternatively Princess could have Diamond replace Sapphire in Alaska for summer 2021 and Sapphire cover the Australia market instead.

Expect more voyage cancellations/ship shuffles once the Majestic/Grand/Royal/Sky/Crown redeployments are complete.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 3

Another thought - many of these changes may be not only to account for Star leaving the fleet early, and potentially also for Sun and Sea to leave the fleet, but also to position ships to allow for a significant delay in delivery, and potential redeployment, of Discovery.  I would not be surprised to see Discovery delayed by anywhere from 6-8 months, maybe even more. I’m not sure where in construction she was prior to the COVID related shutdown of Fincantieri, and if they have resumed work on her or not.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, dog said:

Just received cancellation notice. Crown being replaced by Sky for my April 24/21 cruise. They will be rebooking us on Sky with cabin numbers by Wed. Sept 30.  Sorry, I cannot get it to post here.  dog

So Sky passengers who still want a TA are behind Crown passengers on rebooking? Were there Obstructed Balconies available?

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

So Sky passengers who still want a TA are behind Crown passengers on rebooking? Were there Obstructed Balconies available?

I see others have posted cancellation of TA s, but I don’t know. Contact  Princess to get correct info rather then guess. My email was for April 24/21 Crown replaced by Sky - Ireland/ Scotland 8 day from Southampton return. Same fare, they will assign cabin by Sept 30 th. With a new booking number. No offer for refund. But final payment isn’t until Feb. 

I like both Crown & Sky. 

3 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

Does anyone know the itinerary for the 12 day British Isle on the Sky?  I was thinking of trying to combine it with the 14 day T/A on September 11th.....

Bob

We are booked on the British Isles cruise in May 2021, the itinerary is probably very similar in September :

Fri, 05/14/21 London (southampton), England
View general port information
Check-In Begins At 1:00pm
  5:30pm
Sat, 05/15/21 Portland, England 7:00am  7:00pm
Sun, 05/16/21 Guernsey (st. Peter Port)
Water Shuttle Required
wheelchair Access Limited
7:00am  5:00pm
Mon, 05/17/21 Cork, Ireland (cobh - For Blarney Castle) 9:00am  7:00pm
Tue, 05/18/21 Dublin, Ireland 7:00am  6:00pm
Wed, 05/19/21 Belfast, Northern Ireland 8:00am  9:00pm
Thu, 05/20/21 Glasgow (greenock), Scotland 7:00am  6:00pm
Fri, 05/21/21 At Sea   
Sat, 05/22/21 Invergordon, Scotland 7:00am  6:00pm
Sun, 05/23/21 Edinburgh (south Queensferry), Scotland
Water Shuttle Required
7:00am  7:00pm
Mon, 05/24/21 At Sea   
Tue, 05/25/21 Paris/Normandy (le Havre), France 7:00am  8:00pm
Wed, 05/26/21 London (southampton), England
View general port information
6:00am  

1 hour ago, dog said:

I see others have posted cancellation of TA s, but I don’t know. Contact  Princess to get correct info rather then guess. My email was for April 24/21 Crown replaced by Sky - Ireland/ Scotland 8 day from Southampton return. Same fare, they will assign cabin by Sept 30 th. With a new booking number. No offer for refund. But final payment isn’t until Feb. 

I like both Crown & Sky. 

adding to this: the email I received  yesterday shows my booking on the Crown, correct info except the Payment info is incorrect. The deposit I paid is missing from this email. I can still see my original booking in the Personalizer, so I've saved this to prove I have paid the deposit.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

Does anyone know the itinerary for the 12 day British Isle on the Sky?  I was thinking of trying to combine it with the 14 day T/A on September 11th.....

Bob

We are on the August 30th cruise which I think is the one you are interested in. Pretty close to what the prior poster listed except Orkney Islands instead of Portland:

Mon, 08/30/21 London (southampton), England
Tue, 08/31/21 Guernsey (st. Peter Port)
Water Shuttle Required
Wed, 09/01/21 Cork, Ireland (cobh - For Blarney Castle) 9:00am  7:00pm
Thu, 09/02/21 Dublin, Ireland 7:00am  8:00pm
Fri, 09/03/21 Belfast, Northern Ireland 8:00am  9:00pm
Sat, 09/04/21 Glasgow (greenock), Scotland 7:00am  6:00pm
Sun, 09/05/21 At Sea   
Mon, 09/06/21 Orkney Islands (kirkwall), Scotland 8:00am  7:00pm
Tue, 09/07/21 Invergordon, Scotland 7:00am  6:00pm
Wed, 09/08/21 Edinburgh (south Queensferry), Scotland
Water Shuttle Required
Thu, 09/09/21 At Sea   
Fri, 09/10/21 Paris/Normandy (le Havre), France 7:00am  8:00pm
Sat, 09/11/21 London (southampton), England

