Airport/s for Port Canaveral

shipgeeks

Sanford and Melbourne are options with fewer flights and not as many shuttles.

With a one way rental car just about every airport in FL (Tampa, JAX, Daytona Beach, and even FLL and MIA) are options. 

2 hours ago, JohninDC said:

A significant number of PC cruisers choose to drive to the port.

That is what I did.  Parking is ample and easy to accomplish.  Traffic was significantly better than the Port of Miami with excellent signage (which Miami did not have).  

23 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

Are there any options in airports that serve Port Canaveral, besides Orlando?  If so, are there shuttle services?

What is wrong with MCO that you're looking for an option ?

On 8/19/2020 at 8:50 PM, JohninDC said:

Sanford and Melbourne are options with fewer flights and not as many shuttles.

With a one way rental car just about every airport in FL (Tampa, JAX, Daytona Beach, and even FLL and MIA) are options. 

All good options except for Miami unless you really have to fly there. Traffic is miserable and always a few accidents before you get to Fort Lauderdale

10 hours ago, steve20832 said:

All good options except for Miami unless you really have to fly there. Traffic is miserable and always a few accidents before you get to Fort Lauderdale

10 hours ago, steve20832 said:

The three I would go with are MCO, Sanford, or Melbourne. MCO almost all the time has great rates, and is a 45 to 50 minute drive. Sanford has minimal amount of flights. Sometimes you can find a real bargain. PC is an hour or so drive. The drive is a two lane road for about 35 miles to I-95, then a 25 mile drive to PC.  Leasing a vehicle is the best way to get there. Melbourne is the closest. A 27  minute drive up I-95. Sometimes you can find a great bargain flying there also. Tampa to me would be out of the mix, it’s 127 miles to PC.

clarification on 'shuttles'

cruise line arranged shuttles would be MCO to PC ONLY (normal circumstances). You can't book a 'Carnival shuttle' for Sanford Airport for example .....

the other airports (and MCO) have private shuttle options, as well as UBER and rental cars ... 

Honestly, MCO is the major airport for obvious reasons. You will find the best priced flights there. The next option is Sanford which has the "discount" carriers that offer $25 each way...but the oh you want to bring a purse, that's $40, you wanted to bring a carryon? that's $50, and what nerve do you have to think you need to bring luggage...that's $50. Oh, you are a family with 2 young children...we will sit you all in different rows, but you can pay $25 each way per person to choose your seats. That will be $500pp for your discount airline airfare. 

MCO is only ~45 minutes away. It is an extremely efficient airport. I would actually choose it over Sanford, Melbourne, or even PBI (lived near it the first half of my life). PBI will be ~2.5 hour drive which is not what I would want to do. 

• Like 1