L&S to Odyssey Sailings

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Is there an OS on your current empress sailing?  Switch to that then do the L&S online.

Did one today (OS Empress to OS Odyssey) submitted on line at 6:30 am and had an e mail confirmation by 10am.

Pays to have a great TA

• Like 3

5 hours ago, livylotte said:

There is a very real chance that I won't have a correct invoice to make payment against. 

How does that work?

I have been doing a dummy booking online every day looking for solo guarantees because I have no faith that  RC's  IT system has the automatic capability if doing it by itself. 

RC's  plan is to remove my imaginary doppelganger once I have been assigned a cabin. They will not assign me a cabin early.

Keep calling if you want an invoice, but it may not be resolved until you are at final payment time. It is very unlikely you'll see a GTY for solo - RCI doesn't usually offer it. No one will be removed at cabin assignment time - you'll need to pay the taxes for the second person which you'll get back after check in.

6 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Keep calling if you want an invoice, but it may not be resolved until you are at final payment time. It is very unlikely you'll see a GTY for solo - RCI doesn't usually offer it. No one will be removed at cabin assignment time - you'll need to pay the taxes for the second person which you'll get back after check in.

I don't understand?

L&S T&C is that the original price/deal is protected.

Why do I have to pay more for a guest that I didn't book for? 

My original booking was for one person. The second person has been added by RC in the L&S process.

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

I don't understand?

L&S T&C is that the original price/deal is protected.

My original booking was for one person. The second person has been added by RC in the L&S process.

53 minutes ago, livylotte said:

You are not, or shouldn't, but they way RCI sometimes L&Ss a booking is to make it a GTY in which case they book it for two (because their system doesn't allow for solo GTYs) - your base fare is the same for solo or two. The only thing different is that until cabin assignment and a true solo booking, you are on the hook for the taxes on the second fictitious person. All this should clear itself by final payment.

Thank you for replying.  RC are so frustrating to deal with when there is a problem!  And I used to love that bouncy happy music they play when you call them - now it drives me insane!

Grr! August 2021 is a long time to wait for a confirmation invoice for a booking that was made in June 2020.  

All I want is to have the price I am going to be paying confirmed somewhere in writing because without a confirmation  invoice I have nothing. 

If they are able to adjust the price at final payment - why can they not do it now?  They are still going to run into the problem of no solo guarantees next year.  I really don't want to be sorting this at final payment.

Re base fare - I  know it's usually the same price solo as it is for 2  but  I got a good deal on my original cruise and the base fare for 1 person was lower.  It was cheaper to have one single passenger in the cabin than 2. That is why I booked for just one person.

I do have an invoice but it is the very first one that was generated when they first  did the L&S and it shows the current Odyssey price at the time which is much higher.  As it stands I have an invoice for nearly 2.9k for a cabin that should be costing  1.2k

Rant over 😉

I am going to call the C&A free phone number and give it one last try but if not my complaint is still in progress.

8 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

So how does one find the online tool (link) to do this ?  I am thinking about doing another one on my own. 

Thanks !!

Main page of the website, click on health and travel alerts.  Scroll down and select cruise with confidence at the very bottom, then select cancel reservation. 

not sure how long they take on the consumer site but the TA ones are processed quickly. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

To reply to the original post

We L&S'd our Freedom b2b cruise (out of PR) to Odyssey (out of FLL).  They also upgraded our suite to a GS as our suite on Freedom doesn't exist on any other class. So, the family is not complaining....

Edited by csnarpy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, csnarpy said:

To reply to the original post

We L&S'd our Freedom b2b cruise (out of PR) to Odyssey (out of FLL).  They also upgraded our suite to a GS as our suite on Freedom doesn't exist on any other class. So, the family is not complaining....

PV?

Many Voyager ships have them

On 8/20/2020 at 1:53 PM, notmyrealnameoremail said:

We have B2B April 2 and 9 on Symphony.

Allure on February 5th is awaiting L&S tomorrow morning.

Again a great TA makes it easy and oh yeah, inexpensive. 😀

Our L&S to the Allure is complete, so the OS on Empress for the 23 January 2021 sailing might be available again if you are looking for L&S opportunities.