6 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

We are on the August 30th cruise which I think is the one you are interested in. Pretty close to what the prior poster listed except Orkney Islands instead of Portland:

Mon, 08/30/21 London (southampton), England
Tue, 08/31/21 Guernsey (st. Peter Port)
Water Shuttle Required
Wed, 09/01/21 Cork, Ireland (cobh - For Blarney Castle) 9:00am  7:00pm
Thu, 09/02/21 Dublin, Ireland 7:00am  8:00pm
Fri, 09/03/21 Belfast, Northern Ireland 8:00am  9:00pm
Sat, 09/04/21 Glasgow (greenock), Scotland 7:00am  6:00pm
Sun, 09/05/21 At Sea   
Mon, 09/06/21 Orkney Islands (kirkwall), Scotland 8:00am  7:00pm
Tue, 09/07/21 Invergordon, Scotland 7:00am  6:00pm
Wed, 09/08/21 Edinburgh (south Queensferry), Scotland
Water Shuttle Required
Thu, 09/09/21 At Sea   
Fri, 09/10/21 Paris/Normandy (le Havre), France 7:00am  8:00pm
Sat, 09/11/21 London (southampton), England

Thank you For the reply, but how could you be on the 30 August cruise?  It isn’t even listed on the Princess site.  

Bob

Just had an email from Princess cancelling our Round Britain cruise on "Crown Princess" scheduled for 23 September 2021. No suggested alternative offered. I think "Sky Princess" appears to be doing a similar cruise in August but will not transfer to that being in the school holidays.

Shame as it replaced our cancelled CMV cruise.................which replaced an earlier cancelled CMV cruise.................and an earlier cancelled P&O cruise..................

Good job we live 200 yards from the beach on the south coast of England - that's our bit of sea for the foreseeable future methinks!

31 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

Thank you For the reply, but how could you be on the 30 August cruise?  It isn’t even listed on the Princess site.  

Bob

We booked the cruise on the Crown prior to it being re-deployed to the Sky. Princess will be moving us to the Sky "automatically". While this is occurring, they pulled the itinerary from their website and won't re-post it until everyone gets moved over.

8 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

This is the list of cruises for the Sky by the way - thought I had posted it.  Good luck to you!

Thank you for posting all of the charts that you have! 

Also, anyone notice that unique Regal entry we've got there? I'm really curious to see what trips Regal will be doing here in the Americas (could we possibly see a full season of Princess' short cruises in the Caribbean?)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

We booked the cruise on the Crown prior to it being re-deployed to the Sky. Princess will be moving us to the Sky "automatically". While this is occurring, they pulled the itinerary from their website and won't re-post it until everyone gets moved over.

I did the same, but my cancellation email said nothing about being rebooked on the Sky.  It just provided recommendations in a link inserted in the email.

****Update I think I migh have just figured out something.  I was on the 22 day BI-T/A.  Were you booked on just the BI itinerary?

Bob

7 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

I did the same, but my cancellation email said nothing about being rebooked on the Sky.  It just provided recommendations in a link inserted in the email.

Bob

Sooo...were you on the August 30th Crown sailing? I think there are 2 situations. One is there are people who were on the Crown that got moved to the Sky and others who were on either the Crown or the Sky? and got their cruises cancelled. If you were embarking / disembarking from somewhere other than Southampton, it sounds like those cruises got cancelled and you need to re-book.

This is what our email stated:

VOYAGE REDEPLOYMENT - CROWN PRINCESS
Please be advised that due to deployment changes, your voyage will now sail on Sky Princess rather than Crown Princess. The newest ship in our fleet, Sky Princess features some of the same signature Princess amenities as Crown Princess, including the Sanctuary, Sabatini s and Crown Grill. In addition, Sky Princess offers the Princess MedallionClass vacation experience, Chef s Table Lumiere, and Bistro Sur La Mer! For more information on Sky Princess, visit http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/yp-sky-princess/.

You will be rebooked onto the new voyage, and will receive your new booking information no later than Wednesday, September 30, 2020. The cruise fare and promotions have been protected, and the new booking will be in the same category type and, where possible, located in the same area of the ship. Once you receive your new booking details, you can verify the cabin location using the deck plans available at http://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=YP. We look forward to welcoming you aboard Sky Princess.
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Sooo...were you on the August 30th Crown sailing? I think there are 2 situations. One is there are people who were on the Crown that got moved to the Sky and others who were on either the Crown or the Sky? and got their cruises cancelled. If you were embarking / disembarking from somewhere other than Southampton, it sounds like those cruises got cancelled and you need to re-book.

This is what our email stated:

VOYAGE REDEPLOYMENT - CROWN PRINCESS
Please be advised that due to deployment changes, your voyage will now sail on Sky Princess rather than Crown Princess. The newest ship in our fleet, Sky Princess features some of the same signature Princess amenities as Crown Princess, including the Sanctuary, Sabatini s and Crown Grill. In addition, Sky Princess offers the Princess MedallionClass vacation experience, Chef s Table Lumiere, and Bistro Sur La Mer! For more information on Sky Princess, visit http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/yp-sky-princess/.

You will be rebooked onto the new voyage, and will receive your new booking information no later than Wednesday, September 30, 2020. The cruise fare and promotions have been protected, and the new booking will be in the same category type and, where possible, located in the same area of the ship. Once you receive your new booking details, you can verify the cabin location using the deck plans available at http://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=YP. We look forward to welcoming you aboard Sky Princess.

Looks like that was the case.  I was on the BI-T/A on October 5th.  I neglected to realize there was a separate stand-alone August 30th Itinerary.....

Bob

This is what bothers me the most -

Many folks who posted have mentioned they were originally booked on the Crown with a great package deal. If you were transferred over to the Sky, you kept your package. But for those of us who got cancelled, we lost our package, and the only compensation is ship board credit.

IMO - Princess needs to honor the packages we lost IF we rebook on the Sky. Or, Princess should have at least given us the option to transfer over to the Sky on a different date if the same date was not available.

Now we have to wait until 30 Sep to see what they will offer, hope it's as good as what we had (and the cabins we want are available), and then have less than two weeks to decide what to do. Oh, and let's not forget for those of us who have Future Cruise Credits - they are NON-REFUNDABLE, so we are "stuck" with whatever Princess has to offer.

My apologies for the rant - just frustrating.

We actually will get the same perks on our new cruise if we rebook by October 15th (which essentially gives us a two week window to decide since the itineraries won't be posted until September 30).  The Baltic cruise that just cancelled was a rebook of the one that was cancelled by the "pause" this past May and Princess gave us $200 each in OBC to book the same cruise.  They seem to be doing that again based on this language that was sent to our TA:

IMPORTANT NOTICES

Thank you for your attention to this notification.

Please be advised that due to deployment changes, your client's Sky Princess voyage has been cancelled. Guests who are rebooked on one of our other 2021 Europe sailings by October 15, 2020 will receive an onboard credit of USD $100 per person for booking an interior or oceanview stateroom or $200 per person for booking a balcony, mini-suite or suite. You can view our recommended replacement voyage for this offer here: http://*****/YPEU21. Should your clients rebook to another non-Europe 2021 sailing by March 31, 2021, they will receive an onboard credit of USD $15 per person (both onboard credit offers apply to first two guests on the booking and replacement cruises will be booked at current best-available rates and promotions). You will also receive a bonus commission of USD $25 per booking ($12.50 for single occupancy) for all guests that rebook on any future voyage by March 31, 2021. We will process a refund of payments received to the original form of payment. We sincerely apologize for any disappointment this cancellation may cause your clients and look forward to welcoming them on board another Princess Cruise in the future.

The big question is what the fare will be.  Guessing it will be more expensive given the extra day and the move to Southampton.  Unlike those who were moved from one ship to another, nothing else is protected for us.

By the way, my husband finally received a notice from Princess with far less info than what Princess provided.  I didn't receive the notice but then I've had a lot of trouble with emails from Princess.  Thankfully we have a TA who is on the ball who works day and night to keep us updated because what Princess provided was useless other than to tell us that our cruise was cancelled.

IMPORTANT NOTICES

VOYAGE CANCELLATION - SKY PRINCESS

Please be advised that due to deployment changes, your Sky Princess voyage has been cancelled. Please contact your travel advisor for additional information. We sincerely apologize for any disappointment this cancellation may cause and look forward to welcoming you onboard a Princess ship in the future.

Basically, it is a mess that Princess is creating for themselves and passengers.

First, they cancelled the Regal Transpacific for April 2021 from Australia

to Seattle. (which we were on)

Now, they have cancelled the Sky Transatlantic and Baltic for April 2021

(which we were on).

And then there the changes with the Crown and Grand..... really?

I would love to book a replacement but am pretty sure that we will not be able to get

a cabin of choice.

Sympathy for all...