• Thanks 2

On 8/19/2020 at 8:20 PM, NameThatFunnel said:

Has anyone managed to lift and shift from any royal ship other than Odyssey departing in 2020 or 2021 to Odyssey in 2021 or early 2022. I have three booked cruises departing before April 2021 that I want to move, but the L&S options do not include Odyssey of the Seas. Is it possible that Odyssey is exempt? Interestingly, I also had a 4th cruise booked on Odyssey for Nov 2020 and when I tired to L&S (before they sailings were canceled) it also only listed other ships, so I ended up selecting something else.

We were able to L&S our Empress 8 day cruise in spring 2021 to the Odyssey in spring 2022 without issue and the rest of the group we are sailing with managed to do the same switch as well.  That said, most of the posts in this thread are talking about specific suite types, of which there are limited numbers of corresponding suites on the Odyssey, which could make the switch more difficult.  We mainly book lowly inside 3rd class cabins (but better than where most of the immigrants were below deck on the Titanic 😛) and there are lots of them on most ships.

On 8/19/2020 at 8:57 PM, irishgal432 said:

I did a lift and shift from Empress to odyssey mar 2022. 8 night. 

We did the same.  Which 8 day sailing in March 2022 are you on?  We depart the 12th of March, 2022.

On 8/19/2020 at 8:20 PM, NameThatFunnel said:

Has anyone managed to lift and shift from any royal ship other than Odyssey departing in 2020 or 2021 to Odyssey in 2021 or early 2022. I have three booked cruises departing before April 2021 that I want to move, but the L&S options do not include Odyssey of the Seas. Is it possible that Odyssey is exempt? Interestingly, I also had a 4th cruise booked on Odyssey for Nov 2020 and when I tired to L&S (before they sailings were canceled) it also only listed other ships, so I ended up selecting something else.

Lots of people have been able to L&S to Odyssey.  

In order to do this the itinerary must be the same length and same type.  If you use the on line tool it will list the available itineraries that are eligible.  If the Odyssey does bot show up then there are no itineraries that meet the criteria. Without knowing your ship and sailing dates that you are trying to shift we can’t tell you specifically why other than that your sailing does not meet the criteria to shift to a sailing on the Odyssey. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

14 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Lots of people have been able to L&S to Odyssey.  

In order to do this the itinerary must be the same length and same type.  If you use the on line tool it will list the available itineraries that are eligible.  If the Odyssey does bot show up then there are no itineraries that meet the criteria. Without knowing your ship and sailing dates that you are trying to shift we can’t tell you specifically why other than that your sailing does not meet the criteria to shift to a sailing on the Odyssey. 

Ken - As others have noted here, thanks for sharing and explaning all things L&S.

I thought someone posted that they were able to L&S from a 7N to 8N on Odyssey which is great (and congrats to all those that got great deals with L&S). I am currently booked on Odyssey in a J1 fully refundable but, now I am contemplating going to a higher suite for around the same price or less than what I paid. Any suggestions? Also, I saw mention of a "SC" earlier. What category is that on Odyssey or did I miss the reference that was being made? Thanks 

4 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Ken - As others have noted here, thanks for sharing and explaning all things L&S.

I thought someone posted that they were able to L&S from a 7N to 8N on Odyssey which is great (and congrats to all those that got great deals with L&S). I am currently booked on Odyssey in a J1 fully refundable but, now I am contemplating going to a higher suite for around the same price or less than what I paid. Any suggestions? Also, I saw mention of a "SC" earlier. What category is that on Odyssey or did I miss the reference that was being made? Thanks 

The 7 to an 8 night was a rare exception that I have seen a couple times where a 7 day existed one year but not the next or vice versa.  The key there is that the same itinerary length did not exist which is why the exception was made.

SC is Star class.  Most ships that people are transferring from do not have start class on them so they cant transfer to a suite on Odyssey that has Star class.  For example...even the Royal suite on Empress only transfers over to an Owners suite on Odyssey.

If you think that you can find a comparable booking that you can do and then shift to the sailing that you are on then go for it.  I would not cancel your existing refundable booking until the other one is confirmed

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The 7 to an 8 night was a rare exception that I have seen a couple times where a 7 day existed one year but not the next or vice versa.  The key there is that the same itinerary length did not exist which is why the exception was made.

SC is Star class.  Most ships that people are transferring from do not have start class on them so they cant transfer to a suite on Odyssey that has Star class.  For example...even the Royal suite on Empress only transfers over to an Owners suite on Odyssey.

If you think that you can find a comparable booking that you can do and then shift to the sailing that you are on then go for it.  I would not cancel your existing refundable booking until the other one is confirmed

Ken. - Thanks very much for the feedback. Yeah, I think I will look at some options and even other dates for Odyssey through April to switch to. The funny thing is, the GS non-refundable I booked on Symphony for a similar 8N S. Caribbean, was priced less than the J1 on Odyssey.  Initially, I was going to email you as I thought I had your email from awhile back when it was in your signature but no worries. Thanks again.

20 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

My whole thought process on this Lift and Switch  program may be changing. The entire time I was wanting a refund for our January 2021 6 dayer on Indy but I finally checked this L&S and Allure and Odyssey are available for us. We have side by side (not adjoining sadly) JS's booked with my parents so we are now considering it. We didn't like Allure so much this past Feb but had a blast on Harmony in 2019. Which brings me to my 2 questions......

1. Royal will actually give me us 2 JS's on Odyssey without charging us any more money?

2. Will Odyssey be completed by January 2022 and what happens if it's not?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

My whole thought process on this Lift and Switch  program may be changing. The entire time I was wanting a refund for our January 2021 6 dayer on Indy but I finally checked this L&S and Allure and Odyssey are available for us. We have side by side (not adjoining sadly) JS's booked with my parents so we are now considering it. We didn't like Allure so much this past Feb but had a blast on Harmony in 2019. Which brings me to my 2 questions......

1. Royal will actually give me us 2 JS's on Odyssey without charging us any more money?

2. Will Odyssey be completed by January 2022 and what happens if it's not?

Thanks

Correct and yes.

the only possible difference in price would be the port fees and taxes which are not protected.  I’ve had some go up and others go down. 

I can’t seeing odyssey not being done.  She’s she’s scheduled for this spring...a year before your cruise.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Ken. - Thanks very much for the feedback. Yeah, I think I will look at some options and even other dates for Odyssey through April to switch to. The funny thing is, the GS non-refundable I booked on Symphony for a similar 8N S. Caribbean, was priced less than the J1 on Odyssey.  Initially, I was going to email you as I thought I had your email from awhile back when it was in your signature but no worries. Thanks again.

Happy deal hunting. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, irishgal432 said:

We are on March 26th.  We board after the Symphony sailing on March  19th.  

We will just miss you.  We are on the earlier 8 day sailing of the Odyssey that month.  If our situation permitted it, I would rather do the B2B that you have booked, but we only get a single week off since we work in education.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Correct and yes.

the only possible difference in price would be the port fees and taxes which are not protected.  I’ve had some go up and others go down. 

I can’t seeing odyssey not being done.  She’s she’s scheduled for this spring...a year before your cruise.

First off, I must thank you for your posts on here of late. I have learned so much from you and always with good tone.....can't say the same for myself at times.

Second, I'm not sure why I thought Odyssey was Oasis class. So the only option for L&S for us would be Allure. Jewel was the other option but not interested in the smaller ships at the moment. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

First off, I must thank you for your posts on here of late. I have learned so much from you and always with good tone.....can't say the same for myself at times.

Second, I'm not sure why I thought Odyssey was Oasis class. So the only option for L&S for us would be Allure. Jewel was the other option but not interested in the smaller ships at the moment. 

It doesn’t have to be the same class.  Only the same itinerary type and length.  If you try to shift on line it will give you all your options.

It sounds like you had a 6 day in Indy.  That should be able to shift to a 6 night on Odyssey 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It doesn’t have to be the same class.  Only the same itinerary type and length.  If you try to shift on line it will give you all your options.

It sounds like you had a 6 day in Indy.  That should be able to shift to a 6 night on Odyssey 

Yeah, options are Allure, Odyssey, and Jewel. Quantum class good for small kids in your opinion? By Jan 2022 we'll have a 4 and 2.5 year old. We prefer a ship with ample outdoor areas.